Silk Scarf?

So at the moment I'm trying to maximize my ATB recovery. Just started my 2nd play and I've been thinking...

Silk Scarf works for ALL the schemata or just the one selected? I'm not sure it is worth to exchange something like STR+18% for it but I'm probably very wrong here. Any good way to optimize your ATB recovery? Mine is slow as hell :p

They don't make it clear enough in the description. I don't have the game open, how does it describe it in the game look at the top of the screen scrolling text and also the auto ability if it is listed.

I think it does apply to all outfits. Because there is an add on that affects standby schemas (it charges the other two while using the schema)

Even the book does not give more detail on accessories

On new game + get a fast ATB shield like the Nobelesse Veronique or the lower one ,red rose , rosa something. Once you upgrade it is iirc 40atb

Il Nome Della Rosa 42,000 Gil Day 6

Also don't use slow weapons or shields , ATB speed is more important the HP.

From google search

ATB Speed affects both Standby and Active sets.

For Active:

The regeneration is 1/2 slower compared to the Standby.

Also once you consume any ATB, it will take a few seconds before regeneration starts.

For Standby:

Well, it is on standby. Regeneration is 2x faster than the Active.

Also Equilibrium+ Garb has standby ATB recovery

Edited by ecto69

Very true, ecto. Is is ALL about ATB speed IMO, I've come to situations where I had no ATB in a fight against a hard boss and I'm there panicking switching between garbs because they all have no ATB even for a regular attack and a guard, making me vulnerable to anything. My SoP (Soldier of Peace) garb has 200 recovery thanks to the item dropped by [spoiler=123]Aeronite

I'm currently on my 5th play through, because I didn't beat the Ultimate Lair boss 2nd time. I'd like the accessory he drops for the 3rd time so it becomes the best one. :)

Yeah I just done some testing and it just works for the current schemata :(. Also I was wondering... Is it "ok" to use the same shield for two or maybe three schemata? I've been meaning to buy another Les Fleur du Mal just for the ATB speed for my other schematas.

Yeah I just done some testing and it just works for the current schemata :(. Also I was wondering... Is it "ok" to use the same shield for two or maybe three schemata? I've been meaning to buy another Les Fleur du Mal just for the ATB speed for my other schematas.

You can use the same item in as many as you have items.

That's a 500,000 GIL version of the cheaper ones

Nobless Veronique 180,000 GIL

and Il Nome Della Rosa 42,000 GIL

Upgrading from the lower ones is cheaper then the top tier.

I have not done a spreadsheet for shields yet, just for weapons, so don't have exact data.

You can use the same item in as many as you have items.

That's a 500,000 GIL version of the cheaper ones

Nobless Veronique 180,000 GIL

and Il Nome Della Rosa 42,000 GIL

Upgrading from the lower ones is cheaper then the top tier.

I have not done a spreadsheet for shields yet, just for weapons, so don't have exact data.

Oh so even the lower tier ones get the same stats as the high tier when upgraded? That's amazing to know! Thanks for all the help everyone :D

Oh so even the lower tier ones get the same stats as the high tier when upgraded? That's amazing to know! Thanks for all the help everyone :D

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/231109-weapon-upgrade-chart.html

This is thread on weapons, it should apply to shields as well,

Like I said have not experimented with shields as much as with weapons.

The only difference is that with the top tier all you need to do is use smeltwater something of other item to upgrade. the lower tier ones need the mighty material and shield polisher items to catch up to the 3rd tier

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/ffxiii/shields/nv.jpg

Maxed out NV shield

Also if you have the Original Lightning Outfit and the new shield they add to it , it can be upgraded to 7000HP and (or even 10k) ATB up to 30+

I tweaked it to 7000HP and 25ATB and 15% efficiency

Edited by ecto69