3.0 In IGN

Pata

Looks like a late 2003-2004 game, we are no longer in that generation of gaming.

That's what happens when you focus the budget on a game on the gameplay and not the graphics. They pretty much knew this game won't get a lot of people buying it so to make sure that they don't lose money from it just not use really any of the budget on the graphics. Ones like Uncharted are guaranteed to sell so they get a higher budget which makes more room for that money to go to advertising and making the graphics look beautiful.

Also with an IGN score if they give it a 3.0 it's actually more like a 5.0 at least since they're usually kind of off in their scores.

Wow, I've bought games that had low scores before and realized that it was still a pretty solid game. But 3.0? Too low for my money...

I mean its all in the eye of the person. 3.0 doesn't mean no one will like it, just generally people won't. I love playing role playing games and I think for the right price I will play this as well (or just get it from gamefly).

I love Nippon Ichi games, so I'll buy it. Graphics's no matter to me, I enjoying by playing Cross Edge and Disgaea, and I'm an RPG fan from SEGA times... so...

Ah and TBH, scores at the sites like gametrailers, gamespot, ign, I mean their staff scores - have no weight for my oppinion. They give Uncharted 2 - 9.3 and Halo 3 - 9.8. It tells me all about their "score system", coz give a mark higher than 2 to such a trash like Halo 3 (the first Halo was really great)... I have no words to tell... )) I've heard that at gamespot staff gives low score to God Hand cos they'd no balls to complete it even at easy mode =))

I'm await Eu release of Last Rebellion and Trinity Universe, especially Trinity Universe, cos there're Etna and Flonne.. ))

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought about getting this game, before it was released.

But a metascore of 46? PS2 graphics? That's at least a sign that devs didn't put too much effort on it.

But all right, say it's $15 on PSN. I can take bad graphics for $15. And it's a nice price ta- WHAT?! Fifty flippin' dollars?! Retail release?!

I'll pass, thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's not kid ourselves here. This game is in no way worthy of a 7.0 in this generation. They released it on the PS3, so they wanted to play with the big boys. If this game is a 7, and Uncharted 2 a 9.5-10, then it wouldn't make any sense. This game is so far behind on stellar titles with actual production values that anything above a 5/10 would be insulting the rest of the gaming industry.

I actually thought about getting this game, before it was released.

But a metascore of 46? PS2 graphics? That's at least a sign that devs didn't put too much effort on it.

But all right, say it's $15 on PSN. I can take bad graphics for $15. And it's a nice price ta- WHAT?! Fifty flippin' dollars?! Retail release?!

I'll pass, thank you.

That's what happens with low budget titles. The more money, the better the graphics are. They pretty much only targeted to get the attention of people who support NIS and even throw in some Prinnies to the game as some side bosses. Never really meant to go beyond that to have a wide audience.

But it does look better than Disgaea 3, Record of Agarest War, and Cross Edge though.

So i'm guessing at a $50 retail price is probably the only way they can get their money back from making this game and probably going to stay at that price unless people really start buying it to make it a Greatest Hits copy to be sold for $20-$30.

But honestly I think it's silly to care about graphics in games as long as you enjoy the story and the gameplay is fun then that's all that matters. Now hopefully I can start playing this soon.

The story is incredibly uninteresting and told in the most lazy way. Just showing a large anime drawing, then some text with voices, is not proper story telling. Final Fantasy 4 had better cutscenes than this. This is all presented with horrible graphics, stale music, no world to care for and nothing to show for.

The gameplay is equally annoying with shitty encounters, lengthy battles and retarded status effects.

It feels like you're playing someone's RPGmaker XP project. And that's fine, but not PS3/$50 fine. You can get a hell of a lot more for $50, and if you add $10 to that you can get RPGs that actually show that the staff put some effort into it.

This game makes baby Jesus cry. Seriously, it's laughably bad. The localization reminds me of something off of the NES. I just started today, and have already laughed out loud, literally, 5 times. When the character is talking to his "brother" after his "dad" dies (I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler, since it happens in the first 5 minutes), the dialogue is positively stultifying.

"How can you do that, Sir <whatever his name is>?"

"Ha ha ha!"

"So, are you still studying religion?"

"It's science!"

"Whatever. So anyway, why did you do this?"

"Because. And now, I'm going to kill you, so he won't be lonely!"

"Aaaaah!"

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The best thing about the game is the soundtrack

Yeah the soundtrack is amazing and plus having Haruka Shimotsuki doing the closing song is like pretty much a reason to buy the game as well as the awesome bgm. I may even have to import the soundtrack cd. The voice acting isn't bad either.

Edited by Shuffle

• 3 months later...
I think this is ps2 game -*-

Yeah well that's what happens when a company doesn't put much money into making a game. It's a niche company making an even more niche game and these kind of companies can't put much money into developing their games since they know it won't sell like a million copies or even 500,000 copies. I'm even willing to bet that both NIS and HitMaker lost money on making this game(even if it wasn't that bad) despite how low the budget was in making it.

• 1 month later...

I didn't think it was so bad. Probably more like a 4 or a 5. I actually liked the combat system a lot, just thought it was too easy once you have the enemy data sheet.

The story was the low part but I didn't think it was sooo bad, I would have liked to at least seen animated cutscenes, weither hand drawn or cgi, but I understand with it having a low budget that wasn't possible. For a game thats not expected to sell it wasn't really bad, no major glitches that I ran across and the combat, while monotonious, wasn't that bad.

• 5 months later...
I love Nippon Ichi games, so I'll buy it. Graphics's no matter to me, I enjoying by playing Cross Edge and Disgaea, and I'm an RPG fan from SEGA times... so...

Ah and TBH, scores at the sites like gametrailers, gamespot, ign, I mean their staff scores - have no weight for my oppinion. They give Uncharted 2 - 9.3 and Halo 3 - 9.8. It tells me all about their "score system", coz give a mark higher than 2 to such a trash like Halo 3 (the first Halo was really great)... I have no words to tell... )) I've heard that at gamespot staff gives low score to God Hand cos they'd no balls to complete it even at easy mode =))

I'm await Eu release of Last Rebellion and Trinity Universe, especially Trinity Universe, cos there're Etna and Flonne.. ))

:applause:

IGN is strange - 4.0 for Splatterhouse, 3.5 for Last Rebelion, but they give extremely high score for Halo 3, or .... new Pac Man (10/10).

I beat FF XIII, and LR. And in my opinion: LR > FF XIII.

Music, design, fun, is better in Last Rebelion.

Only graphic is better in FF XIII.

Of course LR isn't awesome RPG, but it is a good game.