No Point In Dying

JDHnCIH

So, does anyone else have stories of their runs yet? I thought DING! was hard, but I've done 2 playthroughs and lost my 5th life right at the end. Of course the hotel at the end is annoying, but I made a stupid mistake and got hit by the last gun right before the end. Caution to anyone who isn't experienced. TRY to have 2 lives left for the end, you definitely don't want to lose your last life by getting your timing wrong right at the end. Another tip, don't, I repeat DO NOT try going for DING while doing this trophy, you're causing yourself unnecessary stress and lives lost for nothing, skip it and do it later through chapter select.

Anyway, after losing my 5th life right at the end I had to take a break before I broke the controller haha.

I did some searching and haven't found a way to check how many lives you have lost, so be sure to keep track unless someone knows a way.

Good Luck all, feel free to share stories and tips.

I have tried running through this once. I lost lives in the most stupid places. I lost my first one running away from the spider because I didn't time a jump correctly. My second life was when the blow dart people are chasing you, I timed another jump incorrectly, which pissed me off. By this point I was angry because both of those wasted lives were stupid mistakes on easy parts.

My thrid death was trying to jump over a buzzsaw after getting a brain slug off of my head about a little over half way through the game. Another easy spot that I fucked up the timing. My fourth and fifth death happened back to back in the area where the world spins and you need to drop from the chain on to the crate that slides on the electified floor. I did there once and got a bit angry, but immediately died there again and decided to quit. I could have tried to keep going and just not die anymore, but I don't want to go into the final areas, where its so easy to make a mistake, with only 1 death left.

Basically I can safely say this trophy is going to be a pain in the ass. Probably wont try again until tomorrow. It doesn't take horribly long to do one try, but it takes long enough that one failure is enough to put you off of it for a while.

Edited by T_l_M_B_0

Trophy description: Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths

Yeah. Just ended my first try, that beeing just after the "hotel" chapter. Timed it so bad bcause i was a nerve wreck knowing that i can't die.

Got in my second try, the game is fantastic, and working for that trophy was pretty fun

1º Try:

Death 1 - that rock tied to a rope near the beginning killed me

Death 2 - made a bad jump, and spider killed me

Death 3 - by the first chain saw

Death 4 - first chain saw got me again , now during my return

Death 5 - bad jump, got killed my a giant rock

Death 6 - last fuc*$# trap of the game :mad:

2 Try:

Death 1 - Drowned where u pull a lever to raise water level (stupid death)

Death 2 - Pulled a block, and it fell in my head (stupid death)

Death 3 - Headshot by machine gun during elevator part

Death 4 - Another machine gun killed me, now during the last section of the game

and victory... :dance:

I haven't actually gotten the trophy yet, so perhaps this should be taken with a grain of salt... The strategy I'm using for my third playthrough after a six death second run is to make it to the buzz saw with the two boxes without losing any lives. Most of the game up to that part is easy if you remember what to do. Making it that far without any deaths should make it so you could feasibly mess up once on every remaining hard part and still make it.

I just got mine, too! 100%! After 3 runs yesterday (my 2nd, 3rd & 4th run) and dying 6 times on the last 2, I took a break. I got my DING! Trophy last night.

And then today I did an almost flawless run. I died twice at the very end. Once at the second to last trap (jump and flip in mid-air over a saw). And 2nd death at the very last trap. I somehow missed the switch on the way down. So, so close but oh well. Got my trophy xD

Just got it, this was my second attempt. The first time I lost my first life where you have to hit the button to drop the box and use it to jump over the spinning blade, so a decent ways in. From there I made three more silly mistakes, just based not quite having the timing right or forgetting about one of those surprise jumps and falling. I screwed myself right before the end, though. I forgot that when you have to jump and switch the gravity that you actually have to press Square to activate the switch, for reasons unknown I thought if I just passed through it I'd be fine. No such luck, and I died twice before I realized my mistake. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway, I hadn't played the game in a week and didn't practice the last four chapters beforehand, so I'm sure I would have died at least twice on those parts.

I tried a second time today and did fine. A few close calls and two deaths, but the end was easy since I played the last few chapters four or five times before starting a new game.

Can someone confirm that the Trophy Guide is correct in that if you play the game and complete it in one sitting and taking note of your deaths, then choosing Chapter Select you redo the chapters you died on till you know you are under 5 deaths and then finish the last chapter again you will get this trophy?

I beat this the other night with one death in total, right around where you start hitting the gravity buttons. It really isn't that hard, if anything I would compare it to aceing levels in Little Big Planet. It's all memorization and knowing the timing between some of the harder puzzles and traps. If there was one thing that messed me up, it was the buzz saws.

Good luck to everyone else going for it!

Can someone confirm that the Trophy Guide is correct in that if you play the game and complete it in one sitting and taking note of your deaths, then choosing Chapter Select you redo the chapters you died on till you know you are under 5 deaths and then finish the last chapter again you will get this trophy?

The trophy description in the guide is confusing. The author meant (I hope so) that you should replay the chapters where you died until you have completely mastered them.

The trophy description in the guide is confusing. The author meant (I hope so) that you should replay the chapters where you died until you have completely mastered them.

You are right, having reread it you cannot do what I stated earlier, you really have to play through the game in one sitting and get less than 5 deaths...

...gulp...

You are right, having reread it you cannot do what I stated earlier, you really have to play through the game in one sitting and get less than 5 deaths...

...gulp...

not less then 5 its 5 deaths or less, so if ur sitting @ 5 cont to play dont stop untill u hit that 6th one.

In case anyone was wondering, you cannot get this trophy by using back-ups on your USB. I have gone through this game by backing up before every difficult part and deleting my save file every time I died. It took me 2 precious hours:rolleyes: to find this out the hard way.

Now before people start calling me a moreon for overseeing the trophy description saying that it has to be done "in one sitting", I was aware of that but found the meaning of "one sitting" to be ambiguous. Several people have stated that you can't get the trophy through chapter select, but nobody mentioned quitting to the xmb and just resuming the game. By the way, somebody on the related forum on xbox360achievements.org mentioned another game that required one sitting that could be done with usb back-ups. But now I have confirmed it, it does not work on this game.

It was some good practice, though. I now knew every nasty detail that I could expect. I restarted the game and quit after dying a fourth time, being not even halfway through. (Mistakes: 1st: hit by the 2 swinging traps on a rope in the tree house, 2nd: falling in the mud because I had pressed X twice so I grabbed the solid part and let loose again, 3rd: drowned because I jumped away from a rotten sinking crate too late, 4th: probably so stupid that I can't remember.) I restarted again and quit after falling in the hole while jumping away from the spider as a mummy.

Finally, I restarted again and managed to stay concentrated, ending the game with 3 deaths.

1st: the crusher on the conveyor belt, I tried to hang on the side but climbed up by accident and got crushed

2nd: crushed between a large block and the ceiling between the parts with the last 2 machine guns

3rd: the very last trap before hitting the windscreen, luckily I had not lost 5 lives before that point or I would have gone mad:p

My hands were shaking terribly while going through the last chapters:p

Edited by TheDearGunther

I really don't know how people came to that conclusion from what I wrote in the guide. I specifically stated the opposite. Anyhow, it now says You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game" enough times that perhaps some more will understand.

I really don't know how people came to that conclusion from what I wrote in the guide. I specifically stated the opposite. Anyhow, it now says You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game" enough times that perhaps some more will understand.

Well you wrote in the guide:

"You need to hit and pick "Start New Game". Relax and play through the entire game again, writing down where/how you died each time. After you are done with the entire play through, go to those sections via chapter select and get that section done with no deaths. Do yet another ten second run of the final chapter, trust me. "

Reading that, it appears you are saying play each level, write down the ones you died on, go back and repeat till no deaths and then do a final run on the last chapter to get the trophy.

Whilst in fact what you mean is to write down where you died and repeat them so you learn what to do and you advise to go back to the last chapter and do it again just for practice sake since it is very hard but its not clear, it can easily be concieved that when you say you redo the last chapter it means the trophy will ping.

You now have added a bit after that stating what is exactly required which is good but I would rephrase the quoted sentences above.

I would say something like:

"You need to hit and pick "Start New Game". Relax and play through the entire game again, writing down where/how you died each time. After you are done with the entire play through, go to those sections via chapter select and get that section done with no deaths so you can prepare to do this in one entire sitting. Always practice the last chapter since it is so hard.

Then hit and pick "Start New Game" again and after your practice sessions earlier you should hopefully complete the game in one sitting with 5 deaths or less."

I just got it today after practicing the tricky parts of the game for a while through chapter select. Finished my run with one death, the part where you get close to the boy's sister and a slug forces you to go back and jump off a cog, timed it wrong and fell.

At that point, I knew I could probably get away with one or two more deaths before going into the very last section with the gravity switches. Thankfully, I had a few CLOSE calls on the way there but no deaths.

Practice before starting a new game and stay focused, it is entirely doable.

Did 2 runs yesterday where I died 6 times, last one was frustating as I had died 4 times and just had the last jump to do but died twice!!!!

Tried again in a few hours and got it! With no deaths as well!

The trickiest parts is timing the crates to drop on each other to get past the saw and of course the last part with the gravity switches!