God, I hate this game

starcrunch061

What was NIS thinking? OK, so I didn't like "Cross Edge," but I could at least understand why people enjoyed it (lots of interesting characters from multiple games, long story, multiple endings. etc.)

But this game? Poor design. Poor engine. Poor graphics. Lackluster story (and that's being kind). I've put this game into my machine 5 separate times, and have only managed to play for 2 hours (by comparison, I put "Persona 3" into my machine two nights ago, and played it from 9 PM- 2 PM).

Ugh...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've now been playing this game for 3 hours and I have to agree completely...

This game is by far the worst game on PS3 so far... I don't know if I can take anymore of this game. I'm ready to give up already. I'd rather spend my time playing something I enjoy rather than this piece of garbage. Usually I don't give up on trying to get an easy platinum but this game is the pits.

I don't think it's horrible but also don't think it's good. I like the kind of artwork used though and enjoyed the voice acting except for maybe Nine but that's because of how much Nine complains, and the music is great, but other than that could say it's alright. But when you have a game that has you hit body parts on an enemy it's like do I really need to find out the combination for this monster? This is the one thing I like about White Knight Chronicles when in Knight form, since you get to hit whichever body part on the enemy you want and doesn't matter as long as it does some damage.

Edited by Shuffle

great, a post where I can vent out...

graphic : not bad (nothing exceptional)

combat system : average (although I didn't hate it, I hope nobody else use this system ever)

voice acting : ouch, we're nowhere near uncharted quality

story : the story of that game is not soooo bad, it's the next point that make it so bad ...

dialogue : WHO THE HELL WROTE THE SCRIPT OF THIS GAME !!!!!! Just so everyone understand how awful the dialogues are in this game, think Superman 64 controls, well it's about the same level of all-time mediocrity...

What was NIS thinking? OK, so I didn't like "Cross Edge," but I could at least understand why people enjoyed it (lots of interesting characters from multiple games, long story, multiple endings. etc.)

But this game? Poor design. Poor engine. Poor graphics. Lackluster story (and that's being kind). I've put this game into my machine 5 separate times, and have only managed to play for 2 hours (by comparison, I put "Persona 3" into my machine two nights ago, and played it from 9 PM- 2 PM).

Ugh...

NIS didn't develop Last Rebellion. Nor did they develop Cross Edge. The former was developed by HitMaker, the latter by Compile Heart. NIS is the publisher.

But yes, I agree. It's one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Its only saving graces are the soundtrack (I *love* the battle themes) and the 10 Hour Platinum.

NIS didn't develop Last Rebellion. Nor did they develop Cross Edge. The former was developed by HitMaker, the latter by Compile Heart. NIS is the publisher.

But yes, I agree. It's one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Its only saving graces are the soundtrack (I *love* the battle themes) and the 10 Hour Platinum.

Personally I'm looking forward to hearing Haruka Shimotsuki's closing song for the game.

This game is awesome! It's got a great story, cool characters, (Nine is rad

and Aisha is HAWT!) killer graphics and I'm totally into the fight system. But best of all, it's an easy platinum to boot!

Tell your friends to quickly hand their copies of the game over so you can embark on this epic journey ASAP!

Yeah, I know. But IMHO, the publisher is the one to blame. For example, if someone writes a shitty article, OK, that's bad. But if the NY Times publishes it, that's far worse.

I almost enjoy the game. I normally dont like RPG style games. It was frustrating at first but now that I figured things out its not to bad. I do not like the illustrated cut scenes and lame acting. That is my biggest complaint and what keeps this from being a good game in my opinion.

The graphics arent the best but not horrible either. I also like the looks of the characters.

Overall I can handle the game.

It was frustrating at first but now that I figured things out its not to bad.

Ok... I'm being totally serious here.

I've been playing this game for about 5 hours now and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing. I've been reading the walkthrough that Cauchy recommended and I'm still lost as to what I should be doing in this game. I'm now through the 4th or 5th mirror and here are the questions that make me suck at this game:

1. Should I be opening red chests at all except after bosses?

2. Does anyone know a walkthrough to tell me which chests are the only pertinent ones need to finish the game?

3. How do I get more CP cause I run out after two rounds?

4. Should I avoid enemies as much as possible or should I hit as many as I can on the way to get EXP?

I guess some people say they sort of like this game and it not super difficult so that kind of dictates into easy platinum... but in my opinion, this game is pretty bad and so far I just find it more annoying than easy. Maybe It'll get better later but right now... It's just plain awful.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

I've been playing this game for about 5 hours now and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing. I've been reading the walkthrough that Cauchy recommended and I'm still lost as to what I should be doing in this game. I'm now through the 4th or 5th mirror and here are the questions that make me suck at this game:

2. Does anyone know a walkthrough to tell me which chests are the only pertinent ones need to finish the game?

4. Should I avoid enemies as much as possible or should I hit as many as I can on the way to get EXP?

I guess some people say they sort of like this game and it not super difficult so that kind of dictates into easy platinum... but in my opinion, this game is pretty bad and so far I just find it more annoying than easy. Maybe It'll get better later but right now... It's just plain awful.

You are farther along that I am if you have been through several mirrors. Probably cant help but I try. I have a post right now about my issues with CP

1. I plan to open all chests as i find them so I dont have to worry about missing anything.

2. Dont know if there is a guide like that or not.

3. Have you been using the Restore CP spell? And have you gotten it to level 5? That was my issue with this game. Didnt seem Like I had enough CP. After I raised the spell up to level 5 if I think I am going to run out of CP I will have Aisha cast the restore CP and have Nine attack. I raised my character level from a 5 to 11 in less than half hour.

4. I am currently hitting any I stumble across while trying to advance.

I was about ready to send this game back and say screw it. Now I figured some things out it has gone a little easier.

1. Honestly the chests are pretty much useless. Blue Chests only have like healing items which are really only useful when in battle but even then probably wouldn't need them and besides the only really good healing potion is the Greater Healing Potion but you can only have like 1 to hold onto. For red chests it's pretty pointless except for maybe in the beginning of the game.

2. Not really sure but just grab whatever chest you can find after boss battles since whenever I open up a chest it's usually just like another useless item for me to carry around. However not to spoil anything but there is a certain time in the game that requires some red chests that are in like these barrier looking things that you might have noticed that have like red wires on them that would need the ability of True Sight from Nine to see those red chests which are needed to advance in the story(but don't have to worry about that till near the end).

3. Use CP Recovery with I believe Aisha when walking around on the map. When you obtain those paper-looking things from winning battles or something like that, make sure some main things you upgrade is the CP Recovery and the Spirit Recovery. There's also items in red chests that have CP Recovery but are not really needed unless you have like 0 MP and no easy way to boost your MP but if you walk around the map with Nine anyways, it slowly comes back anyways for the MP.

4. It's pretty hard to avoid enemies unless you use the combination of Silent with Nine and Invisability with Aisha and making sure you don't accidentally bump into 1 of the enemies. But however if you're at a strong enough level to way surpass the enemys' level, then you actually escape from battle since those are probably enemies that would be too weak to boost up your level anyways.

Edited by Shuffle

Thanks so much to everyone...

This game got way, way easier. 1. I was opening to many dumb chests through out the levels and 2. I wasn't using the CP recovery or Spirit recovery at all.

Once I found out how to use them and apply my magic to them... this game got way way easier. I kept losing before in easy enemy battles and I knew I was doing something wrong. Eveyone kept saying this was easy but I couldn't figure out why I was struggling so much.

Thanks again... BIG help :)

• 4 weeks later...

I repeatedly went back and forth between utterly hating this game and enjoying being able to destroy most groups of enemies in one round. I only played through for the platinum and watched absolutely none of the cut scenes though. Maybe if I took a little more time it could have been slightly enjoyable... kinda doubt it though.