XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
artemisthemp

Default Outerworld Challenge #1

Source - Unlock the Helter Skelter Garb in Lightning Returns in this Outerworld Challenge | Nova Crystallis

Square Enix have announced that, players will receive the Helter Skelter garb if, the Lightning Returns community upload 100,000 (Guess battle score) to the Outerworld before May 3.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I saw that, first time I read it "say what 100,000 post", I can't post that many and then figured it had to be for everyone that uses the features, should be easy, they must have sold over 100,000 copies and if even half post twice it is done.

I have posted at least 10 so far.

Wonder if anyone will still be playing it in May 3. That's like over 2 months away. Hope this pops in the next week or so before I get items to level 4.

Its not May 3, the contest is for 2 weeks and started Feb 15.

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by ecto69; 02-19-2014 at 06:15 PM.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Raiho

I'll be uploading my score soon. Hopefully, we'll be able to reach the needed quota.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
Lifearmor

These competitions blow IMO. Why not give a completely new garb?
Lifearmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #5
ecto69

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
Square Enix have announced that, players will receive the Helter Skelter garb if, the Lightning Returns community upload 100,000 (Guess battle score) to the Outerworld before May 3.
Quote:
100,000 posts to be made (total, not per person)
Not battle score a total of posted messages only totaling 100,000 from all players of LR:FF XIII

Top 4
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
ecto69

Now that this is complete, where is the best place to go find and get this garb. A friend was looking for it took him 7+ hours to find it (7 real hours not fake game time LOL )

Top 4
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Suporex

I found the NPC needed but he only had potion and message from Square Enix. No garb

Check my Let's platinium series on youtube. Channel TrueRockNRolla
Suporex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
Hippeus

Did u go to your outerworld rewards? Heard it pops up there once u talk to their npc. Hope I can still find him tomorrow night as I am away from my PS3 for the weekend

Signature by: Red_Rebel44 l PSNP l PS3T
Hippeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #9
HalfEatenGod

In case you guys didn't know the garb has been available for purchase from the outfitters in Aryas village on hard mode for 100,000 gil from release.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
AZNFreakaZoid46

In case you haven't realized this yet, there are really 3 Outerworld NPCs so far--or so I've heard--that have the name @LRFF13, and all of them, while selling Potions, carry different rewards. Of course the one in particular that most people are looking for right now has the Helter Skelter garb as the reward.

From what I've read on other forums, a lot of people seem to mistake the @LRFF13 NPC giving out a Cute Cactuar Figurine--which they (myself included) ended up getting instead of the intended reward--for the one giving out said garb. Yes, I, like most other people, was pretty disappointed when that happened. To clarify, the NPC that you're looking for should have "Outerworld Challenge #1" as the message instead of "Post a Lightning Message, blah blah blah," so if you look closely upon interacting with the NPC, you should be able to tell the difference.

The other main issue here, also based on what I've seen online, is that people who are still looking for the garb are having trouble getting the NPC in question to spawn, let alone give out the garb. These @LRFF13 NPCs can spawn anywhere randomly, usually close to stations. That being said, that would explain why it could take several real-life hours to find the NPC you're looking for. Personally, I think it's just dumb luck, really. I had to quit and reload my save several times just to get the NPC with the garb to pop up, and that alone took me at least 3 hours. It was so frustrating, and I'm sure it would be just as frustrating to you if you still happen to look for it. Eventually I did find the long sought-after NPC in the vicinity of the Luxerion North Station and got my garb from there (saving my game afterwards, of course).

TL;DR: If you're still looking for the NPC with the garb, you can find it wandering anywhere that has a good population density (Luxerion, for instance), usually close to monorail stations. This NPC spawns randomly and at any time, so if you don't find it when you want to, you might have to keep trying until you do.

Oh, and besides the fact that it's free, you can obtain the garb on ANY difficulty. This will save you the trouble of having to spend 100,000 gil on Hard mode.

AZNFreakaZoid46 is offline   Reply With Quote