Yawn

Who wants to bet this has the exact same gameplay as all the lego Star Wars games, lego Indiana Jones, Lego Harry Potter and Lego Batman? Am I the only one to notice this is the exact same shit but with different textures, colors and scenery? All I see is nothing but praise for the game yet no one says the obvious.

When will Lego make something original again like their original Lego Island (1999 version).

Edited by Lord Tony

Your TT LEGO hate is everywhere xD It's rather amusing.

The basic gameplay is obviously the same, but they have added something new in each game so far. You might try Google to see if you're alone in your opinion, by the way. It's one way to find out you're not special and the only one to notice these facts you're posting about ;)

To answer the questions, though:

1. Yes, I bet it will be quite similiar to all the previous LEGO games. You are indeed correct.

2. Well, Lego doesn't make any of them, so never?

Your TT LEGO hate is everywhere xD It's rather amusing.

The basic gameplay is obviously the same, but they have added something new in each game so far. You might try Google to see if you're alone in your opinion, by the way. It's one way to find out you're not special and the only one to notice these facts you're posting about ;)

To answer the questions, though:

1. Yes, I bet it will be quite similiar to all the previous LEGO games. You are indeed correct.

2. Well, Lego doesn't make any of them, so never?

I am pretty sure Lego has some control over the games that are being made. Taking the exact same game and adding a few new features doesn't take away from the fact it's the same shit with what one or two new features?

Geez it's called add ons or "call of duty" they could at least try to change up the gameplay a bit.

Edited by Lord Tony

No-one cares.

Stop complaining, it's a video game, not a tax. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

And these games are meant for children as well. If you want to play them, then that's fine. But you can't complain that they aren't innovative, because the game's target market audience doesn't care about innovation.

No-one cares.

Stop complaining, it's a video game, not a tax. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

And these games are meant for children as well. If you want to play them, then that's fine. But you can't complain that they aren't innovative, because the game's target market audience doesn't care about innovation.

So I shouldn't complain about B- grade games that are basically a scam marketed to children because you can get shit loads of money off children. So they purposely make EACH ONE SIMILAR because it is cheaper to make and children will buy it anyways. Am I about right? So there is obviously no need to complain at all?

I have the right to complain and this argument "You don't have to buy it if you don't want to" is completely irrelevant.

because the game's target market audience doesn't care about innovation.

You know that is completely false I am sure their target audience would love some innovation, I sure did at that age. If they didn't like innovation then they surely wouldn't like Lego Universe, although I hate that too but that's a different story.

Edited by Lord Tony

you think this is the same gameplay you would know what same gameplay means if you ever played Call of duty but yeah the form of every lego game is the same well everything's crafted out of lego obviously :D it's not the same type of gameplay or storyline since everytime it takes on something new in the franchise like lego star wars or lego harry potter for example following loosly from there counterpart storyline in each game your not doing the same thing since there are different puzzles and levels to keep you entertained the characters change but sure the collectibles always stay the same but that's no problem lego's charm and funniness i feel has worn off however as i got older

Edited by MrPS3Infinity

you think this is the same gameplay you would know what same gameplay means if you ever played Call of duty but yeah the form of every lego game is the same well everything's crafted out of lego obviously :D it's not the same type of gameplay or storyline since everytime it takes on something new in the franchise like lego star wars or lego harry potter for example following loosly from there counterpart storyline in each game your not doing the same thing since there are different puzzles and levels to keep you entertained the characters change but sure the collectibles always stay the same but that's no problem lego's charm and funniness i feel has worn off however as i got older

No the gameplay is still obviously the same. The difference is the levels and the puzzles however it's still the same. Take call of Duty for example, change some weapons and maps and it's still the same shit. Also as for the "story" it does follow loosely based off the movie it is about. So obviously the "story" wouldn't be the same as the other "stories" from the previous games but how the "stories" are written with their cheap gags and cheap art direction then yes that is also the same.

Let me sum up the gameplay. Collect round brick studs to unlock things with. Destroy objects for round brick studs. Move things around. Hack and slash everything. Lame puzzles that vary from pressure plates or stacking. Almost everyone does the same thing and or has the same animation. Lame cutscene that loosely follows the movie with some cheap lego gag.

Trust me you play one of these games then you play them all.

Edited by Lord Tony

Dude if you're looking for an argument (which you clearly are), stop being such a dick about your own opinion.

Yet again, no-one cares what you think. Saying that children's games aren't innovative enough for you does not make you mature, it makes you exactly the opposite; an arsehole.

If your philosophy for this pointless debate is "everything apart from this one game 10 years ago sucks, why don't these children's games have top of line innovative new gameplay", then you're not going to get anywhere.

Dude if you're looking for an argument (which you clearly are), stop being such a dick about your own opinion.

Yet again, no-one cares what you think. Saying that children's games aren't innovative enough for you does not make you mature, it makes you exactly the opposite; an arsehole.

If your philosophy for this pointless debate is "everything apart from this one game 10 years ago sucks, why don't these children's games have top of line innovative new gameplay", then you're not going to get anywhere.

First of all I am not the one with the attitude.

I am not saying all children's games are not innovative. I am saying these particular lego games are just the exact same shit on the inside with a different look at the outside.

By the way you obviously care what I think since your posts show you are clearly upset because I am bashing a game that plays exactly the same as the previous lego games.

• 2 weeks later...
they could at least try to change up the gameplay a bit.

Why screw up a good thing? People like the gameplay, and they play for the application of this style onto classic movies. Frankly, many players can't get enough of the exact same thing.

Is it really necessary to be constantly evolving gameplay? Frankly, does gameplay ever really change? Face it - all video games are the following:

You're the yellow dot

Collect the green dots

Shoot the red dots

Protect the blue dots

Have I missed anything?

Why screw up a good thing? People like the gameplay, and they play for the application of this style onto classic movies. Frankly, many players can't get enough of the exact same thing.

Is it really necessary to be constantly evolving gameplay? Frankly, does gameplay ever really change? Face it - all video games are the following:

You're the yellow dot

Collect the green dots

Shoot the red dots

Protect the blue dots

Have I missed anything?

Gotta get the purple dots too!

anyway, I like the lego games, they're fast and easy(hence my plat in both indy and harry potter). If you're an experienced player, just remember they're not made for you. they're made to make kids say "I want it!" and parents that will buy them again and again and again.

If anyone finds any fun in these type of games then they aren't a big enough gamer.

:facepalm: Don't bash on people because they like games that are simply FUN. I enjoyed LEGO Harry Potter because I enjoy the Harry Potter series itself. I'm sure I will like LEGO Pirates as well because I enjoyed the movies. Does that make me "not a big enough gamer?" Fuck no, I still like other games that are more complicated and such. I don't give a shit if the controls are the same, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Look at any FPS, they all have the same relative control scheme. I don't think you can come in and tell people that they aren't a "big enough gamer" just because they enjoy a game that you don't. /rant over

Edited by TKrames

Having read through all of this topic, your argument/opinion is massively flawed. By you saying that all Lego games are the same, then what you are also saying is that all CoD, Fallout, Final Fantasy (and other rpg's), Street Fighter (and any other beat 'em up for that matter), Grand Theft Auto (etc etc) are all the same.

So by that rationale are there really any big gamers?

I for one enjoy the Lego series of games as i enjoy the films and the fun factor involved. The platinums, whilst easier than most games, require some level of skill and grinding to achieve - and I challenge anyone to plat a Lego game in 24 hours! Alongside Lego games, I also play Fallout, Dragon Age, Red Dead (I could go on) - does the fact that I like a Lego platformer every now and then make me small gamer now? Rant over/

Having read through all of this topic, your argument/opinion is massively flawed. By you saying that all Lego games are the same, then what you are also saying is that all CoD, Fallout, Final Fantasy (and other rpg's), Street Fighter (and any other beat 'em up for that matter), Grand Theft Auto (etc etc) are all the same.

So by that rationale are there really any big gamers?

I for one enjoy the Lego series of games as i enjoy the films and the fun factor involved. The platinums, whilst easier than most games, require some level of skill and grinding to achieve - and I challenge anyone to plat a Lego game in 24 hours! Alongside Lego games, I also play Fallout, Dragon Age, Red Dead (I could go on) - does the fact that I like a Lego platformer every now and then make me small gamer now? Rant over/

CoD is all the same. Fallout 3 and new vegas is still the same as well. Final Fantasy is still basically the same as the others. However all this is irrelevant. These shitty lego games are all the same and that's not exactly a good thing.

CoD is all the same. Fallout 3 and new vegas is still the same as well. Final Fantasy is still basically the same as the others. However all this is irrelevant. These shitty lego games are all the same and that's not exactly a good thing.

Surely if CoD being the same is good for CoD fans, and Final Fantasy being the same is good for FF fans then Lego games having the same basic principle is good for Lego fans??

I really don't see what your problem is, if you don't like the Lego series......DON'T PLAY THEM, but don't complain about them as the Lego games have fans from all age ranges.

Out of interest what games do you play? I wonder if we can liken them to any other games, or if you've played any "sequels"??!

Surely if CoD being the same is good for CoD fans, and Final Fantasy being the same is good for FF fans then Lego games having the same basic principle is good for Lego fans??

I really don't see what your problem is, if you don't like the Lego series......DON'T PLAY THEM, but don't complain about them as the Lego games have fans from all age ranges.

Out of interest what games do you play? I wonder if we can liken them to any other games, or if you've played any "sequels"??!

Once again as I said this whole point with CoD is irrevelant. The games are just over rated, they would buy anything and enjoy it if it had the name "call of duty" slapped on the cover. Same goes with Final Fantasy as well.

These shitty lego games are no different. Once you grow up you will realize they aren't fun and it's the same game with the same gameplay each time you play them. The only difference is the theme behind each one. That's just the point I am trying to make.

Edited by Lord Tony