NBA 2K12: Legends Showcase - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

TheDoc87

http://i.imgur.com/GdsB0ul.png

If you have found this guide to be useful and are thinking of joining this forum as a result, please give me a referral upon signing up. Click Me! To Register

Overview

Estimate difficulty: 2/10

Offline: 9 (8 (B) 1 (S))

Approximate time: 4-5 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge (14 games), 1 3-on-3 Challenge (11 games), 2 H-O-R-S-E games, 1 Pick-Up game, and 1 game of 21.

Glitched trophies: None.

Cheats disable trophies: N/A

Difficulty affect trophies: N/A

*DLC costs 9.99 from the :psn: store*

Trophy Breakdown: 8(B) 1(S)

Introduction

NBA2K12 Legends Showcase DLC takes place in Ney York City's time square. Here you will get play with a variety of NBA legends from the from the 1960's to current players. Take over Time Square in the unique single player modes where you can play with Michal Jordan and Scottie Pippen or other great NBA duo's to take on the NBA's best duos in the Teammate Challenge, or play with Bill Russell, Jerry West, and Oscar Robertson to take on the NBA's best threesomes from each era. This DLC also includes everyone's favorite playground games of H-O-R-S-E, and 21. Following the roadmap and guide below will help you earn all nine trophies on NBA2K12's Legends Showcase DLC.

Roadmap

Step 1:

From the main menu of the Legends Showcase, select 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge. Here you will select a legendary NBA duo such as Larry Bird and Kevin McHale of the Boston Celtics to take on a multitude of the NBA's best duo's. You will want to win every duo matchup to unlock Ultimate Teammates along with one time holding your opponents scoreless to unlock Pitching a Shutout.

Step 2:

From the main menu of the Legends Showcase, select 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Here you will take on the NBA's best threesomes from each era. You will want to use one of the 1960's era teams to win the Era Challenge to unlock Old School, and one game score all your points from behind the 3 point line to unlock Bombs Away.

Step 3:

From the main menu of the Legends Showcase, select Pick Up game. Create a 1-on-1 Pick Up between your MyPlayer and Michael Jordan. Beat Michael Jordan in a game of 21 to unlock G.O.A.T.

Step 4:

From the main menu of the Legends Showcase, select H-O-R-S-E. Here you will play at most two games of H-O-R-S-E. In one game, make a 2 ball shot and a shot off the tall building to unlock Two Balls are Better Than One and High Riser. In another game, win a game of H-O-R-S-E against 3 opponents without getting a letter to unlock Trick Shot Master.

Step 5:

From the main menu of the Legends Showcase, select a game of 21. Play a game of 21 against 3 opponents and win the game by not allowing the other 3 opponents to score to unlock Blackjack.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/59.jpgPitching a Shutout (B)

Win any 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge game without giving up a point.

See Ultimate Teammates

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/60.jpgBombs Away (B)

Win any 3-on-3 Era Challenge game while scoring all your points from beyond the arc.

See Old School

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/54.jpgHigh Riser (B)

Make a shot from the top of the tall building in H-O-R-S-E.

Start a H-O-R-S-E match. When it's your turn to create a shot for everyone to recreate, then walk right towards the white 2K van and make a left into the crowd between the stoplight and BBVA security barrier. When you make the left into the crowd, you will be taken to the top a building (if you are standing, then you're on the right building) Scroll through the shot options to select "Up on the Roof." Hit :square: to start your shot. Hold :l2: and hold :square: again to start the meter, and you NEED to get within the meter. When you are within the meter, release :square:, and you should make the shot. This can take many tries to get the correct the release of your shot. Trophy unlocks after you make the shot

Here are two videos showing you how to get to the top of the tall building, and how to make the shot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wie2mKYgzhA&feature=related]NBA 2k12 Archievment High Riser - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuBIh1t4vgo&feature=related]NBA 2K12 - Roof Shot in H.O.R.S.E. - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/55.jpgTrick Shot Master (B)

Win a H-O-R-S-E game against 3 CPU opponents without getting a letter.

Start a 4 person H-O-R-S-E match. You will want to be Michael Jordan. Have the 3 CPU players be Shawn Bradley, Gheorghe Mureşan, and Mark Eaton who all are near the bottom of the Legends Centers. Do NOT use players other than centers as smaller players are tougher to defeat. Before you start the match hit :triangle: to change the options for the game, and then hit :circle: to save the options.

Difficulty-Rookie

Number of Letters- 5 H-O-R-S-E

On Shot Made- All Other Players Attempt

Called Bank Shots- On

Called Swishes- On

Walk right under the basket and use the "Reach Shot" as it is the only shot you can use under the basket and thanks to ATCS from our sister site xbox360achievements.org for this great tip. Hit :square: to start your shot. Hold :l2: and hold :square: again to start the meter, and you NEED to get within the meter. When you are within the meter, release :square:, and you should make the shot. Now the 3 CPU players will attempt the same shot. Most of the time the CPU players will miss the shot. This is easy to do as you will never miss and eventually all 3 CPU players will get H-O-R-S-E and you will win the game without ever getting a letter. If you do get a letter, then quit and start the game again. Trophy unlocks after the game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/56.jpgTwo Balls are Better Than One (B)

Make a 2 ball shot in H-O-R-S-E.

Start a game of H-O-R-S-E, and it does NOT matter who you pick as your opponents. Before you start the match hit :triangle: to change the options for the game, and then hit :circle: to save the options.

Difficulty-Rookie

Number of Letters- 5 H-O-R-S-E

On Shot Made- All Other Players Attempt

Called Bank Shots- On

Called Swishes- On

Walk to the 3-point line and scroll through the shot options to select "One in Each Hand." Then Hit :square: to start your shot. Hold :l2: and hold :square: again to start the meter, and you NEED to get within the meter. When you are within the meter, release :square:, and now you will repeat the process again for the second ball. You should make both shots. Might take a couple of tries, but trophy unlocks after you make a 2 ball shot in H-O-R-S-E.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/57.jpgBlackjack (B)

Win a Game of 21 against 3 CPU opponents without letting anyone else score.

Start a game of 21. Play as either Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Select the 3 opponents to be the three worst point guards from either the Legends or NBA. Before you start the match hit :triangle: to change the options for the game, and then hit :circle: to save the options.

Difficulty-Rookie

Clear Ball After Miss- Yes

Number of Free Throws after Basket- 0

Need to get 21 Exactly- No

The trophy description says against 3 CPU opponents, but you can assign extra controllers to the other players and the trophy will still unlock. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are great to use for their ability to get the basket and score. Just continue to drive the basket every time you have the ball. If an opponent scores, then quit and start the game again. May take a few tires if you don't have four controllers as a CPU player will once in a while steal a rebound or steal the ball from you. Trophy unlocks after the game.

If you are good at free throws and credit to redsoxaddict13, then change Number of Free Throws after Basket to unlimited. When the game begins just shoot for the ball and make it, make your first shot, and go to the line and sink your free throws until you hit 21.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/58.jpgG.O.A.T. (B)

Use your My Player and beat Michael Jordan in a 1-on-1 pickup game with default settings.

Start a Pick Up game from the Legends Showcase main menu and make it a 1-on-1 match. Use :square: to load your MyPlayer, and then select Michael Jordan as your opponent. If you have a second controller, then use your second controller to control Michal Jordan. If you don't have a second controller, then play tight defense on Michael Jordan, and score every time you have the ball as even on Rookie Michael Jordan is tough to beat. Score 21 points to beat Michael Jordan, and the trophy unlocks after the match.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/53.jpgOld School (B)

Use one of the 1960s 3-on-3 Era Challenge teams and beat the mode.

Use the 1960-2 team of Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry West. This team is better to use due to Russell's rebounding and shot defense along with West's and Robertson's ability to score. Before you start the match hit :triangle: to change the options for the game, and then hit :circle: to save the options.

Difficulty-Rookie

Fouls- Off

Win by 2- Yes

Using the two-controller method as mentioned in Ultimate Teammates you should have no problems winning the 3-on-3 Era Challenge. With Jerry West, shoot 3 point shots as soon as the other team passes you the ball. If you miss, have the other team quickly put up a shot without clearing as you will get the ball back. In one Era Challenge game, score ALL your points from behind the 3-point line to unlock Bombs Away, and the trophy appears after the game. After you win the challenge, the trophy unlocks at the main menu of the Legends Showcase.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/52.jpgUltimate Teammates (S)

Beat the Teammate Challenge without losing a game.

Before starting the Teammate Challenge (if you have an extra controller), use the method below to get an extra controller to control the opposing teams in each challenge mode.

Thanks to BladeMDP from our sister site xbox360achievements.org for finding this great way to beat the Teammate Challenge and Era Challenge modes.

• Obviously have both controllers turned on. Set up a 1 on 1 match, assign the 2nd controller to your opponent.
  • Once the match starts, immediately quit out of it.
  • Start whatever teammate challenge you need, when the first game starts the 2nd controller will be working on the other team.
  • CAUTION: You HAVE to play the whole challenge in one play through, if you quit out of it and resume it at a later time, you won't get the 2nd controller working on the other team. Also, the second controller MAY quit out halfway through the challenge though it won't always quit.

Use the team of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale of the Boston Celtics. This team is best to use due to Bird's ability to shoot and McHale's ability to defend and rebound. Before you start the match hit :triangle: to change the options for the game, and then hit :circle: to save the options.

Difficulty-Rookie

Fouls- Off

Win by 2- Yes

Using the method above, you will be able to win every Teammate Challenge with ease as with Larry Bird, shoot 3 point shots as soon as the other team passes you the ball. If you miss, have the other team quickly put up a shot without clearing as you will get the ball back. In one Teammate Challenge game, do NOT allow the opposing team to score to unlock Pitching a Shutout, and the trophy appears after the game. After you win the challenge, the trophy unlocks at the main menu of the Legends Showcase.

If you do not have a second controller, then Karlsen has a great for playing the teammate challenge mode.

As for Ultimate Teammates you can actually quit from any game at any point, and resume it again, and the trophy will still unlock if you don't lose a game. When you see that the game is lost (the score is like 10-8, and the other is going to score), just pause and quit before they win, and resume it again. This way you will never lose a game, and the trophy will still unlock.
Edited by TheDoc87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Trophy guide looks awesome man! But I have a question: Is this is a DLC add-on so you must have the disc to play? Or is it a stand alone DLC (like NBA 2K10 Draft Combine) where you can play this without the NBA 2K12 disc?

Thanks! :)

But yes, you do need the disc to play the dlc.

One thing I would add has to do with the Blackjack trophy. I actually just got this one after a couple frustrating attempts. I changed my rules to include unlimited free throws. Just shoot for ball, make it, make your first shot, and go to the line and sink your free throws until you hit 21. Much faster, much easier. Just wanted to pass the word along. :)

One thing I would add has to do with the Blackjack trophy. I actually just got this one after a couple frustrating attempts. I changed my rules to include unlimited free throws. Just shoot for ball, make it, make your first shot, and go to the line and sink your free throws until you hit 21. Much faster, much easier. Just wanted to pass the word along. :)

Its a good a tip so thank you. Though I believe one would have to be a good free-throw shooter as one miss and wham CPU has ball.

Yes I did this, just pick Jordan he can make them free throws all day long. Great guide btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great guide, although I think the difficulty is a little low, I mean for those that don't have a second controler, some trophies like "Pitching A Shutout" is a pain to get, all the players are legends, the opposing team will eventually score one point...

As for "Ultimate Teammates" you can actually quit from any game at any point, and resume it again, and the trophy will still pop up if you don't lose a game... I mean, for those who don't have a second controler, when you see that the game is lost (the score is like 10-8, and the other is going to score), just pause and quit before they win, and resume it again....this way you will never lose a game, and the trophy still pops up....

as for "Pitching A Shutout", I can't find any way to get it...

Great guide, although I think the difficulty is a little low, I mean for those that don't have a second controler, some trophies like "Pitching A Shutout" is a pain to get, all the players are legends, the opposing team will eventually score one point...

As for "Ultimate Teammates" you can actually quit from any game at any point, and resume it again, and the trophy will still pop up if you don't lose a game... I mean, for those who don't have a second controler, when you see that the game is lost (the score is like 10-8, and the other is going to score), just pause and quit before they win, and resume it again....this way you will never lose a game, and the trophy still pops up....

as for "Pitching A Shutout", I can't find any way to get it...

Good tip for those who are single players and I'll add it later when im on my desktop.

For shutout doing single player becomes a luck based trophy as the AI can always find a cheap way to score. Only advice I can say is play tight defense and have a solid big to guard the rim as I struggled with it too till the two controller tip.