protecting the carriers gold medal ???

Hi

I'm stuck at the mission where you have to protect carriers untill they deliver the little owls safely.

I've trying to finish that frustratingly annoying mission with a gold medal

But no matter how hard I try, one carrier MUST be killed at the last run when u need to protect 2 carriers then they split up and each one get attacked by 3-4 enemies and die.

Is there a trick to clear it without any carrier killed?

Any trick or combo to perform?

Edited by White-Wolf

• 4 months later...

i found an easy way to do this, requires a bit of a patience though.....

remember that you are told that if you stray too far, the group wouldn't move?, well here's what i found.

ambushes are triggered when the carriers reached a certain point on the game.

ambushes comes in group of threes.

you got 3 wing-men which each can kill an enemy easily (except armored ones)

so, here's what i did:

> stay as far away as possible (stay near the old HQ) so that the carriers will move until they stop cause you're too far away.

> move slowly so that a back-flip could get you far far enough from the group.

> each time an enemy group appears, hurry deploy your wing-men to each of the enemy (3 enemy - 3 wing-men) and quickly back-flip and move away so that the group will stop and not trigger the next set of enemies.

> should there be an armored enemy, assign all but one wing-men to non-armored ones, quickly smash the shield using the triangle and immediately press R1, back-flip and move away.

> rinse and repeat until all group are safe..... boring and slow method, but i found this the easier way to finish gold on this mission.

i found an easy way to do this, requires a bit of a patience though.....

remember that you are told that if you stray too far, the group wouldn't move?, well here's what i found.

ambushes are triggered when the carriers reached a certain point on the game.

ambushes comes in group of threes.

you got 3 wing-men which each can kill an enemy easily (except armored ones)

so, here's what i did:

> stay as far away as possible (stay near the old HQ) so that the carriers will move until they stop cause you're too far away.

> move slowly so that a back-flip could get you far far enough from the group.

> each time an enemy group appears, hurry deploy your wing-men to each of the enemy (3 enemy - 3 wing-men) and quickly back-flip and move away so that the group will stop and not trigger the next set of enemies.

> should there be an armored enemy, assign all but one wing-men to non-armored ones, quickly smash the shield using the triangle and immediately press R1, back-flip and move away.

> rinse and repeat until all group are safe..... boring and slow method, but i found this the easier way to finish gold on this mission.

OK THANKS I need only this golded to all are golded I try this TIP with last travel Because I alltimes failed on the last... travel.. :(