Well i got this game friday, and i must say although the story is a little too cheesy (but then again all of the trilogy has been) im thoroughly enjoying the open world and battle system!

I got to caius earlier though, and i have to say he slapped me three ways from sunday to the point i had to run with my tail between my legs. I've gone back to do yusnaan for now (got all but about 4 side quests and the main quest finished for it now).

Whens best for me to re-attempt caius? Should i go back soon, or complete act 4/5 first?

XboxAchievements.com - View Single Post - How do you beat a certain boss *spoilers*

Here is how I did it.

Full thread Check post #2 spoiler for details.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568216&highlight=Caius

You have to rotate your magic, can not stagger with fire as you then can no longer use fire.

Are you on normal or hard difficulty?

Edited by ecto69

Ok sounds good I think I'll try that. I will be playing again tonight so will try. I've gone back and completed acts 1, 2 and I am in the tombs in the dead dunes trying to find the final crucifix piece.

Also I've played through on easy first (I don't usually but thought **** it). Will I be able to play hard on my 2nd play through, or will I have to complete it I. Normal first?

Ok sounds good I think I'll try that. I will be playing again tonight so will try. I've gone back and completed acts 1, 2 and I am in the tombs in the dead dunes trying to find the final crucifix piece.

Also I've played through on easy first (I don't usually but thought **** it). Will I be able to play hard on my 2nd play through, or will I have to complete it I. Normal first?

NG+ on hard mode is not bad. However you need to plan your schema better.

Check out my FAQ here for some hints.

Also I have a speed run on desert dunes ruins , with maps, posted here.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/227616-speed-run-main-quest-4-a.html

Edited by ecto69

Well after completing all the other story quests and 49 side quests I returned to battle him. I used deprotect for his commando and just spammed attack and blitz (using heavy slash when staggered) and then deshell, curse and my -aga spells to beat him down to size in ravager mode. Was rather easy compared to previously, I think he downed me once, but I had two spare Phoenix downs so all was well!

• 3 weeks later...