Some old lady made fun of me for liking this game.

So I was at work and this old couple game in to buy some games for their grandkids for christmas. They asked for the new Lego Harry Potter which comes out tomorrow. I said it wasn't out yet and that I knew because I was eagerly awaiting it since I loved the first one. They gave me a blank stare and said "We're buying this for little kids".

:o_O:

• 3 months later...

I hate pretentious old people. One time I was sitting on a bench reading Slaughterhouse 5 when some old lady came by and said, "Hrmph Slaughterhouse 5?". She rolled her eyes and looked at me like I was beyond incompetent. Maybe next time I'll find a book with Fabio on the cover.

*rant over*

Sorry about that first part. Honestly, there are many who think it's weird that adults play video games in general. Maybe that's it. I'm only 27, but I've been given weird looks for saying I love playing my PS3. Don't let them get to you.

• 2 months later...

I personally am 26 and I love the LEGO games, I played Star Wars: TCS, Indy 1, and Batman on my 360. So it was only a matter of time before I started to get into the PS3 LEGO games, just got both HP 1-4 and 5-7 for a combined $20 today and cannot wait to get into these. Next will be Indy 2 and Pirates

who cares what someone else that you dont really know thinks.

the lego games are fun as hell to play and thats all that matters.

everyone talks about them always glitching and screwing up but ive yet to really have them glitch on me. ive played all the LSW (havent played the new one yet) and lego batman and they never glitched on me once.

LPOTC froze on me like twice and that was it.

should of gotten WWE12 from gamefly today (its #1 in my Q and "available now") but for some reason gamefly sent me LHP:Y1-4 instead even though it was #3 in my game Q. hell i should of got *madden 11 before i got LHP as its #2 in my Q and "available now" as well.

*looking to have a plat for each of the main 4 sports (america wise).

i already have the plats for mlb 12 the show, nba live 10 and nhl 2k10.

• 3 months later...

dont worry about old people. they just dont understand our love for gaming. heck even my parents cant understand why i would want to play my ps3 and why i 'waste' money buying games for it. but i love my ps3 and ive been into the lego games since i first played lego:batman on my ps2. im currently playing lego:harry potter yrs1-4 and after that ill probaby play harry potter yrs5-7 or pirates of the carribean. these games are so good.

• 1 month later...

i have no qualms whatsoever buying games like this, bought both 1-4 and 5-7 tonight for £10 each from ASDA, the young lass on the counter asked why i was buying them over Fifa 13, had a bit chat about my anger management issues and how Fifa 12 ended up in the back garden and how i would prefer a calm relaxing game for a few £'s then a game where ill invariably end up sectioned, doesn't bother me in the slightest, she was quite fit and i had her laughing a bit so in short i have absolutely no embarrassment in buying a Lego game, in fact its an excellent chat up line...doesnt work sadly:(

I remember when I was first introduced to Lego Star Wars many moons ago, the person who was getting all excited was they atypical office geek (I mean the title fondly!) he had every platform going and was heavily into Mac's, you know the type.

Anyway I remember thinking .... a grown man playing Lego Star Wars??? I then saw it and though wow that does look fun, bought it for the PS2 and have never looked back. They have a charm all of their own and I LOVE them!!! :o

I am very proud of my Lego Game collection, long may they continue!!

Sal

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...