Lightning Returns Bitching Thread

Figured since there wasn't one yet up and I needed to get something off my chest to vent I thought i'd make one.

My major complaint I have to bitch about in this game is one word. Hope. I don't know what they were going for with his character being a spotter but I didn't think I could hate his character more then I did in the first game.

He continuously badgers the player with the same astute advice that a npc just told you or reminds you nonstop of your next objective. Then to make manners worse when him and Light have a "actual" conversation he cuts himself off to say the same B.S. Then for the love of god he harasses the player nonstop from 5am to 6am.

I'm on Day 6 of my first play-through and I don't know if I have it in me to do a NG+ least not right away. Cause my eye is just starting to twitch that he seems to think the player can't think for themselves.

Sorry for the rant but a bitching thread is usually the place to put it. Does anyone else feel this way about Hope? Or am I in the minority? Don't get me wrong I loved him in the 2nd game but this one.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I didn't think I could hate his character more then I did in the first game.

Sorry for the rant but a bitching thread is usually the place to put it. Does anyone else feel this way about Hope? Or am I in the minority? Don't get me wrong I loved him in the 2nd game but this one.....

I don't have LR-FFXIII but I'll buy it eventually way later at bargain as I hate this series but still want to complete it.

I also despise Hope. I've never hated a character so much in my life when I played the first game.

I don't really mind Hope in this game, I even had him in my party in the first game when he was a whiny brat, because he was a good character if you used him right.

But I still like him in this game and I understand why he constantly nags you in the game, because you gotta remember time is incredibly valuable in it for all the side-quest and main quests and It's nice to have something reminding you about something that maybe you might have forgotten to do, But I do agree he does it a little too often, If only there was a way to turn off his dialog, at least, in the second play-through since you'll know what you'll be doing. It's a shame you can't turn off all his nagging though.

I personally don't have any real complaints with the game, though I do wish they would have kept an actual leveling system and not quest gradually increasing your powers and the fact that there's so many Garbs and weapons and what not and you can only use three of them in a battle, gets frustrating and I'm not one to want to keep switching out different schema to be the most effective in battles (unless it's a boss battle) Just too much dressing up lightning like a barbie doll.

But overall I do enjoy the game, kinda reminds me of a Major's Mask mixed with Final Fantasy. Which is a good thing IMO.

Okay my rants over now ^.^

All I can say OP is 'Start' and then 'Select' (for skip).

I just completed my NG+ for the plat.

The game is an absolute mess.

Every time Lightning has a revelation and or is told something important she aloof on the matter it in the next conversation event. The process repeats itself from day one through day 13; impacting every major plot point.

I basically skipped every cut scene/every conversation... it was much better. :think:

However, It should be noted that I thoroughly enjoyed the last and final cinematic event.

The Music and or background sounds are sometimes over powering the main dialog, I can hardly hear Hope and other important quest dialog, This started happen in yusnaan.

Also when taking to a quest giver (QG) the other NPC are right there and pushing you and or QG out of the way, only a minor nit, also the graphics are messed up where parts of the person you are talking to go right thru lightnings body. looks funny.

All I can say OP is 'Start' and then 'Select' (for skip).

I just completed my NG+ for the plat.

The game is an absolute mess.

Every time Lightning has a revelation and or is told something important she aloof on the matter it in the next conversation event. The process repeats itself from day one through day 13; impacting every major plot point.

I basically skipped every cut scene/every conversation... it was much better. :think:

However, It should be noted that I thoroughly enjoyed the last and final cinematic event.

Probably what I'll do on my NG+. The first playthrough I've been doing has been enough for me to facepalm myself with glasses on every time Hope or Lightning open their mouths about the plot. Its sad Lightning has been the face of Final Fantasy for the past 4 years and we have to say goodbye to her in a game like this :(. Least you gave me hope about the ending scene. Still have hope for FFXV though.

Edited by Hippeus

one of my gripes has been mentioned, yeah hope, i think the pink haired little lady heard you the FIRST 8 F&%KING DAYS, quit it, she knows she needs to be back there at 6 AM!!

the other annoyance, only one type of enemy i feel is cheap and nasty, the freaking Guants and others of their kind, they're so cheap, IF they didnt spam Aerora like no tomorrow so they stun-block just long enough for a powerful Aeroga to hit you, they'd be pathetic, but no, they suck ass and take an age to kill...

I'm surprised nobody has bitched about the time limit in this thread.

That's a given ;)

But to add to that, not only the overall time limit, but the time limits on other quests and events in the game. I think the only way to complete some of them is using Chronostatis just so you have enough time to collect everything needed.

Edited by ecto69

anyone who bitches about the "time limit" is a fool, Chronostasis is there for a reason, EP is easy to regen, i can easilly get that one EP back in one casting of Chronostasis, by the time it runs out i've got 5-6 battles out of it, enough to get MORE than 1 EP back, if its a BIG enemy, well, thats one battle :)

im on my first playthrough and have nearly 60 hours playtime, im only on day 10, with another 4 to go... yeah, some "time limit"...

sorry if i seem negative but im pretty fed with peoples complaints about shit thats easily avoidable, or mechanics of a game that you can control.

Edited by AzzTheStickman

I only got one garb, The FFXIII, Lightning first costume :mad:

I downloaded the demo, submitted a score (Twice) Didnt get no garb..

I also believe I should have got 2 garbs for my XIII-2 gamesave?

Not that I need them, They'll just be nice to have..

You should of also got he PS3 only garb, I forget how you get it, but it was just if you had the demo on your system. Do you still have demo intalled or did you delete prior to running full game. There are many steps you need follow to get it.

You should of also got he PS3 only garb, I forget how you get it, but it was just if you had the demo on your system. Do you still have demo intalled or did you delete prior to running full game. There are many steps you need follow to get it.

I got the demo still installed, along side my FFXIII & FFXIII-2 gamesave.

I thought you just navigate into menu maybe where it says :Outerworld gifts" & Trophy Gifts" or something along those lines..

Like I said I submitted a battle score twice in the demo (Played it about 4 times total)

Kept the demo, kept all my gamesaves..

I only have the FFXIII costume :confused:

Its like my PS3 wont recognize the data but its all the same region, Region 4 Australia, I always like to keep my stuff PAL region 4/2 for stuff like this..

I got a complaint about this game.

So, went to buy an elixir for an easy trophy. I ported to Lux south station and I stumbled upon a outworld NPC, great, clicked on it, Bingo an elixir, NICE.

I was short on gil due to taking the tram.

So I went to sell and go buy it. The vendor vanished.

So, I tried the lame ass Facebook summoning tool so you can summon an item merchant to you.

Turns out, all everyone posts on there to summon are potions and phoenix downs, and stupid shit you can buy in game. Look I don't want to summon your fucking potion.

Damn morons. So the app is a waste, clicking through hours and hours of screenshots to summon potions, or wandering aimlessly to hope to find a vendor, which there are only no elixirs ever.

Im about to just say fuck it and go farm 100 seeds for one. I would prolly get it faster.

So the outworld trader system is fucking stupid and it can kiss my ass.

HATE.

Edited by Xx_Weasle_xX

My bitch about this game is that it is just pure crap. Anyone that feels satisfied by this game really need to broaden their horizons as there is far better stuff out than this pile of poo. (I platinumed XIII and XIII-2) So yes I enjoyed the series up until this horrific car accident.

once again ANOTHER person passing off oppinion as fact...

i loved the game, its pretty good and a nice send off for my favorite character in the franchise, dont like that? tough shit.

once again ANOTHER person passing off oppinion as fact...

i loved the game, its pretty good and a nice send off for my favorite character in the franchise, dont like that? tough shit.

The first part of your reply negates itself with ANOTHER part, meaning I am not the first to slate this pile of crap. Secondly I did state my opinion and I did not make light of or point at / make an example of anyone elses post. You did, you are the winner at internet!

Don't worry Boyblunder. Azz has a problem with people expressing their opinions. Do not let him get you all upset.

Anyway, so far I love the game. While the time management aspect is a caveat that people do not like, it is easily manipulated with EP and Chronostasis. I have many times found myself with nothing left to do because I have kept the time paused so frequently.

Hmm, where to rank it out of the three? It is probably the best.

One was too linear, FX13-2 I did not get enough of my favorite characters, and this one, is all lightning, so I would place this one as my favorite out of the 3.

But that is my opinion, so do not get all pissed off Azz.

Sorry you did not like it Boyblunder. Maybe next time give some insight as to why you do not like it. Sure there are some aspects that are not as favorable, but overall its a great game.

Edited by Xx_Weasle_xX

Don't worry Boyblunder. Azz has a problem with people expressing their opinions. Do not let him get you all upset.

Anyway, so far I love the game. While the time management aspect is a caveat that people do not like, it is easily manipulated with EP and Chronostasis. I have many times found myself with nothing left to do because I have kept the time paused so frequently.

Hmm, where to rank it out of the three? It is probably the best.

One was too linear, FX13-2 I did not get enough of my favorite characters, and this one, is all lightning, so I would place this one as my favorite out of the 3.

But that is my opinion, so do not get all pissed off Azz.

Sorry you did not like it Boyblunder. Maybe next time give some insight as to why you do not like it. Sure there are some aspects that are not as favorable, but overall its a great game.

Fair enuff. I guess Hope saying "hey, maybe you should try climbing down that ladder" just pushed me over the edge.

Yeah Hope can get annoying. I guess it was the developers way to assist the player and help out players with less of a brain or to guide the player to the right direction in terms of managing time better.

But he comes off as pushy, no shit Sherlock, and a fly in the ear.

Hope has always annoyed me though. In the first one I did not even put him in my party when I had the option to, even though he is one of the better mages in the game. I defaulted that role to vanille.

Edited by Xx_Weasle_xX