New Title Update + Liars & Cheats Trophies and Exclusive Achievements for Xbox 360

aleFH

Title Update 1.04 Available for PS3 and Xbox 360

http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/reddeadredemption_marstonwanted_640x360.jpg

A new automatic title update (version 1.04) for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 is now available. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PlayStation Network or Xbox LIVE.

This new title update will add the location markers for all the new Free Roam content that is part of the upcoming Liars and Cheats Pack. While the content itself will not be accessible until the release of the Liars and Cheats Pack this Tuesday, September 21st - in the meantime, you'll be able to see it greyed out on your map to mark the spots of where all the new Gang Hideouts, Hunting Grounds, Poker, Liars Dice and other new action will be going down come next week.

Additionally, this update addresses the following issues:

• Added Posse Scoring & Leaderboards in Free Roam.
  • Added Southpaw control support.
  • Fixed an issue that made it impossible to disarm some enemies in Nosalida.
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't be harmed if he got knocked down.
  • Fixed an issue where Stranger mission states were not loading appropriately on a soft-reset or boot up.
  • Fixed an issue with the mission 'The Wronged Woman', where players would fail the mission if they did not loot Harold's corpse.
  • Fixed issues with incorrect button references in Help text for Region 3 setups.

If you are experiencing any other problems, please visit our official support site, or send us an email at RDRSupport@rockstargames.com. Additionally, you can reach our support team on Twitter at twitter.com/rockstarsupport.

The New Achievements/Trophies of RDR Liars & Cheats Pack

http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/landc_achievements.jpg

The Liars and Cheats Pack massively expands the Red Dead Redemption Free Roam multiplayer experience with a huge array of new highly-requested content, including Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice, Multiplayer Horse Races, the devastatingly destructive new Explosive Rifle, new Gang Hideouts and Hunting Grounds, plus the new Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer mode. All these new modes and features are also integrated into a brand new set of in-game accomplishments to earn, either as Achievements for your Xbox 360 Gamerscore or Trophies for your virtual PlayStation 3 display case.

FROM GLUE TO MON DIEUX!

During a Grand Prix, finish a race in first after placing last in the previous race.

GOOD CALL

In a single Multiplayer Liar's Dice game, successfully make a spot-on call.

IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

In a Multiplayer Poker game, win a hand on the last card when you were losing prior.

LEGION OF BOOM

Get a triple kill while on the attacking team in Stronghold.

MASTER EXPLODER

Complete the Explosive Rifle Single Player Challenge.

ONE DIE TO RULE THEM ALL

In a Multiplayer Liar's Dice game, win with only one die left.

PA-PA-PA-POKER ACE

In a full Multiplayer Poker game, beat the table when blinds are at maximum.

PUT THE POSSE ON THE PEDESTAL

Attain over 50,000 posse points in a single Free Roam session.

TRIPLE CROWN

Get first place In all Races In a Grand Prix In the Races playlist.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

While on defense, do not allow the attacking team to capture any of their objectives.

http://www.rockstargames.com/rockstar/local_data/US/img/news/landc_xboxachievements.jpg

5 BONUS ACHIEVEMENTS (XBOX 360 ONLY)

In addition to the 10 in-game accomplishments listed above, there will be 5 additional Achievements for Xbox 360 (please note that PlayStation 3 Trophies are capped at a maximum of 10 for Downloadable Content releases):

Successfully complete either round of a Stronghold map without dying.

COMPULSIVE LIAR

In a full Multiplayer Liar's Dice game, win without losing a single die.

OVER 9001

Attain over 9,001 points in a single Free Roam session.

PEACEWALKER

Finish a single race without getting shot or killed, and without shooting a bullet.

THE BIG BLUFF

In a Multiplayer Poker game, win a hand by forcing someone with a better hand to fold.

[SOURCE]

Did Sony really enforce those rules on R* or did R* use it as a excuse to make the xbots feel special? I thought they was buddies too... Whatever its only bothersome since I haven't heard of this happening before if this becomes a trend I be pissed! Exclusive content is one thing but exclusive achievements now? :(

Edited by o0o0o

"...(please note that PlayStation 3 Trophies are capped at a maximum of 10 for Downloadable Content releases)..."

Rockstar disagrees with you...Maybe Uncharted is a exception because it's published by Sony...

"...(please note that PlayStation 3 Trophies are capped at a maximum of 10 for Downloadable Content releases)..."

Rockstar disagrees with you...Maybe Uncharted is a exception because it's published by Sony...

Those two statements directly contradict one another so I feel like the Uncharted point is still a valid one. I read the little disclaimer about the cap and it still makes zero sense unless its a newer policy.

Those two statements directly contradict one another so I feel like the Uncharted point is still a valid one. I read the little disclaimer about the cap and it still makes zero sense unless its a newer policy.

If R* really wanted they could have got us these trophies! They have great history with Sony if they asked its hard to imagine Sony saying NO just like that so my guess is they forgot to bring this up with Sony soon enough they both have schedules to keep up with after all...

Plus someone at marketing probably said it will help boost sells on 360 I mean they're dealing with halo fiends high off that reach really the only thing that pulls them away is new trophies for other games since most are achievement junkies!

Meh i dont care about more trophies, after all im not buying the DLC for trophies! Dont see how a virtual icon that does absolutely nothing adds any content to the pack! Online poker is boring as hell! With no real money involved there is no pressure!

Edited by CoolDust

i'm probably wrong but maybe the cap isn't necessarily 10 trophies but the value of the total number of trophies or a cap depending on the price/value of the dlc pack.

mafia ii dlc has 10 trophies, 8 bronze & 2 silver

both uncharted dlc packs have 12 trophies, 11 bronze & 1 silver

marvel ultimate alliance 2 dlc has 10 trophies, 7 bronze & 3 silver

mirror's edge dlc only has 6 trophies, 3 bronze, 2 silver & 1 gold

I just checked the source it didn't say 10 was the limit it said

In addition to the 10 in-game accomplishments listed above, there will be 5 additional Achievements for Xbox 360 (please note that PlayStation 3 Trophies are capped at a 200 point maximum for Downloadable Content releases):

The system goes Bronze=15, Silver=30, Gold=90, Platinum=180

With 7 bronze and 3 silver thats 195 points but if they made the 3 silvers into bronze they could fit more.

Edited by deltabrain

I just checked the source it didn't say 10 was the limit it said

In addition to the 10 in-game accomplishments listed above, there will be 5 additional Achievements for Xbox 360 (please note that PlayStation 3 Trophies are capped at a 200 point maximum for Downloadable Content releases):

The system goes Bronze=15, Silver=30, Gold=90, Platinum=180

With 7 bronze and 3 silver thats 195 points but if they made the 3 silvers into bronze they could fit more.

Yep, it does say that. Either R* changed their article after TC copied it, or TC changed it on his own for some reason... But that explains it. Even if they went all Bronze, they could only fit 13/15 of those into the DLC.

Guess that's one of the benefits you get to being able to give almost any value you want to an achievement on the 360. Sure, sometimes you get crap like in Avatar, but other times you get bonus unlockables the other guys don't get.