Time Limit Ruins The Game

I just hate it, it's a golden rule to me to let the gamer discover the world and do what they want when they want. The time limit each day runs it I'd like to experience everything at my own pace without having to rush through and get everything I can done in the short time I have. Its just to bad the game could of really been amazing without the limit on time in game.

The time limit does not ruin the game.

Just keep using Chronostasis as much as you can when traveling and using it smartly.

Many times I had already started on the next days activities per the trophy guide because I had planned my time out accordingly.

I used Chronostasis so much that toward the end I just had to let the last 2 or 3 days run off and did nothing, so I could finish the game. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly idk how time could be an issue for you. first playthrough i had main quest + over 50 side quests done by the 6th day so i had way to much time leftover and just ran around killing things.

now when i was messing around on hard mode i can say that time seemed like it would be an issue there. but its hard mode so i wasnt really suprised.

I remember i completed all side missions in 3 or 4 days, only the missions that require you to talk to a certain npc multiple times on different days were left for me.

I can't say it ruins the game cause it's a new idea and i like new ideas, but if they distributed the amount of time left on these 3 or 4 days (meaning it becomes only 3 long days like Dead Rising 2), it'd be much better.

It may look like you're running out of time, but it's just an illusion. I do agree that the game doesn't let you do some things at your own pace, because after day 6 (or is it 7?) all the bosses get a boost in HP, ATK, etc... so you should 1st do the main story missions and then explore as much as you want. There is also Chronostasis which stop time but i'd prefer if there was no timer at all.

When you think about it though, this whole time thing is exacly what they were aiming for, one of the game's "motto" is "How are you going to spend your last 13 days?", or something like that. So they really stuck out with this time idea, it's the end of the world after all, i think anyone at that situation would be very careful with the time they have left.

With this game, I felt more like time was there to make you feel a sense of urgency rather than to actually make you feel like you couldn't explore. I slept away a large majority of the game simply from having done everything else. The trophy guide gives great tips for making sure you have plenty of time to do what you need to do.

The time limit does not ruin the game.

Just keep using Chronostasis as much as you can when traveling and using it smartly.

Pretty much this.

Abusing Chronostasis makes the time management component of the game almost nonexistent. Just make sure you know the good farming spots for EP during each time of day.

When you think about it though, this whole time thing is exacly what they were aiming for, one of the game's "motto" is "How are you going to spend your last 13 days?", or something like that. So they really stuck out with this time idea, it's the end of the world after all, i think anyone at that situation would be very careful with the time they have left.

It would have been a good idea only if they didn't force you to wait for specific time frames during the day to be able to accomplish specific tasks. I started working on the codes on day 2 and I just found out that I have to wait for the midnight of day 2 to complete this main quest, absurd to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my fifth day and I'm missing two main bosses (and did just 15 or so sidequest and 15 canvas) and despite the fact that I'll probably manage to do everything in time, the time limit and sense of urgency is indeed ruining my experience.

edit. I must admit that, after learning to use chronostatis and recharge EPs effectively, I'm beginning to really enjoy the game after a quite traumatic beginning.

Edited by Brightblade

Everyone, as usual, is completely missing the point when it comes to this criticism. Yes, there is enough time to get everything done, but no that doesn't change the fact that the clock is annoying and the game would be more fun without it. It contributes nothing positive to the experience.

You should play Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is how you do a time limit correctly.

Edited by ryan0991

• 2 months later...
I must admit that, after learning to use chronostatis and recharge EPs effectively, I'm beginning to really enjoy the game after a quite traumatic beginning.

I would like to know more about this recharge EPs effectively thing. Everywhere I look, people say the time limit's no issue because you can just spam chronostasis to stop time, but I hardly ever have enough EP and there are usually not enough enemies to refill them properly. I spend all the extra time I get through chronostasis looking for more enemies, to be able to cast chronostasis again and the cycle starts anew. :confused:

• 3 years later...

Not to necro a dead thread but I think the time limit is more of a psychological barrier to most people than anything. I got about a quarter of the way through the game a while ago on the Xbox on Normal (Well I beat Noel if that means anything) and the time limit was incredibly generous to the point where I was waiting around for certain events to spawn. In spite of this though I completely understand people's gripes with it as it adds a sense of pressure to a game they might otherwise enjoy, as it's one of the more original games in the series in terms of its combat mechanics.