mana question

Hogger

so i found flicky. my friend told me how to find 1 and after many hours i found a level 99 def flicky. i did put 3 universal and 3 circuits on it and im planning to fill them half circuits half universal like i readed or been told. but the mana cost is 780 mana. how am i suppose to equip that item. im only 50 hours in the game i think and a level 60 explorer (have al other classes except 1 at level 20) and i gonna change to thief with prudent later but is it smart to use al items with 50 to decrease the mana cost or will i be able to equip that item later and how please. i really like the game but i cant find information anywhere besides the post your progress thread and the solo 200 dungeon thread. i dont wanna discover its impossible to equip it if i keep splitting it (mana cost will stay 780 if i split). please enlighten me

Using the Infinity Circuits lowers the mana cost with each one. You can get the mana cost to 0 with them, just use more Circuits than Universal Principles.

When I was gearing up my Prudent Thief I took a 99 DEF flicky and put Infinity Circuits mixed with ATK Turbos because the frame lacks any real ways to boost ATK. DEF is largely useless in this game, and artificially inflates enemy levels. So stacking it too high is detrimental.

When I finished the game I managed to do it with only 5700 attack power and 11k defense, just from 1 flicky +99 DEF item. You'll need a good bow, and try to find a piece of armor with +dark damage up so you can damage immune enemies as well as add more damage to your bow melee hits (not arrows).

Edited by NovaSD

Using the Infinity Circuits lowers the mana cost with each one. You can get the mana cost to 0 with them, just use more Circuits than Universal Principles.

When I was gearing up my Prudent Thief I took a 99 DEF flicky and put Infinity Circuits mixed with ATK Turbos because the frame lacks any real ways to boost ATK. DEF is largely useless in this game, and artificially inflates enemy levels. So stacking it too high is detrimental.

When I finished the game I managed to do it with only 5700 attack power and 11k defense, just from 1 flicky +99 DEF item. You'll need a good bow, and try to find a piece of armor with +dark damage up so you can damage immune enemies as well as add more damage to your bow melee hits (not arrows).

1. just dark damage? i need to get it up to 99 or is a normal item fine also? (that has dark damage)

2. this might sound noobish but how do i do the melee attack with bow i saw it on vid but i not sure how to do it

3. i actually thought on getting multiply flickys and put them full with stuff but from what i understand (from your reply) only 1 def flicky is neccesary then. just woundering if i needed a flicky bow

4. i dont mind putting flickys full but time is kinda the issue. if it can be done wit just 1 flicky that is awesome (i dont want 300 hours instead of 150)

1. just dark damage? i need to get it up to 99 or is a normal item fine also? (that has dark damage)

2. this might sound noobish but how do i do the melee attack with bow i saw it on vid but i not sure how to do it

3. i actually thought on getting multiply flickys and put them full with stuff but from what i understand (from your reply) only 1 def flicky is neccesary then. just woundering if i needed a flicky bow

4. i dont mind putting flickys full but time is kinda the issue. if it can be done wit just 1 flicky that is awesome (i dont want 300 hours instead of 150)

1. Dark Damage is the only one that isn't resisted by anything, so its the best to use to increase your damage. The more titles under the dark damage up you can get, the better. If you find a piece of Ice/Fire/Light damage up gear that has a ton of titles on it, you can go ahead and use that, they all stack.

2. Just be in point blank range, grounded, and you'll get a double hit, the bow melee attack and the arrow shot. The other way is the jump attack, this will get you a melee hit + the elemental damage bonuses, no arrow will fire, however.

3. If you can find a flicky bow you'd be better off than I ever was. I never managed to get one myself. If you happen to find one just deck it out with Infinite Circuits and Universal Principles, and use the other equipment slots to stack elemental damage. If you can't find one your only other option is to hope that an enemy drops a good one for you in the ran-geons.

4. That's just my experience. I had a decent bow (300% effect) and a 21,000 durability shield. With my stats demon-geon monsters started out at level 1700 and I could comfortably fight my way through level 9000 enemies. As long as the enemies didn't hit 9999 before 200F then I was golden, if they did I tried my best but I never did make it very far with my gear. A lot of it comes down to luck.

Edited by NovaSD