XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > L (PSN) > Limbo

Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   2,500 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Well I died about 75 times on my first playthrough so am a little reluctant to try it

I died about 10 times alone on the final section with the antigravity

Leicester City FC and Playstation. Nuff Said.
Leicester_Lad_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to luxxx

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I died a 6th time on the very LAST anti gravity switch. Literally 2 seconds from the end of the game...ph0ckkkkk
Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just got it, this was my second attempt. The first time I lost my first life where you have to hit the button to drop the box and use it to jump over the spinning blade, so a decent ways in. From there I made three more silly mistakes, just based not quite having the timing right or forgetting about one of those surprise jumps and falling. I screwed myself right before the end, though. I forgot that when you have to jump and switch the gravity that you actually have to press Square to activate the switch, for reasons unknown I thought if I just passed through it I'd be fine. No such luck, and I died twice before I realized my mistake. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway, I hadn't played the game in a week and didn't practice the last four chapters beforehand, so I'm sure I would have died at least twice on those parts.

I tried a second time today and did fine. A few close calls and two deaths, but the end was easy since I played the last few chapters four or five times before starting a new game.
Chairman Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Can someone confirm that the Trophy Guide is correct in that if you play the game and complete it in one sitting and taking note of your deaths, then choosing Chapter Select you redo the chapters you died on till you know you are under 5 deaths and then finish the last chapter again you will get this trophy?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I beat this the other night with one death in total, right around where you start hitting the gravity buttons. It really isn't that hard, if anything I would compare it to aceing levels in Little Big Planet. It's all memorization and knowing the timing between some of the harder puzzles and traps. If there was one thing that messed me up, it was the buzz saws.

Good luck to everyone else going for it!

Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   2,500 Posts   Almost Golden   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjnick View Post
Can someone confirm that the Trophy Guide is correct in that if you play the game and complete it in one sitting and taking note of your deaths, then choosing Chapter Select you redo the chapters you died on till you know you are under 5 deaths and then finish the last chapter again you will get this trophy?
The trophy description in the guide is confusing. The author meant (I hope so) that you should replay the chapters where you died until you have completely mastered them.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetberg View Post
The trophy description in the guide is confusing. The author meant (I hope so) that you should replay the chapters where you died until you have completely mastered them.
You are right, having reread it you cannot do what I stated earlier, you really have to play through the game in one sitting and get less than 5 deaths...

...gulp...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
You are right, having reread it you cannot do what I stated earlier, you really have to play through the game in one sitting and get less than 5 deaths...

...gulp...
not less then 5 its 5 deaths or less, so if ur sitting @ 5 cont to play dont stop untill u hit that 6th one.

My Maintained Thread:
List of (NA) Playstation Plus / IGC Free Games

hungherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Exclamation info for the back-uppers

In case anyone was wondering, you cannot get this trophy by using back-ups on your USB. I have gone through this game by backing up before every difficult part and deleting my save file every time I died. It took me 2 precious hours to find this out the hard way.

Now before people start calling me a moreon for overseeing the trophy description saying that it has to be done "in one sitting", I was aware of that but found the meaning of "one sitting" to be ambiguous. Several people have stated that you can't get the trophy through chapter select, but nobody mentioned quitting to the xmb and just resuming the game. By the way, somebody on the related forum on xbox360achievements.org mentioned another game that required one sitting that could be done with usb back-ups. But now I have confirmed it, it does not work on this game.

It was some good practice, though. I now knew every nasty detail that I could expect. I restarted the game and quit after dying a fourth time, being not even halfway through. (Mistakes: 1st: hit by the 2 swinging traps on a rope in the tree house, 2nd: falling in the mud because I had pressed X twice so I grabbed the solid part and let loose again, 3rd: drowned because I jumped away from a rotten sinking crate too late, 4th: probably so stupid that I can't remember.) I restarted again and quit after falling in the hole while jumping away from the spider as a mummy.

Finally, I restarted again and managed to stay concentrated, ending the game with 3 deaths.
1st: the crusher on the conveyor belt, I tried to hang on the side but climbed up by accident and got crushed
2nd: crushed between a large block and the ceiling between the parts with the last 2 machine guns
3rd: the very last trap before hitting the windscreen, luckily I had not lost 5 lives before that point or I would have gone mad
My hands were shaking terribly while going through the last chapters

Last edited by TheDearGunther; 08-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.
TheDearGunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
I really don't know how people came to that conclusion from what I wrote in the guide. I specifically stated the opposite. Anyhow, it now says You need to hit and pick "Start New Game" enough times that perhaps some more will understand.

My Guides and Projects

153 Plat ~ 157 PSN @100% ~ 99% Completion
Leaders ~ Profiles
TigerLust is offline   Reply With Quote