Difficult compared to other Lego Titles

Lego Harry Potter

Platinum Difficulty 5/10

Lego Harry Potter is definitely a fun game. Its funny, creative, entertaining, and well developed. That being said, this episode of Lego video games takes the collection trophies to a rocket science level. I've played other Lego games before and platinumed Lego Pirates, but for some reason I found the collection trophies in this game much more difficult and time consuming. No matter how long I played I could never remember the layout of Hogwarts. Such a confusing area. Just some tips if you find yourself stuck on particular things.

1. If you find yourself .1% away from 100% you are probably missing the purchase of a red brick. This happened to me. I had collected all 20 of them, however forgot to purchase one.

2. Don't forget to play the voldemort level to compelete the game.

3. To get the dark magic abilitiy quickest do the Basalisk level, with griphook. You can use him to unlock Tom Riddle who has the dark magic ability.

Hope these tips help. If you have any questions or are stuck feel free to send me a tell. :wizard:

5 of 10??

Compared to the other lego games or??

The game itself wasn't hard at all... Anyone I know would be able to complete it with ease. The big difference is a not so good player would probably spend 10 hours more than someone who are good at games like this. The game is either a strong 1 or a weak 2 in my book! :p

5 of 10??

Compared to the other lego games or??

The game itself wasn't hard at all... Anyone I know would be able to complete it with ease. The big difference is a not so good player would probably spend 10 hours more than someone who are good at games like this. The game is either a strong 1 or a weak 2 in my book! :p

As it says in the title "difficult compared to other lego games" I rated it a 5. I felt that Lego Pirates was easier maybe 3/10, and currently omw to platinum with LEGO SWIII which seems similar to Pirates in the ease department. Felt that Lego HP was more difficult with the collections, and Hogwarts IMO was a bitch to navigate. :mad:

Lego Harry Potter 5-7 comes out in November soon and I will be getting that for sure. :dance:

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

As it says in the title "difficult compared to other lego games" I rated it a 5. I felt that Lego Pirates was easier maybe 3/10, and currently omw to platinum with LEGO SWIII which seems similar to Pirates in the ease department. Felt that Lego HP was more difficult with the collections, and Hogwarts IMO was a bitch to navigate. :mad:

Lego Harry Potter 5-7 comes out in November soon and I will be getting that for sure. :dance:

Yeah I will be getting 5-7 as well, but not on release! Too pricey, and I can wait! xD

This can be done solo or in co-op.

Even though the 3.0 patch fixed most of the problems, there are still some bugs that can hit and playing co-op can still glitch the odd the trophy.

Thanks, I have pre-ordered Years 5-7. And may consider buying Years 1-4.

Those walkthru videos, did you create them all? The game looks cool, they added more to it then the movies looks like.

Thanks, I have pre-ordered Years 5-7. And may consider buying Years 1-4.

Those walkthru videos, did you create them all? The game looks cool, they added more to it then the movies looks like.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting gamefly if you want to purchase Lego Harry Potter 1-4. They are having a sale on them and its 7.88 dollars right now. I just got Dead Space 2 w/ extraction for 7.42. They have other Lego titles as well, great savings if your a collection type of gamer!

I would HIGHLY recommend getting gamefly if you want to purchase Lego Harry Potter 1-4. They are having a sale on them and its 7.88 dollars right now. I just got Dead Space 2 w/ extraction for 7.42. They have other Lego titles as well, great savings if your a collection type of gamer!

I got it a few days ago from local gamestop, it was $17+tax,

I searched on gamefly, did not see the sale price :confused: only showed $15 there as well. Maybe if you have membership the sale prices show up, or this could be the used price and not sale?

Having a blast with the game, never thought Lego games would be this fun, mind you since I recently saw all the movies it made me more interested in playing the game.

Edited by ecto69

I got it a few days ago from local gamestop, it was $17+tax,

I searched on gamefly, did not see the sale price :confused: only showed $15 there as well. Maybe if you have membership the sale prices show up, or this could be the used price and not sale?

Having a blast with the game, never thought Lego games would be this fun, mind you since I recently saw all the movies it made me more interested in playing the game.

yah the price I think was with my 10% off, after being a member for 6 months and it was the used game price. :( Loved Lego Harry Potter though. The collection trophies can be a bit rough though. Students in Peril was HARD lol. GOOD LUCK! ;)

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the major struggle with this game is the navigation through Hogwarts. It's very odd to have different puzzles and secrets hidden in all of these crazy rooms and not as a central part of the story. It also makes it take longer to achieve completion.

However, I've been watching my boyfriend play LEGO Lord of the Rings over the last week, and it is going to be MUCH harder. There is no central hub like every other LEGO game (Diagon Alley in HP), and instead it's filled with a bizzare amount of quests, maps, and one final hall after each movie. I am NOT looking forward to navigating this insanity....

Anyways, overall, I agree with the 5/10 difficulty rating. Lord of the Rings looks like it's going to be 6 minimum.

• 2 months later...
I think the major struggle with this game is the navigation through Hogwarts. It's very odd to have different puzzles and secrets hidden in all of these crazy rooms and not as a central part of the story. It also makes it take longer to achieve completion.

However, I've been watching my boyfriend play LEGO Lord of the Rings over the last week, and it is going to be MUCH harder. There is no central hub like every other LEGO game (Diagon Alley in HP), and instead it's filled with a bizzare amount of quests, maps, and one final hall after each movie. I am NOT looking forward to navigating this insanity....

Anyways, overall, I agree with the 5/10 difficulty rating. Lord of the Rings looks like it's going to be 6 minimum.

I actually enjoyed Lego LotR very much. It was a little overwhelming at first, as they all really are, but once you got into the groove of it it was much easier. I put that one, SW Complete and Batman 2 as my top Lego games. The Indy games and Pirates sucked. Batman was okay, as well as these two Potter games, but I was hesitant to play Potter since I have no interest in it.

At first I found the Hogwarts navigation a little confusing until I found a map on Gamefaqs which made it a TON easier. For both games (thanks RadiantViper!). Then what I did when I completed the story is I went "room to room" and got everything and didn't move on until that section was completed. Gamefaqs also has complete collectibles lists so I just checked off from there.

I was intimidated by both Potter games at first since my brother-in-law said it was confusing and took a long time to even get to the story levels, so they both sat on my shelf for years. I played through 1-4 and it really only took me about 28-30 hours total. The story was the worst (especially the first two years) and took so long because you had to do the lessons in between the stories. 5-7 was even longer for the story, but I did the same thing by going room to room and using a checklist for the collectibles. I now just have free play to do in 5-7 then I'm done.

I use the same formula with all the Lego games; do story first, collect whatever I can but don't worry about it. Then I replay a level or two to get specific characters I need to get all the other collectibles (in this case, a dark magic user and a key character). Then I do the hub first and get everything (to take a break from the levels themselves) and then replay the levels. I'm going to do Lego Marvel the same way.

And to point out, I had no glitches/freezes in 1-4 and with just the free play left in 5-7, I've also had no glitches/freezes. *crosses fingers*

Edited by bLaKgRaVy