Last Rebellion - Road Map and Trophy Guide

Cauchy

14809524223_1156e9af1a_o.png

Credit to Ryukori for the banner

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up.

Overview

• Estimated difficulty: 2/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
  • Estimated time to Platinum: 6-10hrs (Estimated Time to Platinum)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1.
  • Trophy breakdown: 19 (2 (B), 7 (S), 9 (G), 1 (P)).
    • Offline: All.
    • Online: None.

[*]Missable trophies: None.

[*]Glitched trophies: None.

[*]Does difficulty affect trophies? Not applicable.

[*]Do cheats disable trophies? Not applicable.

[*]Special hardware required for platinum? Not applicable.

Introduction (taken from Wikipedia, link here: LINK):

The game takes place in the world of Junovald which is governed by the will of two gods, Meitilia and Formival. Meitilia is the god of death presiding over the destruction of life while Formival is the god of life presiding over the birth of all life and the creation of things. Meitilia is said to have blessed two types of people namely Blades and Sealers each with special powers. Blades have the unparalleled power to destroy things physically while Sealers have the magical power to destroy the souls of things.

Formival's power on the other hand grants him the ability to revive any dead object. Creature's in the face of death allow their souls to escape from their body, once escaped these souls are controlled by fragments of what is known as the Formival's Soul. The souls of the creatures would then manifest into monsters which are more powerful and stronger than before. These creatures are known as the Belzeds, they cannot be killed by normal means instead requiring the skills of both a Blade and a Sealer to destroy both its body and soul.

The game follows the main protagonist, Nine Asfel, whose homeland which was ravaged by civil war nine years ago led to the land becoming a nesting ground for the Belzeds. A group of sorcerers, Necromancers and Wizards had created a barrier surrounding the kingdom to prevent a massacre by the Belzeds. In order to solve the problem of the Belzeds, King Arzelide summoned Nine whose skills are widely recognized as the best of the blades and Aisha whose Sealer powers have isolated her from the rest of kingdom to eliminate the Belzeds.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Play through until just before the end boss saving at the Vamino Room.

The exact time you'll want to make this save is just after you defeat the Eyes of Argos boss (i.e. just after you unlock the “Stopped the failed experiment” trophy. This game is pretty linear and very easy. In fact, I didn’t really care for the story so I skipped all the pseudo cut-scenes. This had little effect, since I could figure everything I needed to do by just talking to nearby NPCs or checking the story's progress by going to the “Outline” section of the “Tips" menu. Keep in mind that some key items are needed to advance the story. These key items are in various chests, which are often given after you defeat a boss. You'll need Ganon keys to unlock these chests so it's best to stock up about 15 or 20 Ganon keys just before battling a boss. Ganon keys are awarded randomly after regular battles, so you can always get more. Finally, I have included a tips section below that outlines how to quickly level and easily defeat all enemies.

Step 2: Defeat all the optional bosses in the Another World arena. There are eight optional bosses located in the Another World arena. You will only unlock the mirror (i.e. portal) for the Another World arena when you've unlocked all the other mirrors. To unlock a mirror, you must first find the associated black stone for a given area and use it. Four of the enemies you encounter in the arena are Prinnies and they appear randomly when you enter the Another World arena with Nine. The other four are Oranges and they appear randomly when you enter the Another World arena with Aisha. Once you're in the arena, you don't have to leave, as the enemies will always respawn. As long as you follow the boss sub-guide under the game-play tips section below, you should have no problems with theses enemies.

Step 3: Finish the final boss. Provided you followed the boss guide for the optional bosses, your characters should pretty much be omnipotent and the final boss will be a cake walk, especially if you follow the boss guide tip listed below. Defeat him and the last gold trophy and the platinum will unlock. Congrats!

Gameplay Tips

Power levelling: First you need to understand how to fill your combo meter: Each enemy has a certain number of attackable body parts and there is an ideal order to attack these body parts. If you attack a body part in the appropriate order, you get a “Bingo”. String together Bingos and you’ll get a combo. The more Bingos you get consecutively (i.e. the more body parts you hit in the correct order), the larger your combo gets and the faster your combo meter fills. Combos will continue to stack as long as: you are getting Bingos, your hits are landing (i.e. the enemy doesn't dodge your attack) and it's still your turn. In particular, if you do physical attacks with Nine and with Aisha and fulfill all of the above requirements, the combo will continue to build. The combo meter maxes out at 999 and getting a 999 combo against non-trivial enemies rewards a huge experience bonus. This is the key to quickly levelling your characters. It is important to remember that your combo meter only fills when using physical attacks. As such, you’ll find that you’ll rarely be using any magic other than support magic.

Enemy Data: The hard part of this game is correctly figuring out the order in which to hit the enemies to get Bingos and subsequently fill your combo meter. See the enemy data guide provided by Daredevil96: LINK

Quick-Calling Enemy Data: To save you the time and hassle of re-entering the enemy data (i.e. hit order) of each enemy every time, the game has a built in quick-call system. It's quite simple: when in battle enter the enemy data as you normally would, now hit :l1:. The order you just entered is now permanently stored and associated to that enemy, until you overwrite it, which you never should, provided you're following the enemy data guide given above. To recall the enemy data, just press :r1:.

Boss Guide: First and foremost, make sure to follow the power levelling guide above to get a 999 combo during your boss fights, because they reward an incredible amount of experience, especially the first couple of optional boss fights. Most of the time, you'll be able to get by just fine by continuing with the "combo strategy". However, for the more difficult bosses (i.e. the Prinnies), you’ll want to buff yourself with the following support magic, preferably all at level five: physical attack power boost, critical hit boost, auto recovery (heal) boost, increased physical defense and increased magical defense. After buffing yourself with these, just continue to follow the "combo strategy". For strong enemies that you know you're going to battle (e.g. the prinnies and oranges), you can actually buff yourself prior to initiating the battle. Just use whatever support magic that you want before walking into the enemy.

If you're feeling lost and need to know where to go, WishingTika has compiled a walkthrough available through IGN. Here is the link: LINK

Acknowledgements: I'd like to give a special thanks missauru for helping with the boss battle locations and to Aeliana for pointing out some useful information.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 19/02/2015.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/00.jpg Flawless Demon (H) (P)

The Ultimate Blade

As usual, just unlock all the other trophies.

Story Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/19.jpg Avenge the Sealers! (H) (B)

[spoiler=ST1]Defeat the Grudge Holder

This will be your first boss battle and occurs in the Belzed Factory Ruins.

Grudge Holder enemy data: Snake, Chest, Back, Hand-L, Hand-R, Abdomen, Head.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/18.jpg Machine Dismantler (H) (B)

[spoiler=ST2]Destroyed the Bullvezarks

This will be your second boss battle and occurs as you ascend Henil Cavern.

Bullvezard Δ enemy data: 9, 7, 8, 5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2.

Bullvezard Σ enemy data: 5, 3, 4, 6, 7, 1, 2, 8, 9.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/17.jpg Dragon Slayer (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST3]Slayed the might Nidhogg

This will be your third boss battle and occurs shortly after you battle the Bullvezarks. You'll want to have some chest keys available for when you clear this boss, because you have to open one of the red chests to get an item in order to advance the story.

Nidhogg enemy data: 6, 1, 2, 7, 8, 3, 4, 9, 10, 5.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/16.jpg Help an Older Blade (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST4]Toppled the Trolls.

This will be the fourth of your boss battles and occurs as you make your way through Hnoss Range.

Troll enemy data: 9, 3, 4, 7, 8, 1, 2, 5, 6.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/15.jpg Hmm... It's no Gundum. (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST5]Vanquished the Vandread

This is the fifth of the main story boss battles. It occurs in Vega Barrier which is a subarea of the Forseti Citadel. Be sure to collect all the chests after defeating Vandread, because you'll need one of the acquired items in order to advance the game.

Vandread enemy data: 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 9, 10, 6, 7, 8.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/14.jpg Congrats: you beat a little girl (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST6]Stopped Selphi’s surprise attack

Selphi is the sixth boss battle. She is located in the Bellatrix Barrier which is in the Dellinger Ruins. Be sure to have some Ganon keys so you can collect the key items from the chests after the battle.

Selphi enemy data: 1, 7, 8, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/13.jpg They're oversized chickens, really (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST7]Gutted the vile Griffons

The first Griffon you battle is located in the Talazet Barrier which is part of the Tower of Freya. Before fighting the Griffon, you'll have to ascend a massive spiral ramp. This ramp is missing some pieces and to get them to appear, you'll need to collect some holy water scattered throughout the world in hidden chests. There is one hidden chest per area and by area, I mean a location that has a portal stone. To see the hidden chest, you have to equip and use the "True Sight" magic. You receive this magic after defeating Vandred. While the actual chests are hidden, their location is not. This is because they are always fenced in by four wooden posts in the form of a square. So, when you see these posts, use the necessary magic and unlock the chest.

Griffon enemy data: 10, 1, 9, 5, 6, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/12.jpg Revenge At Last... (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST8]Halted Alfred’s ambitions

Alfred is the first part of a two-part boss battle that ends with the Eye of Argos. These guys are located in Sadamelik Barrier which is at the end of the Geansar Shrine.

Alfred enemy data: 6, 1, 7, 2, 3, 4, 5.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/11.jpg Stopped the failed experiment (H) (S)

[spoiler=ST9]Eliminated the Eyes of Argos

The Eyes of Argos is the second boss in a two-part boss battle that begins with Alfred. These guys are located in Sadamelik Barrier which is at the end of the Geansar Shrine.

Eyes of Argos enemy data: 9, 10, 1, 4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/10.jpg And so the curtain falls... (H) (G)

[spoiler=ST10]Defeated the Keeper of Lorvin, Arzelide.

To get to Arzelide you have to go to the arena located in the Aldelamin Palace. He is accompanied by two Griffons. Provided you followed the road map, this battle will pose no problems whatsoever. It should be noted that if the Griffons go down first, you can't seal them. Don't worry though, they won't ever revive themselves, at least they didn't for me.

Griffon enemy data: 10, 1, 9, 5, 6, 3, 4, 7, 8, 2.

Arzelide enemy data: 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.

Edited by Terminator
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

Optional Boss Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/05.jpg How'd we get here, dood? (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB1]Prinny I Defeated

Remember you encounter the Prinnies in the Another World arena when entering it as Nine. The arena can be accessed through a portal in the Vamino Room. The portal becomes available just before you fight the game's final sequence after you've unlocked all the other portals. To unlock the other portals, you must find the corresponding stones and use them.

Prinny 1 enemy data: 9, 1, 4, 5, 2, 3, 10, 6, 7, 8.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/04.jpg Dood. give us a break! (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB2]Prinny II Defeated

Remember you encounter the Prinnies in the Another World arena when entering it as Nine. The arena can be accessed through a portal in the Vamino Room. The portal becomes available just before you fight the game's final sequence after you've unlocked all the other portals. To unlock the other portals, you must find the corresponding stones and use them.

Prinny 2 enemy data: 10, 1, 6, 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/03.jpg We don't have any money, dood... (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB3]Prinny III Defeated

Prinny 3 enemy data: 4, 1, 5, 6, 9, 10, 7, 8, 2, 3.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/02.jpg Fine. dood. we're outta here! (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB4]Prinny IV Defated

Prinny 4 enemy data: 2, 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 3, 4, 5, 6.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/09.jpg What is this thing? (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB5]Orange I Defeated

Remember you encounter the Oranges in the Another World arena when entering it as Aisha. The arena can be accessed through a portal in the Vamino Room. The portal becomes available just before you fight the game's final sequence after you've unlocked

all the other portals. To unlock the other portals, you must find the corresponding stones and use them.

Orange 1 enemy data: 6, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/08.jpg Is it hiding something? (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB6]Orange II Defeated

Remember you encounter the Oranges in the Another World arena when entering it as Aisha. The arena can be accessed through a portal in the Vamino Room. The portal becomes available just before you fight the game's final sequence after you've unlocked

all the other portals. To unlock the other portals, you must find the corresponding stones and use them.

Orange 2 enemy data: 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/07.jpg Kind of cute, I guess... (H) (G)

[spoiler=OB7]Orange III Defeated

Orange 3 enemy data: 3, 5, 6, 1, 4, 2.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/391/06.jpg Well, they're dead now. (H) (G)

[spoiler=orange4]Orange IV Defeated

Orange 4 enemy data: 6, 1, 2, 5, 4, 3.

Edited by Terminator
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

There is already a guide and this is just basically the same info

Yeah, I saw it. Any trophy guide for this game is going to be pretty bare, since the trophy set is quite shallow. But I thought the other one lacked in details when it came to the most important aspect of the game: getting a 999 combo. Also, I threw in the links to the enemy data guides, which removes what little challenge there is in this game. I know it's not much, but like I said, there's not much to this game.

Edited by Cauchy

The game is shit, isn't it? Lay it on me. I'm going to rent it, but I need to hear how bad it is.

It’s very repetitive, but you’ll constantly be rewarded with easy high value trophies. Also, kicking the shit out of the enemies because of the sever lack of game-play balancing (in your favor) has a certain amount of appeal.

great guide! so I'm missing two mirrors, one is the Another World but what is the other!? I cant unlock that until I unlock whatever the other is, right? the one that I think is not Another World is between tyr forest and h..(?) range. Could you please tell me what the hell Im missing and how to unlock it??

thanks

I can't remember the name of the mirror, and unfortunately, I've sent the game back but here's what I can remember:

[spoiler=missauru_help]The last mirror before the Anothe World leads to a sequence of boss battles. To unlock it, you need first collect all of the holy water from all the other levels. These are used to unlock all the levels of spiral ramp in a location whose name I can't remember (sorry). To get the holy water, you must go find all of the little square "pens" and use your true sight magic.

I can't remember the name of the mirror, and unfortunately, I've sent the game back but here's what I can remember:

[spoiler=missauru_help]The last mirror before the Anothe World leads to a sequence of boss battles. To unlock it, you need first collect all of the holy water from all the other levels. These are used to unlock all the levels of spiral ramp in a location whose name I can't remember (sorry). To get the holy water, you must go find all of the little square "pens" and use your true sight magic.

hmm... well i did that. I got all the holy water from the invisible chests.

I actually beat the game already, but I reloaded to try and do Another World. Now I find two black mirrors... What did I miss? My reload was after the holy water part, btw. :confused:

hmm... well i did that. I got all the holy water from the invisible chests.

I actually beat the game already, but I reloaded to try and do Another World. Now I find two black mirrors... What did I miss? My reload was after the holy water part, btw. :confused:

Well, you've got me baffled. Perhaps the last time you saved was well before you beat the game. The second to last portal should be where you fought...

[spoiler=missauru_help2]...Alfred and The Eye of Argos.

Once that unlocks, so should the final mirror.

Fought them... have that place. It wasnt final for me though.

The one in question is between the forest and the place with all the ogres/trolls whatever they are. I went back to the ogre place to see if I missed one exit but no, Ive been everywhere. I battled the two you mentioned, meaning I must have visited all the places, right? UGH!

Fought them... have that place. It wasnt final for me though.

The one in question is between the forest and the place with all the ogres/trolls whatever they are. I went back to the ogre place to see if I missed one exit but no, Ive been everywhere. I battled the two you mentioned, meaning I must have visited all the places, right? UGH!

I think you're missing one from early on. The Another World mirror is located next to the boss battles I mentioned above.

[spoiler=missaur_help3]It' strange though, since you said you collected all the holy water, you must have visited all the locations that have a portal. My only suggestion (and it's not a very good one) is to go back to all the places that you collected holy water and make sure you've unlocked the mirror in that location. BTW, I sent you a private message requesting the names of these very locations, so you'll get the added bonus of helping me out. ;)

EDIT: There is a portal in the location where you use the holy water too.

LOL it won't get any better either. I honestly pressed start because I thought the storyline was ...well.....FUCKING CRAP.

what you mean by pressed start? EDIT: nvm I realized what you meant i'm doing the same thing already, it's not bad enough the the story is bland, but the way you have to keep pressing X like omg is this 1997

The combat sucks too, NES era turned Based RPGs are more exciting then this

by the way guys know where there's a semi- decent walkthrough? or is there any point to following one? I'm alreayd lost by quickly skipping the dialog and not knowing where i supposed to go lol.

Edited by Tparsons5150

what you mean by pressed start? EDIT: nvm I realized what you meant i'm doing the same thing already, it's not bad enough the the story is bland, but the way you have to keep pressing X like omg is this 1997

The combat sucks too, NES era turned Based RPGs are more exciting then this

by the way guys know where there's a semi- decent walkthrough? or is there any point to following one? I'm alreayd lost by quickly skipping the dialog and not knowing where i supposed to go lol.

Whenever I was lost, I used checked the last couple of entries in the "Outline" section of the "Tips" menu and was able to figure out where to go next. I mention this in the guide.