LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Free Play mode vs. Super Free Play mode?

There an actual difference? I'll do into Free Play mode and I'll need two specific characters, in this case Gandalf and Merry. I'll pick one or the other going into the Free Play and sure as shit I need Aragorn and he's not in my selectable party.

A hint pops up suggesting I go into Super Free Play mode. Is this something I need to unlock?

What they call super free play is the little logo at the right of the selected characters list you have by default with you when you are playing a level in free play (at the bottom of the screen when you are changing your character in game). By a touch screen on it you'll be able to select any other character you want at any moment. :)

• 6 months later...

I have downloaded this from PS+ so I dont have the user guide.

Is there a way to save the characters of your group for the next adventure.When I play an adventure on free play mode, sometimes important characters are missing (Gandalf, Legolas, ..) in the group. While I'm playing I can chang theme, but when I play the next adventure I had to do this again. Is ther a way to save a group of your own and always play with it?