Outerworld Challenge #1

Source - Unlock the Helter Skelter Garb in Lightning Returns in this Outerworld Challenge | Nova Crystallis

Square Enix have announced that, players will receive the Helter Skelter garb if, the Lightning Returns community upload 100,000 (Guess battle score) to the Outerworld before May 3.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2-17-2014_47.jpg

I saw that, first time I read it "say what 100,000 post", I can't post that many and then figured it had to be for everyone that uses the features, should be easy, they must have sold over 100,000 copies and if even half post twice it is done.

I have posted at least 10 so far.

Wonder if anyone will still be playing it in May 3. That's like over 2 months away. Hope this pops in the next week or so before I get items to level 4.

Its not May 3, the contest is for 2 weeks and started Feb 15.

Edited by ecto69

Square Enix have announced that, players will receive the Helter Skelter garb if, the Lightning Returns community upload 100,000 (Guess battle score) to the Outerworld before May 3.

100,000 posts to be made (total, not per person)

Not battle score a total of posted messages only totaling 100,000 from all players of LR:FF XIII

In case you haven't realized this yet, there are really 3 Outerworld NPCs so far--or so I've heard--that have the name @LRFF13, and all of them, while selling Potions, carry different rewards. Of course the one in particular that most people are looking for right now has the Helter Skelter garb as the reward.

From what I've read on other forums, a lot of people seem to mistake the @LRFF13 NPC giving out a Cute Cactuar Figurine--which they (myself included) ended up getting instead of the intended reward--for the one giving out said garb. Yes, I, like most other people, was pretty disappointed when that happened. To clarify, the NPC that you're looking for should have "Outerworld Challenge #1" as the message instead of "Post a Lightning Message, blah blah blah," so if you look closely upon interacting with the NPC, you should be able to tell the difference.

The other main issue here, also based on what I've seen online, is that people who are still looking for the garb are having trouble getting the NPC in question to spawn, let alone give out the garb. These @LRFF13 NPCs can spawn anywhere randomly, usually close to stations. That being said, that would explain why it could take several real-life hours to find the NPC you're looking for. Personally, I think it's just dumb luck, really. I had to quit and reload my save several times just to get the NPC with the garb to pop up, and that alone took me at least 3 hours. It was so frustrating, and I'm sure it would be just as frustrating to you if you still happen to look for it. Eventually I did find the long sought-after NPC in the vicinity of the Luxerion North Station and got my garb from there (saving my game afterwards, of course).

TL;DR: If you're still looking for the NPC with the garb, you can find it wandering anywhere that has a good population density (Luxerion, for instance), usually close to monorail stations. This NPC spawns randomly and at any time, so if you don't find it when you want to, you might have to keep trying until you do.

Oh, and besides the fact that it's free, you can obtain the garb on ANY difficulty. This will save you the trouble of having to spend 100,000 gil on Hard mode.

Now that this is complete, where is the best place to go find and get this garb. A friend was looking for it took him 7+ hours to find it (7 real hours not fake game time LOL )

Just got the Helter Skelter garb from an LRFF13 cat running around in Luxerion near the north station. Wasn't even looking for it really as I normally ignore the outworld thing... but an urge just came over me to chase that cat for some reason lol.

Edited by Shadow 5150

Can I use that stragey to get Elixirs or no?

Yeah you can! I did for the trophy when I didnt think I'd have 100 by the end of my first play through but it costs 360,000 gil, I just brought it then reloaded..

After clicking 'summon' on facebook I got on LRFF13 on my ps3 & the elixir NPG was only as few steps away immediately in luxerian where I spawned.

The hardest part is finding an elixir on facebook, Hopefully you can find the post I did titled "Elixir" lol

Good luck!

https://apps.facebook.com/320986651365615

If you check out my LRFF13 post (Should be public) somewhere so far down here: https://www.facebook.com/mathew.mcdiarmid.1

It says

LRFF13: Snapshot

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII

Like ·Comment · Summon > Elixir · Share

After you like the facebook app, I think you can just click the summon elixir button & the NPC will apprear next time your in the game, If you do be sure to give me a cheers :D

https://apps.facebook.com/320986651365615

If you check out my LRFF13 post (Should be public) somewhere so far down here: https://www.facebook.com/mathew.mcdiarmid.1

It says

LRFF13: Snapshot

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII

Like ·Comment · Summon > Elixir · Share

After you like the facebook app, I think you can just click the summon elixir button & the NPC will apprear next time your in the game, If you do be sure to give me a cheers :D

I found the post and click the summon and the APP starts , is that all there is to it? or do I still need to do something inside the APP or in Facebook itself?

UPDATE:

Actually just got the Helter Skelter outfit a few mins ago.

AT Pilgrims passage just out side the gate to the Holy District aka > Cathedral

Edited by ecto69

I got the Helter Skelter outfit at the beginning of the game in Luxerion...I had two @LRFF13 NPC spawn next to each other right after completing the first mission.

I don't have either facebook nor twitter and there's no way in hell I'm going to make a new account just for this game, lol...hopefully I won't have too much trouble with Elixirs.

I found the post and click the summon and the APP starts , is that all there is to it? or do I still need to do something inside the APP or in Facebook itself?

UPDATE:

Actually just got the Helter Skelter outfit a few mins ago.

AT Pilgrims passage just out side the gate to the Holy District aka > Cathedral

I think that you need to 'like' the app to have it installed so to speak, then it should appear on the left hand side bar when you got to facebook with your browser, then you need to scroll through the screenshots & look for an elixir, then hit 'summon'

Or possibly (Im not 100%) After 'liking' the app, you may be able to use my link on my wall as a short cut to save browsing all the photos manually. Either way, im pretty sure you need to 'like' the app first to have it in your profile, if that makes sense?

Oh more importantly, you have to log into your ps3, play LRFF13, go to the setting menu & under 'facebook' you need to log in & connect your facebook to LRFF13 & enable them to be connected, I forgot what it says exactly but in LRFF13 it'll ask you so sign in to your facebook from the menu, after you input your email & password to sign in it should say that for facebook & LRFF13 are connected.

Edited by maTTy1987

Outerworld Challenge #2

Just got it as I started game, at the monorail station in Wildlands, the girl from the farm (the redhead) at least it looks like her.

It has a +1000HP boost

Outerworld Challenge #3 Total of 300,000 posts

NOTE: not sure if this is 300k more or does it include the posts that have been made so far, in other words 100K more ? ? ?

La Fouldre

(The Tower)

A garb made for a magic user, it greatly increases the wearer's Magic.

Locked ability: Ruin Lv. 4

Maximum ATB: +50

Default ATB: 50%

Auto Ability Magic + 180

Hard Mode only: Buy from the Bandits' Best Outfitters in the Dead Dunes, Ruffian for 100,000 gil

Edited by ecto69

Is it still possible to claim the freebies from the first and second challenge? I found the Official LR NPC and all it sold me was a Turbo Ether LOL

YES, I think they stay there for ever. or at least until the whole thing ends in what 8 or so weeks. Not sure.

They are still running around on the map, I see them all the time now since I have them now.

Best way is to summon them via the Facebook app. I think once you summon they stay for ever on your map. not sure though.

I've been posting a few Elixir's , when I still had it, to the outerworld. Total posts over 125.

It is a good way to save a record of battles and other cool events in the game.

Edited by ecto69