Best character for 100 and 200 solo grinds?

Multitasking

Alright, this gets into the entire thing, you can add created characters to the mix, and everyone else. But who all would be most probable to make it.

Now I have only been up to about 10 on hard-geon and about 25 on normal, but I've already been coming up with an idea of running with Merlize, explorer class, equipped with a bow and preferably 2 widens and a hp bar on the outside.

Benefits to Merlize as this character and not one of the others, her ability to regen health at a constant rate causes any SINGLE round of damage to drop that bar only, and spares equipment durability.

so on to the whole rant

+ Merlize cannot be poisened.

+ hard hitting range if the bow is to the left of both widens.

+ no magic needed

+ health regen

+ durability bonus for thieves skill

+ magic can be used for durability repair

+ no mp use for ranged

Now, we consider the negatives

- On the whole ,Merlize seems to have lower end hp than others.

- Enemies only weak to magic.

- small corridor areas can be tricky, but that applies to all people.

Anyway, just an idea for trying to get that 200 floor grind out, which as far as I can tell just from hitting the darkness gates as of right now, is much more than a sprint to the end. Bosses at floors do require either lots of trickery, or lots of damage.

/rant

I found a video that shows what a level 195-200 dungeon is like, don't watch if you dont like spoilers.

[spoiler=1337][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2vu-G62kzc]「迷宮塔路レガシスタã€ãƒ—ラãƒãƒŠãƒˆãƒ*フィーç²å¾— - YouTube[/ame]

After watching that, 1 health bar would be a death sentence with how hard the enemies hit at that level. I'm still trying to figure out which frame that person is using. I don't think it's a solo run though, but it gives you an idea of what to prepare for.

Yeah, I'm not talking about solely 1 health bar, I'm talking about using a frame that has a health bar > equipment > equipment > .... > health bar

Where with Merlize's regen it would keep refilling that bar even on things like boss fights with no health refills. Then, each single attack depletes that bar first mainly, unless elem.

Just an idea that may work, still got alot of work to do to even begin to test it, but it's my current aim

I made it down to floor 70 in a normal rangeon solo and I already feel like my current setup (2 widens + element guard frame) isn't going to work. Too many instant death hits from enemies.

I'm using a created character that can't be poisoned, which is absolutely vital, along with the HP regen. Definitely the best thing you can pick for a trait.

Edited by NovaSD

I think any character can work, but like most things you need good gear and setup. I'm using a created character, I didn't choose wisely on the traits, so I'm going to need to make a new one, but I have all classes at lv 50 with warrior at 64 with most job properties available to all classes learned and I can solo through floors 45-50 of a hardgeon. But your setup is similar to what works for me and what I was thinking of adding, that extra hp bar as a damage buffer is essential.

EDIT: The War Mage with lightning stab frame has an achilles heel when soloing, traps.

Damn those Potato traps!

I've switched over to a prudent energy frame thief and I don't have to worry about the traps anymore, plus I have range now.

Only problem is I don't have the gear to support it now so I went from 5k attack to 1300, heh.

Edited by NovaSD

I've been playing around with energy frames and I think i've settled on one that is very good for soloing.

War Mage with Lightning Stab frame, no poison and +hp regen trait.

It gives you one health bar at the beginning, and four health bars at the end. Your equipment is well protected. This frame has access to two spells, so you can repair items and heal yourself. Combined with the health regen, this makes for an extremely durable character.

Granted, I'm just in the beginning development stages but this character looks very promising.

Sounds like a nice build to me. I'm going to try that out.

Any idea what frame is the guy from the video you post using? He's using a bow and 7 HP bars! The lighting stab frame only let you use knives and spears.

Edited by Aexuz

Each class get three more Energy Frames for clearing Floor 100 on Normal/Hard/Demon-geons. Only characters that participated will get the Energy Frame, and only for the class they were using.

While the dungeons do go up to 200, you only need to stop at 100. You may not have a choice anyway. You need a Black Key (random enemy drop) to open the Forbidden Door that leads to Floor 101.

Each class get three more Energy Frames for clearing Floor 100 on Normal/Hard/Demon-geons. Only characters that participated will get the Energy Frame, and only for the class they were using.

While the dungeons do go up to 200, you only need to stop at 100. You may not have a choice anyway. You need a Black Key (random enemy drop) to open the Forbidden Door that leads to Floor 101.

You can use the arrow glitch to open any door without a key. You can check it out in the video posted in this thread.

You can use the arrow glitch to open any door without a key. You can check it out in the video posted in this thread.

I know about the glitch XD I just can't get it to work most of the time. I think I've only ever gotten it to work on the sides of doors (which would be the case with the Forbidden Door), and I think I've only done it on "slippery" floors. I know how it works, I just never seem to time it right.

That's kinda assuming you have a bow user though, and that they are alive with a non-broken bow at Floor 100.

I know about the glitch XD I just can't get it to work most of the time. I think I've only ever gotten it to work on the sides of doors (which would be the case with the Forbidden Door), and I think I've only done it on "slippery" floors. I know how it works, I just never seem to time it right.

That's kinda assuming you have a bow user though, and that they are alive with a non-broken bow at Floor 100.

I can't seem to get it to work either. Either need super speed or speed boosted floors.

However I managed to do the 100 floor rangeon solo with my thief. I had the others in party to get more frames, but now i know it can be done, and rather easily with a thief.

The ability to avoid all traps is massive. I'm also using the same frame as the guy in the video (Prudent) so theres big survivability too, as long as you don't get surrounded.

For the glitch If you have the arrow pushing you through the door it works, you should place yourself between the door and the arrow.

If I do it like that it works every time for me, just be sure to have a bow with a very low charge so you can shorten the time you have to wait before moving after shooting your arrow.

Hello, I would like to ask a few questions for final character creation to go solo.

I've created a new character, now have the jobs to 25, more or less, any recommendation to spend the JP?

It excites me too up to 3 characters at once, so for now I want to focus on just one.

Thank you so much for everything.

Hello, I would like to ask a few questions for final character creation to go solo.

I've created a new character, now have the jobs to 25, more or less, any recommendation to spend the JP?

It excites me too up to 3 characters at once, so for now I want to focus on just one.

Thank you so much for everything.

I would like to know this too, No idea on what to spend those JP points. Also It would be nice if someone makes a guide - roadmap for this game. The tittle - sub tittle system is hard to understand and also confusing.

When I was leveling up my classes I only spent my JP on skills that apply to all classes so I can keep bonuses through job changes. My solo build is for a thief so I didn't bother buying skills specific to one class. While the warrior and explorer have nice individual perks they won't help my final build so they'd be a waste of JP for me. I thought the MP bonuses for the mage classes was very important so I gave those high priority.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know about the title system? I have a pretty good handle on it so I should be able to help.

im still new to the game so i dont really understand the character creator. can you change the order of health/ equipment on the top?

The health and equipment are preset depending on what 'frame' you have equipped. Every class has it's own set of frames to choose from. You unlock more as you level up and clear rangeons.

Just for the record, if you're going to use a mage, DON'T pick the poison immune trait. This is because you WANT to be poisoned by the Darkened Heart effect, which reduces all casting costs to 25% of their normal cost, allowing spellcasters to become unholy juggernauts of doom and death.

Also, if you're going to be a mage, do pick the pyro/cryo JP skills that boost MP. They are far more efficient than the ALL versions.

Finally, if you want a tank, consider a Warrior with the Unsinkable Energy Frame. A strong shield can make you nearly untouchable.