Trick for getting Delved too Deeply with no effort.

iamcloud

I found this in the comments for Delved to Greedily on the Xboxachievments website.

I take no credit for this but it does work.

Link to site.

Delved too greedily... Achievement - LEGO Lord of the Rings | XboxAchievements.com

Comment #21 by Notoriousgab1

Monday, February 04, 2013 @ 08:53:26 PM

So i figured out a interesting cheat if go to helms deep level on free play destroy everything on that first level remember to activate all your multipliers, then destroy the silver gate destroy everything on that side, carnival area, you should have around 800,000 studs as you exit (2) gold and (1) blue stud should attract to you. If you go back to the carnival area and quickly come back the same three studs come regenerate. I went back and fourth for ten minutes and got the remaining studs i needed to complete this achievement. I got a rubber band pulling back the analog stick and left the room when i came back i had what i needed. Beats playing all the levels three times. Remember to save. Good luck guys. I LOVE LEGO GAMES CANT WAIT FOR MARVEL SUPERHEROES. 100%

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

There's a better way to do it that actually does require NO EXTRA EFFORT.

Just use the x2 multiplier cheat (it's in the guide) and enable it the entire way through your story playthrough. If you smash a lot of stuff, you should have somewhere around 3 million studs when you finish the story. Make sure you get the Mithril Squeak Sword design in the mission "The Secret Stair" since you can do that in story mode.

After that, play the bonus level and you'll get another million.

Go buy the Berserker character for 200k.

Now, you start your free play run, but do it in such a way that you get the other multipliers first, starting with 6x (since you'll already have enough to buy it). So, it goes like this:

- Play Battle of Pelennor Fields, then go buy x6

- Play Track Hobbits, then go buy x4

- Play The Paths of the Dead, then go buy x8

It's possible that you may have to play one more level or do some other stuff before having enough to buy x8, but if so, just knock out another level in free play. Once you get x8, getting enough money to buy x10 is an afterthought, and you'll already have that design.

Now you've got all of the multipliers for the majority of your free play run, and you can start tackling the missions that give you the other designs you need for the rest of free play (see the guide).

This is how I did it and I hit 10 million after finishing the last level in free play, before I even started my overworld collecting.

Edited by ONUOsFan

• 7 months later...

I ended up not having to grind this at all. After partly doing what ONUOsfan suggested above about mid-way through freeplay, once I had collected my last minikit in the last freeplay level, Mount Doom, instead of getting a shower of blue studs during the end-level screens I got a shower of purple studs which boosted me from 6.7 billion studs to 10.5 billion with all the multipliers active.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bounced back and forth between Minas Tirith (Where you end up after every freeplay level) and Bree. Minas has a statue right behind you, hitting that will get you a decent amount. Bree can give you a lot as there are three easily accessible purple studs. I did that in between freeplay levels.

The sooner you get the multipliers, the less effort you'll need to do. I had just reached 10 billion about 10 minutes before earning platinum with minimal effort.

• 6 months later...
There's a better way to do it that actually does require NO EXTRA EFFORT.

Just use the x2 multiplier cheat (it's in the guide) and enable it the entire way through your story playthrough. If you smash a lot of stuff, you should have somewhere around 3 million studs when you finish the story. Make sure you get the Mithril Squeak Sword design in the mission "The Secret Stair" since you can do that in story mode.

After that, play the bonus level and you'll get another million.

Go buy the Berserker character for 200k.

Now, you start your free play run, but do it in such a way that you get the other multipliers first, starting with 6x (since you'll already have enough to buy it). So, it goes like this:

- Play Battle of Pelennor Fields, then go buy x6

- Play Track Hobbits, then go buy x4

- Play The Paths of the Dead, then go buy x8

It's possible that you may have to play one more level or do some other stuff before having enough to buy x8, but if so, just knock out another level in free play. Once you get x8, getting enough money to buy x10 is an afterthought, and you'll already have that design.

Now you've got all of the multipliers for the majority of your free play run, and you can start tackling the missions that give you the other designs you need for the rest of free play (see the guide).

This is how I did it and I hit 10 million after finishing the last level in free play, before I even started my overworld collecting.

exactly...

playing all the story mode with X2 and then the bonus level is enough to buy X4.

Then, just got to the free play level where are the mithril project needed for the remaining red brick, and you can buy them without grinding.

Playing the other free play levels will give you more than enough for the trophy, with X3840 multiplier.

I started roaming in middle earth for 100% with about 12 billions

I agree with skizzo. I don't really see the need for excessive stud grinding. I didn't even use cheats to get the multipliers early, I found and bought them all legit. I needed to do only very minimal grinding, and that was more to afford the multipliers than to get the 10 billion. If you have the multipliers, as these methods assume, you will easily get 10 billion just by playing normally with them activated. By the time I got the plat I had well over 10 billion studs.