LEGO Jurassic World ~ Paddock and Miscellaneous Character Guide

You'll have access to the paddocks fairly early on in the game (15 and 30 challenge bricks will unlock the medium and large paddocks, respectively), but I highly suggest not bothering with them until you've mopped up all the collectibles in the story/free play levels. There's nothing in the paddocks that is helpful with story mode or free play, and it will save time to already have access to all the dinosaurs (from amber brick collecting) you'll need. Not all dinosaurs will be available in both paddocks, and some things will only spawn by using certain dinosaurs; I've made notes of these where possible.

Before entering the paddocks, make two custom dinosaurs:

* Compsognathus with I-Rex head and spiny tail.

* Spinosaurus with Ankylosaurus tail and Dilophosaurus head.

To make things easier, make these your default dinosaurs in the paddocks unless you're forced to change them. These were my defaults and seemed to trigger the breed-specific events in each paddock. You can only use the Compsognathus custom in the medium paddock and the Spinosaurus custom in the large paddock.

MEDIUM PADDOCK – 3 Minikits and 7 Characters

For the sake of clarification, we'll break the paddock up into the “main area” and the “back area” (accessible via camouflage).

Main Area

Minikit 1 – Use the Pachycephalosaurus (or other ramming dinosaur) to charge the panel to the right of the exit pad. Kill the nine guards who emerge from both nearby doors.

Dennis Nedry – On the left side of the beginning area is a Dilophosaurus item to break. It lets you access the Nedry shooting gallery (there's a trophy for this). After you finish it, the token will wash up nearby.

Cooper – In the starting area of the main area, use the Compsognathus and a guy will pop out of the bushes. Kill him.

Minikit 2 – Throughout the main area are 3 amber rocks. Use a dinosaur with a roar attack to break them open. (The custom Compsognathus can do this).

ACU Trooper (Female) – On the right of the main area is a raptor bar with a pteranodon sitting on it. Use a raptor on it and the pteranodon will fly off with a woman, dropping the token.

Vic Hoskins – On the right of the main area is a dino smash point. Use it and a guy will run from the building and stand above a raptor bar (not the one the pteranodon is sitting on). Use a raptor on the bar to bring him down, and kill him.

Ray Arnold – Behind the smash point listed above is a set of black pipes. Use the Dilophosaurus to melt the pipes, which will get him to leave the building. Kill him.

Back Area

Minikit 3 – In the back of the paddock, break open three rocks.

Peter Ludlow – If you break the rocks mentioned above with the custom Compsognathus, he should run out of the nearby bushes. Kill him.

Dieter Stark – Run around the back area as the Compsognathus. He'll run into a portapotty in the back of the area. Break it open, then follow him into a nearby vent and kill him.

LARGE PADDOCK - 3 Minikits and 8 Characters

For the sake of clarification, we'll have the “left area”, “center area” and “right area”.

Left Area

Donald Gennaro – When you knock down the pillar to open the left area, a guy will run into a nearby portapotty. Pull it open and kill him.

Robert Burke – In the back of the left area is a boulder stack with an amber boulder in it. Roar to break up the pillar and send the guy running out. Kill him.

Carter – Under the ground smash plate in the left area. I used the Apatosaurus to get him to spawn; I'm not sure if this is a breed-specific one.

Center Area

Juanito Rostagno – Left of the starting point is an amber rock in the middle of some other rocks. Roar to break it and spawn the guy. Kill him.

Enrique Cardoso – At the bottom of the area is a boat. Use your custom Spinosaurus (which has Dilophosaurus spit) to break it open and kill him.

Nash – Right of the starting point is a crashed plane in a tree. Pull the plane down and use your custom Spinosaurus to send him from the plane. Kill him.

Minikit 1 – Destroy the plane from above once you've pulled it from the tree.

Right Area

Jurassic World Worker – When you enter the right area, a worker will run under a truck. Destroy it and kill him. I think it's the I-Rex DNA that makes this guy spawn and not just walking into the area after you've used camouflage to open it up.

Simon Masrani – On the right of the area is a crashed helicopter in the wall. Shoot it down with your custom Spinosaurus' Dilophosaurus spit, then pull it apart and kill the guy.

All Areas

Minikit 2 – There are four ground smash plates in the paddock. Two are in the center area, and one on each side area.

Minikit 3 – There are three small green breakable generators, one in each area.

Edited by themindisacity
Editorial Sweep

MISCELLANEOUS CHARACTER UNLOCKS

This is more of a checklist to make sure you're set for the 100% completion trophy. These characters unlock for finishing various challenges in each story level. None of them are particularly helpful.

Jurassic Park

Dig Site Volunteer – Get True Survivor in The Dig Site

Cheryl Logan – Get the Amber Brick in The Dig Site

Jurassic Park Driver – Get Fossil B in Triceratops Recovery

Timmy Murphy – Get Fossil B in T-Rex Enclosure

Henry Wu – Get the Minikit in T-Rex Enclosure

Dennis Nedry (raincoat) – Get Fossil A in T-Rex Enclosure

Lex Murphy – Get True Survivor In Kitchen Escape

Steven Spielberg – Get True Survivor in The Main Hall

The Lost World

Dierdre Bowman – Get Fossil A in Finding Sarah

Cathy Bowman – Get Fossil B in Finding Sarah

Carlos – Get Fossil A in Mobile Lab

Ajay Sidhu – Get Fossil A in The Long Grass

InGen Hunter – Get Fossil B in The Long Grass

Cellie Degler – Get Minikit in San Diego Streets

Mark Degler – Get Fossil A in San Diego Streets

Charlie Degler – Get Fossil B in San Diego Streets

InGen Mechanic – Get Fossil B in The Compound

Jurassic Park III

Ben Hildebrand – Get Fossil A at The Crash Site

Jurassic World

Claire Dearing (Lab) – Get Fossil A in Raptor Research Area

Lowrey – Get Minikit in Raptor Pig Hunt

Hamada – Get Fossil A in Indominus Paddock

Pilot Pat – Get Fossil B in Indominus Escape

Vivian – Get Fossil A in Main Street

Jurassic World Vet – Get Minikit in Main Street

Jurassic World Ranger – Get True Survivor in The Alpha

Henry Wu (Jurassic World) – Get Fossil B in The Alpha

ACU Trooper (Male) – Get True Survivor in Raptor Pursuit

The custom dinosaur in large paddock I cant get to do anything in the large paddock.

he roars on the boat and it does nothing

EDIT

its ok. I needed to spit. Plat earned

The customization can be a bit wonky, because you're using one button to perform two different actions.

Congratulations on your shiny new Plat!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tip about how to make the custom dinos! :)

I didn't use the rest of the guide as I like to play lego games without cheating, but having the perfect dinosaurs made it really easy!

I also fooled around and made like 5 other dinos just because I felt like it :p including a black and red T-rex with a Stegosaurus Body and tail! Looked so epic!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...