LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

The Cutscenes are horrible

Yea the cutscenes arent great, but the actual game plays and feels good. But i cant believe they didnt build this for the vita, which is ashame since the system is so gorgeous.

Oh well, its bought, and its fun...lookin forward to working on the plat.

My first lego game and a bit disappointed. When I first looked up the game news, most sites were describing this game as an open world. Ign, gamespot were both giving false advertising. So not worth 39.99.

I can't say for Gamespot, but IGN was referencing the PS3 version of this game which is in fact open world. There was virtually no talk about the Vita version on IGN other than the fact that it was coming to Vita. That being said, I have the Vita version and it's good so far but the cutscenes are terrible and inexcusable in my opinion. It's fun to actually play as I really like the variety they've added to the combat but I am only about an hour in so my final thoughts may change once I put more time into.

I honestly blame Nintendo and their consoles for the lazy Vita port. According to WB, the Vita (but rather "handhelds", to go by direct word") isn't capable of running open world and all that what not. Hell they even said they left out a console level because handhelds can't handle it.

I think the Vita would be fine, but rather the DS (yes, the original DS) and the 3DS can't properly run the shit. I mean really, the Vita is on good level with the PS3, so I don't see why the Vita can't do it. Lazy ports, aside...

Cutscenes really are horrible. I'm only about 20-30 minutes in and I've skipped every single one. Which is weird for me because I usually like watching cutscenes and getting the whole story. At least the trophies are easy.

Maybe they need to be shown Gta Vice City Stories for psp, and tell them.:

" See that, see??? It's a Gta which is much more complex than your game, running

open world on a handheld that is not 20% as powerful as a Vita ".

Lazy developers are lazy, that's why there was never any other footage than actual Xbox and ps3 gameplay.

Cutscenes really are horrible. I'm only about 20-30 minutes in and I've skipped every single one. Which is weird for me because I usually like watching cutscenes and getting the whole story. At least the trophies are easy.

Yeah its like i said the game is barely one gig big way too small

these cards can hold at least 4gb.

I'm afraid this could be the start of a vicious circle:

Game companies make lazy ports leading to low sales

Low sales make game companies think Vita is not worth it

This in turn leads to less games for Vita and those that do come out are of lesser quality due to cost cutting

here's my 2 penny's worth.

yes the Cutscenes are 3ds ones and lack polish but the game is still quite good and no better or worse than any version before it.

yes open world would have been great,but thats life shit happens.

they took the cheap route and bitching about it aint going to help the vita in anyway.

what will help it are people buying the bloody thing and its games.

and petty nit picking like this is giving those wankers another excuse to post negative crap dissing the vita.(mainly americans on gamefaqs and 3ds fanboys)

think about it would you spend all that money to make a vita version the same as the ps3 when the user base is that low?

of course you wouldn't.......end of the day they want cash for as little effort as possible when their return prediction set that low.

AND YES IT'S INSULTING TO THE PS VITA CONSIDERING IT'S POTENTIAL POWER.

Edited by johnnyhotrocks

I just read 50+ comments of people on the PS Blog hating on the Vita version which is why consumers and companys probably don't want to support the Vita, totally agreed with some of the comments above. Having said that I still plan on getting this version over the next month or two, price drop or not, I love DC and would probably go through some pain just to enjoy those characters.

I just read 50+ comments of people on the PS Blog hating on the Vita version which is why consumers and companys probably don't want to support the Vita, totally agreed with some of the comments above. Having said that I still plan on getting this version over the next month or two, price drop or not, I love DC and would probably go through some pain just to enjoy those characters.

no pain mate at all unless you hurt yourself:dance:

the game is good if you like the lego series you will like this.

i have both ps3 and vita and its the free roaming city thats the only major differnce on the ps3 and the vita has 5 extra missions over the ps3.

and thats no biggie either.

if people just bought the vita rather than bitch about its price (funny how many dont mind paying higher for an apple product) its a great machine at a decent price considering what you get.............THEN MAYBE DEVELOPERS WOULD TRY HARDER.

anyway sure isn't the nintendo 3ds so much better so why all the bitching when we got a carbon copy of it's lego games on the vita.:rolleyes:

Edited by johnnyhotrocks

no pain mate at all unless you hurt yourself:dance:

the game is good if you like the lego series you will like this.

i have both ps3 and vita and its the free roaming city thats the only major differnce on the ps3 and the vita has 5 extra missions over the ps3.

and thats no biggie either.

if people just bought the vita rather than bitch about its price (funny how many dont mind paying higher for an apple product) its a great machine at a decent price considering what you get.............THEN MAYBE DEVELOPERS WOULD TRY HARDER.

That about apple is so true and i dont mind that it isnt open world just that the cutscenes are so inferior

Edited by bizarro10111

I think thats what pisses me off the most is that why did they HAVE to skimp on the vita version? It just adds fuel to peoples stupid fires about the system, when its not the systems fault at all.

Overall, im enjoying it. I could buy it for the PS3 but hey...i bought my vita, i been loving it, im just gonna ride it out.

I mean dont get me wrong, theres no excuses for how they basically ported this from the 3DS. But ya know...its legos, its not like were watching a grammy story unfold.

But, i understand the issues because i have them as well.

AT LEAST the game play is decent and looks good enough for me. But yea, totally unexcusable how they put zero effort into this game for the system

To be fair exclusives like Resistance have had really awful video quality too. While not awful quality you can also see a drop-off in games like Gravity Rush when it goes to the videos. Reminds me of PC gaming TBH. Video cutscenes always look like shit to me on PC. Seems Vita is better used for in game cutscenes.

That being said yes this is another lazy WB game just like Harry Potter and MK. It is clear they are not even trying with Vita. Graphically this is at least the best of the three and is a better game than Harry Potter at least.