Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Is this game any good?

Hey folks!

Just wondering, is this game any good?

It's a litte stupid that the developers didn't release a demo for it. It would make it so much easier to decide if i should buy it or not.

What do you people who have played this game think?:think:

Thanks!

so far, i like the game, but its not as fun as i thought it would be.

1)the gameplay moves kinda slow - much slower than expected, thats for sure.

2)when you score it makes a pretty awful and lame low sounding horn noise - lame. they could of made this better, the sound is almost depressing, not really something that gets your moral up or gets you pumped up to score again and maybe annoy the other team that, yes the other team just scored AGAIN! haha.. those are great for getting people worked up, and i think can make the game much more intense/engaging.

3)really don't like the lighted area that shows your area of fire, can make it difficult to see, it's like having a permanent glare on your screen

4)don't like the fact that X respawns you and makes you jump, a couple of times i was jumping and then got shot while i was jumping, well, just because i got shot, i wasn't dead (wasn't a direct hit), a team member could have revived me, but because i was taping X, it gave the game the command to go ahead and let me die (instead of having to wait for a team member revive) so i could respawn

3)graphics are good.

4)classes are OK. wish the "traits" were a bit better

5)you can backup your saved data onto a flash drive

well, thats just a quick 2 cents... i'll prob. keep playing some more today, hopefully i'll find some more things that i like. $15 isn't much, but i am getting RDR and today is probably the only day i'll be playing L&G until i get RDR, sooo... $15 for one day, basically

oh - for all of those comparing it to tf2, no, i don't think so, the intensity is definitely not even close to tf2... well, back to L&G

one more thing! the game doesn't boot inactive players, i just got back from lunch and i was still in a game... and there is no way to vote to boot a player out for that sort of thing, so, keep that in mind ;)

EDIT: after playing longer the gameplay doesn't feel as slow, i was using L3 to sprint, and for some reason this only allows you to sprint for a short spurt, holding R2 will allow you to run continuously. now, having played longer, and getting used to the maps, i have to say, i am already pretty bored w/it. :(

Edited by boogiebfla

so far, i like the game, but its not as fun as i thought it would be.

1)the gameplay moves kinda slow - much slower than expected, thats for sure.

2)when you score it makes a pretty awful and lame low sounding horn noise - lame. they could of made this better, the sound is almost depressing, not really something that gets your moral up or gets you pumped up to score again and maybe annoy the other team that, yes the other team just scored AGAIN! haha.. those are great for getting people worked up, and i think can make the game much more intense/engaging.

3)really don't like the lighted area that shows your area of fire, can make it difficult to see, it's like having a permanent glare on your screen

4)don't like the fact that X respawns you and makes you jump, a couple of times i was jumping and then got shot while i was jumping, well, just because i got shot, i wasn't dead (wasn't a direct hit), a team member could have revived me, but because i was taping X, it gave the game the command to go ahead and let me die (instead of having to wait for a team member revive) so i could respawn

3)graphics are good.

4)classes are OK. wish the "traits" were a bit better

5)you can backup your saved data onto a flash drive

well, thats just a quick 2 cents... i'll prob. keep playing some more today, hopefully i'll find some more things that i like. $15 isn't much, but i am getting RDR and today is probably the only day i'll be playing L&G until i get RDR, sooo... $15 for one day, basically

oh - for all of those comparing it to tf2, no, i don't think so, the intensity is definitely not even close to tf2... well, back to L&G

one more thing! the game doesn't boot inactive players, i just got back from lunch and i was still in a game... and there is no way to vote to boot a player out for that sort of thing, so, keep that in mind ;)

EDIT: after playing longer the gameplay doesn't feel as slow, i was using L3 to sprint, and for some reason this only allows you to sprint for a short spurt, holding R2 will allow you to run continuously. now, having played longer, and getting used to the maps, i have to say, i am already pretty bored w/it. :(

#2 sometimes my music completely turns off and all I hear are sound effects.....lol on L3 I wonder why I see ppl walking instead of running, I just figure there R2 is broken :p I still like it... I must to get over 2000 kills and 200,000 EXP in 3 days :) But if your on a team of retards it does suck, alot of ppl don't even really know how to play... they just look at you if your down instead of reviving you and the dumbass campers on certain modes all they do is stay on the roof not even attempt to get gold or defend, just stay right there at the spawn point sniping... stupid teammates will lose you matches fast. The no boot option is appalling I was by myself vs 3 ppl cause my 2 teammates weren't even playing. But 1 time I did get a warning about being booted for accidentally killing a teammate hopefully a patch fixes a few things including the most important...the glitched gold trophy

#2 sometimes my music completely turns off and all I hear are sound effects.....lol on L3 I wonder why I see ppl walking instead of running, I just figure there R2 is broken :p I still like it... I must to get over 2000 kills and 200,000 EXP in 3 days :) But if your on a team of retards it does suck, alot of ppl don't even really know how to play... they just look at you if your down instead of reviving you and the dumbass campers on certain modes all they do is stay on the roof not even attempt to get gold or defend, just stay right there at the spawn point sniping... stupid teammates will lose you matches fast. The no boot option is appalling I was by myself vs 3 ppl cause my 2 teammates weren't even playing. But 1 time I did get a warning about being booted for accidentally killing a teammate hopefully a patch fixes a few things including the most important...the glitched gold trophy

yea, i actually am getting in some more playing time now than i originally thought. i found that "greed" can be super fun to play! played quite a few matches w/people who all knew seemingly what to do, i like this mode the best because you are most forced to work as a team in this mode, and things can get pretty crazy - crazy fun! haha

one mode i am not too happy about is "powderkeg" - a couple of times i had some a**holes on my team shooting the keg when i would grab it, as you stated though they can be booted eventually for it... as long as it kills me when it explodes, although it never did happen to the person (so, next time i saw him grab one, i returned the favor :D ).

another time i grabbed a keg when on defense and my teammate kept shooting at it, prob. thinking i was trying to sabotage the objectives, when i fact i was trying to use it to blow out the bridges so as to give the offense only one route to travel and make it harder for them.... so, yay, playing with "retards" does suck...

oh, and sometimes if i see a camper just standing there, and we are losing, and he's trying to snipe, i will just stand in his way so he can't see anything, then shoot him so he knows that i am purposely standing in his way - hopefully they get the point and get to helping the team! :mad:

Edited by boogiebfla

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is this for the UK as well? I was gonna buy this game but if its free then that's great lol

No it aint! The US have had a fair few freebies now that I have really wanted, It seems the UK plus just keeps giving me games I had bought a while back :( So what I have done is got plus on my US account as well, that way I will get the best of both worlds! Maybe an option for you to if you dont mind spending another £35.