Red Dead Redemption: Legends & Killers DLC - Trophy Guide

GODCHILD1020

HZsfdhj.png 

Credit to Vuule for the banner.

67.jpg  Axe Master (B)

Complete all Tomahawk challenges in Single Player.

This is just like an ambient challenge. It can be viewed in your Journal. Go into your Journal in the Start screen and then click on Challenges. There are 5 levels for the Tomahawk Challenge and you can start them by buying the Tomahawk from Manzanita Post.

1. Buy the Tomahawk from Manzanita Post.

Tomahawks cost $30 dollars for 1 but $600 dollars for 20.

2. Kill one enemy with the Tomahawk used as a throwing weapon, one as a melee weapon and one from horseback.

This doesn't have to be in any order.

Throwing Weapon: Take the Tomahawk out and throw it at anyone to complete this part of the challenge.

Melee Weapon: Stand right next someone to kill that person to complete this part of the challenge.

From Horseback: While on a horse throw the Tomahawk at someone to complete the challenge all together.

3. Kill a flying bird with a Tomahawk without using Deadeye.

Go to Hanging Rock, which is north of Armadillo. Go on top of any of the mountains in that area and wait for a bird to get close and then make your move, a few throws, but you will kill a bird sooner or later. It is easier to kill a flying bird during the daytime.

Note: After you have cleared a hideout you can just take out your Tomahawk and hit a vulture with it, if you learned their predictable flight pattern (thanks to mjc0961 for this tip). Try the Twin Rocks gang hideout. There aren't too many enemies there so just take 3 minutes to clean them out, then a flock of vultures start circling in the air. From there you just have climb to the roof of the house in the middle and then it will be easier to tomahawk one of the vultures because of their easy to predict flight pattern.

4. Kill 5 enemies in a row without missing with the Tomahawk.

Try this at Solomon's Folly. The enemies are out in the open and there is more cover. Restock on Tomahawks if you are low. Solomon's Folly has exactly 5 enemies to kill at the hideout so it should be no problem.

5. Complete a gang hideout using only the Tomahawk.

If you started Challenge 4 at Solomon's Folly and finished it, complete the hideout with only using the Tomahawk to finish Challenge 5. If you miss while trying to kill an enemy while driving the wagon, it's okay but don't use any other weapons.

Due to the 1.04 patch, you may have trouble earning this rank right after earning Rank 4 while completing Solomon's Folly. You just have to complete Solomon's Folly a second time for the trophy to pop up. Thanks to Frejim for info.

ALL trophies can be earned in Private Mode/Match.

60.jpg  Call it a Comeback! (B)

Come back from a 2-0 deficit and win a Hold Your Own game.

Use the Trophy Boosting Thread: LINK. You need at least two people including yourself to get this trophy. What you need to do is let the other player get your bag 2 times in their chest and after they get 2 bags and you are still at zero, you can go ahead and win it by getting three of their bags, after the match ends you will be rewarded with the trophy.

61.jpg  Who needs Deadeye? (B)

Kill 3 or more players in a standoff or showdown.

Use the Trophy Boosting Thread: LINK. You need at least four people including yourself to get this trophy. Start a match with at least 4 people, whether it be a Free For All or a gang match, and kill 3 people. While in the standoff, kill 3 other members before the standoff ends.

62.jpg  Stick and Move (B)

Get 3 kills with knives or throwing knives in a single competitive match.

Using the standard melee knife will take a few swipes to kill someone. You don't have to do this back-to-back as long as its in one match. Gang matches are the perfect place to get throwing knives and the melee knife is also a good choice when you can't find a throwing knife.

63.jpg  Double bagger (B)

Double capture 3 times in a single Gold Rush map.

Use the Trophy Boosting Thread: LINK. You need at least three people including yourself to get this trophy. What you need to do it collect 2 bags of Gold while playing Gold Rush (Free For All) and drop it in the case 3 times. After you do it three times, the trophy should unlock. Just make sure you grab 2 bags before dropping them in the chest.

64.jpg  Headhunter (B)

Kill 5 players via headshot in a single Shootout or Gang Shootout.

This trophy can be done on the same player over and over. This trophy has be in a Shootout or a Gang Shootout match. Just aim for the head and it will unlock after your fifth headshot kill. It doesn't have to be right after each other, just has to be in a single competitive shootout match.

65.jpg  Legendary (S)

Reach level 50 and pass into Legend.

This trophy is retroactive so if you already reached level 50 and passed into legend, you will still be able to get it. As soon as you buy the DLC and pop in the game and head in to an online free roam the trophy will pop. If you want this trophy but don't like the thought of having to work your way back up to level 50, backup your save, pass into Legend, then copy your save back. Thanks to Yazter for this tip.

66.jpg  Hail Mary (B)

Get a kill greater than 35 yards with a Tomahawk.

This is a stressful trophy to obtain. There are many locations to get this trophy so it's best going for this trophy with someone you have on your friends list and not just any random person. This can be done on any player. Below are four easy locations to try to get the trophy at:

1.Start off at MacFarlane's Ranch and head down to where the horses are and have one player stand in the middle while you throw the Tomahawk at him/her until the trophy pops. Keep in mind you have 10 Tomahawks so don't waste them.

2. You can head to Tensoro Azul and aim for the NPC that hangs out outside the door of the hideout. Make sure you are a good distance away.

3. Just outside Blackwater. Throw it at an NPC and you should be able to obtain it that way too. Credit to J3R3MY5 for this tip.

Thanks to RoosterTeeth for the video:

68.jpg  Original Gunslinger (B)

Get 25 Deadeye kills with Red.

When you first go online, press :start:, go to Multiplayer and then Outfitters. There will be a section that says Characters => Red Dead Revolver => and Red Harlow will be the first person. Press :cross: and it will save. Return to Free Roam and look for some Deadeye while playing a Competitive Free For All match or Free Roam, then just kill 25 players using Deadeye.

Note: NPCs do not count, thus you have to kill real players while playing an online Free For All/Free Roam. The kills are cumulative so you can take as long as you need. It doesn't matter what maps you are on, it just matters what character you use to get the kills with this weapon.

Alternate method:

Credit to Blaze Naruto Shippuden for this:

Blaze Naruto Shippuden said:
Here is how I did it. From Chuparosa, go to the bridge area north above Perdido and you should find at least three different Deadeye boxes in this area.

The person going for this trophy should have a Buffalo Rifle. When you use the deadeye with it and lock onto someone's body or head. This gun will automatically shoot since it's a one shot rifle. If the other booster doesn't have this rifle. The person who is level 50 can give it to them by equipping it and then dying.

Do not kill the person with the deadeye but let them get the trophy then you can switch.

69.jpg  Reeeeal Good (B)

Get 25 Dynamite kills with Pig Josh.

When you first go online, press :start:, go to Multiplayer and then Outfitters. There will be a section that says Characters => Red Dead Revolver => Pig Josh is the fifth from the right. This is similar to Original Gunslinger, only with Dynamite instead of Deadeye so look for the White Ammo Creates while playing online to restock your supply.

Alternate method:

Credit to Blaze Naruto Shippuden for this:

Blaze Naruto Shippuden said:
Kill the person you're boosting with, then hold the dynamite and you will blow up. It beats looking for an ammo box refill.
Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 24/05/2017.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CALL IT A COMEBACK! can be done with 2 people

This is a boosting guide:

Boostable Achievements - Xbox360Achievements.org

This shows that all trophies can be gotten 1v1, only two require more.

Yea i did it with 4 people so i didn't know. Changed to 2 people.

Anymore things i have to change?

3. Kill A flying bird with a tomahawk without using Deadeye

Go to The Hanging Rock it is north of north of Armadillo, climb to the top of the Mountain and kill a flying bird, easier during the day. Making sure you dont use Deadeye.

What I did since I was in Armadillo anyway was I just went to the Twin Rocks gang hideout. There aren't too many enemies there, so just take 3 minutes to clean them out and bam, flock of vulture start circling. From there I just climbed to the roof of the house in the middle and was easy able to tomahawk one of the vultures because of their easy to predict flight pattern.

What I did since I was in Armadillo anyway was I just went to the Twin Rocks gang hideout. There aren't too many enemies there, so just take 3 minutes to clean them out and bam, flock of vulture start circling. From there I just climbed to the roof of the house in the middle and was easy able to tomahawk one of the vultures because of their easy to predict flight pattern.

Thanks MJC, i slightly quoted you, changed a few words, let me know what i need to change. That is way easier to get , then the way i did it.

Well that's probably alright for everything but Solomon's Folly since you go back to Armadillo and thus no vultures... I don't remember the others too well though, but Twin Rocks is definitely a good spot as it's short and you can get higher (I tried on ground level first, it was much harder to hit them from down there).

The only thing I would really change though is this part: "From there you just have climbed to the roof" it sounds weird now. :p

Anyway thanks for the guide and I'm glad I was able to contribute to it. :)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/325/ock.jpgORIGINAL GUNSLINGER

Get 25 Deadeye kills with Red.

When you first reach on online, Press start, Go down to multiplayer and then go to Outfitters, there will be a section that says Characters> Red Dead Revolver> Red Harlow will be the first person. Press :cross: and it will save, return to free roam and look for some Deadeye while playing a Competitive match, As Description says get 25 kills while using dead eye.

Note: Random people do not count, you have to kill Real players while playing an online match. Cumulative kills so you can take as long as you want.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/325/ock.jpgREEEEAL GOOD

Get 25 Dynamite kills with Pig Josh.

When you first reach on online, Press start, Go down to multiplayer and then go to Outfitters, there will be a section that says Characters> Red Dead Revolver> Go 5 to the left and there will be Pig Josh. Same as ORIGINAL GUNSLINGER, just with Dynamite

Note: Random people do not count, you have to kill Real players while playing an online match. Cumulative kills so you can take as long as you want.

Okay I have a question about these two, when you say "random people do not count" does that mean NPCs or live players in Free Roam? Edited by mjc0961

Thanks MJC & everyone else that help to contribute to my first some what completed Guide.

[EDIT]

NPCs dont count

live players count that are in free Roam, Anyone that can join a competitive match with you count towards the 25

Edited by GODCHILD1020

No it doesnt count @MJC, you have to be in That persons skin for it to count.

Gang matches messes it up, Free for all and Free Roam is the only place to get it.

@ dda1996a

Its worth it to me, new skins trophies(A reason to play again) I had fun playing it and i will be playing again tomorrow.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

I have read some of the responses and I have a few pointers to give:

- Like you said, the skin-based trophies have to be an FFA type of match, NOT team-based match (learned it the hardway).

- For the Dynamite kills, Armadillo (the MP map, not the freeroam location) has dynamites inside the Gunsmith store.

- I did "Double bagger" with two other people only. It worked fine.

- For "Legendary," ONLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY RANK 50 AND DO NOT WANT TO PASS ONTO LEGEND: copy the Multiplayer savefile to a USB flashdrive, then go into MP, then go to LAN, and pass to Legend there. The trophy CAN unlock in LAN. Once you get the trophy, quit the game, delete the "Multiplayer" save and copy back the original one from your USB. I did this and I am back at Rank 50, before the first legend.

EDIT: Oh and apart from "Axe Master" and "Legendary" I got ALL the other trophies in PRIVATE online multiplayer.

Edited by DudeInDistress

I have one question, for the trophies that you can boost with another player(s), they need the DLC to help ME to get the trophies? I know that htey can't, but can I boost it with people that doesn't have the DLC?

Thx

Yes you can. I got all my trophies and the two people who helped me didn't have the DLC.

Alright thanks man, I think that's all my questio- No wait I have another: Can I play old maps with the new skin and have it count? Or it is new maps only?

It doesnt matter what maps, as long as its with the right Character.

I have read some of the responses and I have a few pointers to give:

- Like you said, the skin-based trophies have to be an FFA type of match, NOT team-based match (learned it the hardway).

- For the Dynamite kills, Armadillo (the MP map, not the freeroam location) has dynamites inside the Gunsmith store.

- I did "Double bagger" with two other people only. It worked fine.

- For "Legendary," ONLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY RANK 50 AND DO NOT WANT TO PASS ONTO LEGEND: copy the Multiplayer savefile to a USB flashdrive, then go into MP, then go to LAN, and pass to Legend there. The trophy CAN unlock in LAN. Once you get the trophy, quit the game, delete the "Multiplayer" save and copy back the original one from your USB. I did this and I am back at Rank 50, before the first legend.

EDIT: Oh and apart from "Axe Master" and "Legendary" I got ALL the other trophies in PRIVATE online multiplayer.

All trophies can be done in a private match, i did most of mine in public. I will add info to OP, yea i heard someone say that before, i assumed everyone passed into legend at least once.

Yes you can. I got all my trophies and the two people who helped me didn't have the DLC.

The people without the DLC, can they see your Skin or no. Good Info, Thanks

Soo I was wondering for the "Stick and move" has anyone actually seen a throwing knife in the competitive matches? Because i haven't, I guess it has to be with the melee knife.

Good guide Godchild.

I didnt see nor was i looking i just went around cutting people with the knife. When i get home later im going to play the game some more to help people get some of this trophies, so i will search for them at the same time.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Thanks everyone for the help again. I'm glad i could be helpful.

The OP has reach the # of characters cap, so if anything that needs to be added needs to be in a second post.

I just need icons and then i will Ask for a guide member to look at it. I already submitted icons last night.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Nice guide ;) Good job.

Don't know if you want to use this one instead of the older one, it's not perfect or whatever, but fits better.. Anyway, if anyone can make a better one (everyone! :D), go ahead.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/k1ll1ng5pr33/PS3TRDRLegendandKillersTrophyGuideandRoadmap.png

Link: http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/k1ll1ng5pr33/PS3TRDRLegendandKillersTrophyGuideandRoadmap.png* (Without the *)

Edited by Vuule

• Viper changed the title to Red Dead Redemption: Legends & Killers DLC - Trophy Guide