XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
pvtforlife

Default Anybody play this?

I just purchased this game cause I forgot I had it preordered and now heavy rain will probably be taking up most of my time. Anybody actually open up a copy and play this yet?
pvtforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Roughdawg4

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Not yet but please let us know, I am curious to see how this game is. Role Playing games are just falling from the sky now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybell2117 View Post
He's starting to border that line though where it's hard to argue with him because he's so stupid. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how well you play, the pigeon's still gonna knock over all the pieces, poop on the board and strut around like he won.
Roughdawg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Akihiko

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Well this is my following first impressions:

-Battle system is fun, you have to target different parts of the monster body, if under the right sequence, you'll attach more "stamps" to the monster, in enable for you to use magic skills on them

-Storyline seems to be kinda cliche, save the world theme with a bad-arse attitude hero, and a proud heroine.

-Battles need to be planned well as you need "chain points" to attack, and even if the monsters are dead, you have to seal them to destroy them. If not they will revive with stronger powers.

-Trophies seems to be story based after hearing some comments on gamefaqs. Someone said that they platted it in 14hours of gameplay, speculation much?

Add me as a friend on PSN if you will! Just say ps3t! Will definitely accept when I'm online!!
Akihiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
Well this is my following first impressions:

-Battle system is fun, you have to target different parts of the monster body, if under the right sequence, you'll attach more "stamps" to the monster, in enable for you to use magic skills on them

-Storyline seems to be kinda cliche, save the world theme with a bad-arse attitude hero, and a proud heroine.

-Battles need to be planned well as you need "chain points" to attack, and even if the monsters are dead, you have to seal them to destroy them. If not they will revive with stronger powers.

-Trophies seems to be story based after hearing some comments on gamefaqs. Someone said that they platted it in 14hours of gameplay, speculation much?
That last line seems quite interesting. Do let us know if that is true
Old 02-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Roughdawg4

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Yeah that makes it very interesting now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybell2117 View Post
He's starting to border that line though where it's hard to argue with him because he's so stupid. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how well you play, the pigeon's still gonna knock over all the pieces, poop on the board and strut around like he won.
Roughdawg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Akihiko

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Okay here's my update...I'm like 5 hours in, and I think the average time needed to complete this game is about 20+ hours. I'll try to create a guide, if possible >.<

But I can't upload my trophy pictures because the US playstation website seems not to support Last Rebellion T_T

Add me as a friend on PSN if you will! Just say ps3t! Will definitely accept when I'm online!!
Akihiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
Archduke_Stevius

Yes, I had about 20 hours on my last save when I got the platinum trophy. All of the trophies pop directly after killing certain enemies. It was kind of refreshing to not have silly collection trophies even though I expected them. I was sure that there would be a trophy for getting a complete bestiary at 100%, but there wasn't. I did enjoy the story and the battle mechanics. There are also a few NIS surprises!

1000th Trophy: Ultimate Hero - Final Fantasy XIII
2000th Trophy: The Circle is Now Complete - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
3000th Trophy: The Dark Soul - Dark Souls
Archduke_Stevius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
dulaney22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduke_Stevius View Post
Yes, I had about 20 hours on my last save when I got the platinum trophy. All of the trophies pop directly after killing certain enemies. It was kind of refreshing to not have silly collection trophies even though I expected them. I was sure that there would be a trophy for getting a complete bestiary at 100%, but there wasn't. I did enjoy the story and the battle mechanics. There are also a few NIS surprises!

I've been playing for a couple hours and, although it's not the greatest game ever, it's not awful. Yes, the graphics are subpar, but the battle system is interesting.

Can someone please post the trophies?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
laps

that game not for everybody i know 'sadly' here in canada that game wont have much value and i can understand its came right in midle of star ocean and ff13, about the graphic i think they are ok for NIS there is nothing bad in there the hand made picture of character are really cool and any fans will know that when you play a NIS game you dont play for the graphic... but i have to admit i just started it im still at the begening when you can play with both character now but im little disappointed to heard its only about 20H when everything they made its mostly a good 40-50h of story and 100h+ if you dig into all oh well... i like it cause im a hardcore fan of NIS but that game are not for every one look carefully before buying or just rent it since its only 20h

currently playing
ps3: NHL10
Psp:PsP2, VC2
DS: Atelier Annie, Strange Journey
laps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
ManaReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laps View Post
i can understand its came right in midle of star ocean and ff13
I picked it over FFXIII...I got it and TLH, but it seems to be selling at EB in Canada away. Can't say I understand why it was released sandwiched between two of the bigger named RPGs though.
ManaReaper is offline   Reply With Quote