LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Questions on collectables

I'm really confused on these collectables, I understand the characters and all that in the story, but main places in the story like the shire, bree, etc. I'm confused on all the offerings people give you. They'll tell you to find something or give them something, but no matter how much I look around I never can find the stuff they want! Do you have to get those in the story too? Call me a noob, but I'm just beyond confused, I've read the guide and everything and it still doesn't click. Can someone please help me understand this better?

I'm really confused on these collectables, I understand the characters and all that in the story, but main places in the story like the shire, bree, etc. I'm confused on all the offerings people give you. They'll tell you to find something or give them something, but no matter how much I look around I never can find the stuff they want! Do you have to get those in the story too? Call me a noob, but I'm just beyond confused, I've read the guide and everything and it still doesn't click. Can someone please help me understand this better?

A lot of characters are looking for treasure items in the hub worlds, and give you red bricks in exchange for these. However, the items they are looking for are never in the same level as that character. You'll find a few during your Story Mode playthrough, but will get most when you replay each level in Free Mode. Once you have the treasures a character is looking for, just travel back to that hub world and deliver them for your prize.

The collectibles guide is super helpful for finding hard to find treasures on your Free Mode runthrough :)