XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > > >

Old 04-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #161
p3-eR-nuLL

rofl sick, got the poker ace trophy on the river with a 5 pair (but after a LOT of defeats - mostly 2nd - during the past few weeks)

Last edited by p3-eR-nuLL; 04-20-2011 at 09:51 PM.
p3-eR-nuLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #162
WakaWok

Thanks heaps and well done on the guide.
WakaWok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #163
SuperBlob64

Send a message via MSN to SuperBlob64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperBlob64

Got it first go lol Playing online with randoms.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #164
SimplySupreme
Banned

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bright Idea!   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Finally got the "Poker Ace" trophy....The most frustrating thing is, nobody on Red Dead knows how to play Poker properly.

People just get bored too quickly and just go all in with a stupid hand like 2, 7 off-suit, and piss their chips away.....Even when you call their bluff, and have a far superior hand, you still sometimes lose out because they fluke the river card or something.

I've had plenty of good starting hands like A, K or high pockets, only to be hit by a trips on the flop or a silly low flush/straight draw.

Its so frustrating, but still, what else do you expect when people dont play with real money, eh?
SimplySupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #165
FlatwellSequoia

The 50k Posse trophy is somewhat random. I actually got it when I happened to join a free roam session that had a PSN friend of mine on it, he had just randomly accumulated people in a posse to go through Pike's Basin multiple times and we were quickly able to get to 50k. Even after the trophy popped, we kept on going through Pike's Basin for XP farming, and we eventually reached 100k posse points! I think we eventually got to some ridiculous posse points before people started to drop off.

Pike's Basin is a good gang hideout if you have multiple people in your posse since it's well suited to "distributed" work since it has three or four distinct areas that players can "own" and you get substantial amount of points when the group finishes and you can finish it very quickly if all the players quickly finish their "assigned/preferred" areas. It's not a good place if you're on your own or if you only have two or three players in your posse since it's a large area and going back and forth between them can be a pain.

Last edited by FlatwellSequoia; 06-24-2011 at 04:33 PM.
FlatwellSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #166
mattybell2117

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

God this DLC is confusing and shitty. The regular game and Undead Nightmare are much better and more fun.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap
mattybell2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #167
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Phantom's Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

I managed to get the Poker Ace trophy legit today after getting into a room of six people who actually knew how to play the game properly. It was a really intense game that lasted around 50 minutes. The blinds had been raised to max when there was just two of us left, and we both kept playing a tentative game by checking. Later on, I got a Jack high flush and took a risk and went all in. He called my bet and I won it.

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 07-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #168
Cgamer48

i still need help with legion of boom,kingpin,and pa pa pa poker ace
Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #169
jimkarl

Default rdr

best game ever
jimkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #170
Farshad

I just bought undead nightmare disc , which it uncludes all the other DLCs, since there is no sunsmith on Undead, how can i buy the explosive rifle? and i dont see its challenge on single player journal
Farshad is offline   Reply With Quote