This will require multiple playthroughs....

Maaso

I'm one of those guys that like to get the most bang for my buck, so I planned on playing through this add-on with all three jobs to see everything possible.

I read somewhere it was best to take Bethany/Carver and Varric to get the required trophies. But if you want the get the most out of this add-on (i.e. playing for fun and excitement) definitely take Anders down with you, then on a different play though pick up from your main save (act 2 or 3) and go down without Bethany/Carver, and finally go as Mage Hawke with Merrill.

If you take Anders, he will reminisce about his days with the Wardens and make several references to DA:Awakening.

The cut scene after completing Legacy is different depending on if you are on Act 1, 2, or 3.

A few cut scenes are different if you're a mage as opposed to Rouge/Warrior.

There are two different endings to Legacy depending on whom you side with (though I'm sure that was obvious)

There is a special ending - and item - if you have Anders in your party.

Merill is very consoling through out Legacy as you learn more about your father (I think this is because I was playing from a completed game where I romanced her.)

The items/rewards are level-oriented too, so I would recommend doing this in ACT-3 if you are going after the weapons/armour and have already got all the trophies.

Guess I missed out on a lot. I did have my brother with me, but I couldn't take Anders from my post-game save (as a result of my decisions during the game's finale) and I actually switched Merrill out halfway through the Legacy DLC because I was in need of more DPS.

I might play the DLC again from a save from my second playthrough... but I'm not sure, since I did manage to get all the trophies in one go and I felt the final boss of this DLC was quite an annoyance. :)

• 1 year later...