Worth it?

Avkar

Should I obtain Lego Rock Band?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should I obtain Lego Rock Band?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah I'm a Rock Band fan, I've got Rock Band 1 and Beatles: Rock Band. I want to get RB 2, but I've ended up getting other things in the past 6-8 months, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, and Red Dead Redemption. I'm leaning towards getting it.

That's cool. You will probably like this game too then. Some of the songs aren't very good, but overall it's not bad. I would buy the export key for Rock Band 1 (5 bucks on the ps store) and if you have alot of dlc that's good too. Otherwise you will get REAL sick of playing the same songs over and over. I can see why you've put off RB2 for those other excellent titles!

Easy Trophies? YES

Easy Platinum? HELL NO!!

Seeing the videos on YouTube, I tought that FC Final Countdown solo on Expert would be a lot easier than it actually is.

Since I became a trophy-addicted I avoid playing games that I can't platinum, to keep my trophy card pretty. But I was totally fooled into thinking that LRB would be easy...

Now I have ANOTHER game that I will probably never get the (P). Bummer...

It's still a lot of fun if you like RB2, and you can export all of the songs for RB2. So I think it's still worth it.

is it worth $20 bucks? probably. is it worth $10 definitely yes! :D plus u can export all songs to your rb song list although that will cost another $10 bucks. something i realized after i brought the game is that u will need to have your own full band instruments to get the platinum since theres no online mode for this game. i dont have a bass guitar (2nd guitar) so hoping i can use the future hybrid rb3 guitar for those two trophies

edit: or u can get a friend (with a guitar controller) to come over to your house and help u with the full band trophies (2)

Edited by Holi-chan

I've been considering picking up LEGO Rock Band myself. I love Rock Band 2, and I have quite the collection going...

I'd like to hear some opinion on the actual game, not the trophies or the price.

Avkar, have you had a chance to play through some songs yet?

The game is disappointing. There are many gigs, but few songs, so you'll be playing the same songs over and over and over again. Moreover, the song charts leave much to be desired. Nothing is difficult, but many songs are annoying as hell ("Kung Fu FIghting" is my personal hatred).

The in-game graphics are cute, but you don't really notice anything other than the highway in these games. All in all, it was a disappointment for $40, but might satisfy at $20 (its current price here).

I've been considering picking up LEGO Rock Band myself. I love Rock Band 2, and I have quite the collection going...

I'd like to hear some opinion on the actual game, not the trophies or the price.

Avkar, have you had a chance to play through some songs yet?

I was able to sit down and play for about 10 minutes yesterday, getting through two songs. I thought it was fun, but until I really sit down and play with some friends for a couple of hours I won't really know.

Since I became a trophy-addicted I avoid playing games that I can't platinum, to keep my trophy card pretty. But I was totally fooled into thinking that LRB would be easy...

Now I have ANOTHER game that I will probably never get the (P). Bummer...

It's still a lot of fun if you like RB2, and you can export all of the songs for RB2. So I think it's still worth it.

Buying games based on easy platinums means you'll miss out on a slew of excellent games, e.g. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, wipEout HD.

• 2 months later...

Not really worth it at full retail value (currently at $30), but right now Amazon's got it at $15, which is a pretty good deal. I'm personally a huge fan of music games, especially Rock Band 2, and so far LRB has been fun. It's different, which is a good thing, even though it's got kind of a strange songlist.

And yeah, you can export everything to RB/RB2 (and I assume RB3 when it's out later this month) if you buy a new copy and pay another $10 - kind of a rip when you think about it, but eh... you can tell yourself, "At least I didn't buy this when it FIRST came out."

• 10 months later...

I know this thread's been dead, but I just have to put in my two cents on it lol

As a game, I have to agree, there are too many gigs for the amount of songs ON DISC.

the concept is neat, being a lover of actual Lego it kinda fused two things that I consider a hobby. To be completely honest, I only bought this game for one purpose and one purpose only... for The Final Countdown! I never knew it was on the game until I looked at the songlist recently (I must've only looked at the songlist when it was still partially done). So in a way, I guess I'm saying I would've paid $20 for it if it was a single for DLC =P

imo the trophies are ridiculously easy, I've been using the "fan trick" just to get the story mode over and done with (it would've been a major grind if you played it seriously, this way, you're just listening to music basically, and having Family Friendly DLC helps this A LOT) I haven't gotten around to the one for Final Countdown, but it seems fairly straight-forward (I personally love the RB engine for HOPOs, so I guess I'm just lucky that way lol)