Soul Seeds farming

How long did it take you guys to farm the required soul seeds in the death game? I've just finished Day 7 and have all the main quests done and like 56 sidequest and 30 canvas of prayers quests so I'm gonna start doing this. I have like maybe 20 or so already that I've sold, so I need about 80 more.

How long will this take?

Also a quick question about the Aeronite fight. Can I save right in front of him before initiating combat and if he flies away I can just reload the save and try again without waiting for him to reappear?

Edited by Fettster777

How long did it take you guys to farm the required soul seeds in the death game? I've just finished Day 7 and have all the main quests done and like 56 sidequest and 30 canvas of prayers quests so I'm gonna start doing this. I have like maybe 20 or so already that I've sold, so I need about 80 more.

How long will this take?

since you won't get to unlock bridges until day9, the Death Game sidequest would be the most productive place to farm soul seeds, provided you haven't completed that quest.

but regardless whether you farm bridges or Death Game sidequest area, soul seeds respawns once every in-game hour. you should be able to collect 2 seeds per in-game hour, sometimes 3... so in your particular case 80 soul seeds will mean around 40 in-game hours. 2 days for you at the most?

and Keep in mind that Death Game is over at 02.00. (locked for the rest of the Night)

im pretty sure you could start it at 1.59 for the 4 hours but you can't start it after 02.00. (most likely because of the 4 hour time Limit)

Edited by Kakyochan

since you won't get to unlock bridges until day9, the Death Game sidequest would be the most productive place to farm soul seeds, provided you haven't completed that quest.

You can use those things?? I kept wondering why they were in every world but couldn't be used lol. And I actually just started Day 9. Do they unlock automatically, or does it involve a quest?

You can use those things?? I kept wondering why they were in every world but couldn't be used lol. And I actually just started Day 9. Do they unlock automatically, or does it involve a quest?

Involves some canvas of prayers quests. There is also a trophy related to open all the bridges.

they have a metric f**kton of HP, are very annoying to stagger, have breath that would make me want to kiss a Molboro, hit like trucks, can break your immunities, and take an age to kill...

i dont want to even THINK about either eater class in its Last One state, those are two fights i dont want to deal with...

You can actually get 4 or 5 soul seeds in one choas cloud at a time I think, on day 10 I went to Yusaan highway for a day (In game) I had extincted all monsters their but the cloud kept appearing, I hung around & remember getting at least 4 in one cloud, I ended up with 30+ in no time, I didnt even use the time stopper..

they have a metric f**kton of HP, are very annoying to stagger, have breath that would make me want to kiss a Molboro, hit like trucks, can break your immunities, and take an age to kill...

i dont want to even THINK about either eater class in its Last One state, those are two fights i dont want to deal with...

I actually had more trouble beating the chocobo eater in a dark cloud for a side mission than I did for either of the eaters at their final form :confused:

Just have thunder & aero equipped to all 3 schemas, let them fill up only blocking when necessary then spam thunder & aero for a quick stagger, then when staggered go to down with attack if your STR is high enough or just keep using thunder for effective damage, Its actually pretty easy.

On this subject, for the "Unearthly Apothecary" trophy, do you have to turn in 100 soul seeds at once to the soul seed merchants or is it cumulative? So if I give 20 to them one time and 80 another, will that work so long as it is on the same playthrough? I ask because I've already given loads to them over the course of the game so I don't really want to farm for 100 at once if that is unnecessary.

On this subject, for the "Unearthly Apothecary" trophy, do you have to turn in 100 soul seeds at once to the soul seed merchants or is it cumulative? So if I give 20 to them one time and 80 another, will that work so long as it is on the same playthrough? I ask because I've already given loads to them over the course of the game so I don't really want to farm for 100 at once if that is unnecessary.

Is cumulative, not to mention the max item count is 99 so you can't have all 100 at once in your inventory. However, you need to give all 100 in a single playthrough, the counter resets each NG+.

Is cumulative, not to mention the max item count is 99 so you can't have all 100 at once in your inventory. However, you need to give all 100 in a single playthrough, the counter resets each NG+.

thanks for clearing that up. can it be across multiple soul seed buyers as well? or does it have to be the same person. I'm at 77 just need 10 more because I have sold 13 already.

thanks for clearing that up. can it be across multiple soul seed buyers as well? or does it have to be the same person. I'm at 77 just need 10 more because I have sold 13 already.

I can't say for certain, but I never saw anywhere mentioning that must be the same buyer. By the looks those buyers work in society so possibly you can sell across multiple buyers without problems. If you're unsure about that, save before in case you sell to another buyer.

I can't say for certain, but I never saw anywhere mentioning that must be the same buyer. By the looks those buyers work in society so possibly you can sell across multiple buyers without problems. If you're unsure about that, save before in case you sell to another buyer.

It can be different buyers. I can confirm that.

I'm a bit confused, I'm down to using the bridge method, and have pretty much cleared all baddies on bridge permanently, do I just sit in the cloud of chaos for hours in game and collect the seeds as they spawn or do I run about generating new clouds. I understand it's 1 hour in game for soul seeds to respawn. I probably only need about 30 more. Just a bit confused. Clarification would be great if possible.

• 4 weeks later...