Anybody play this?

pvtforlife

Well this is my following first impressions:

-Battle system is fun, you have to target different parts of the monster body, if under the right sequence, you'll attach more "stamps" to the monster, in enable for you to use magic skills on them

-Storyline seems to be kinda cliche, save the world theme with a bad-arse attitude hero, and a proud heroine.

-Battles need to be planned well as you need "chain points" to attack, and even if the monsters are dead, you have to seal them to destroy them. If not they will revive with stronger powers.

-Trophies seems to be story based after hearing some comments on gamefaqs. Someone said that they platted it in 14hours of gameplay, speculation much?

Well this is my following first impressions:

-Battle system is fun, you have to target different parts of the monster body, if under the right sequence, you'll attach more "stamps" to the monster, in enable for you to use magic skills on them

-Storyline seems to be kinda cliche, save the world theme with a bad-arse attitude hero, and a proud heroine.

-Battles need to be planned well as you need "chain points" to attack, and even if the monsters are dead, you have to seal them to destroy them. If not they will revive with stronger powers.

-Trophies seems to be story based after hearing some comments on gamefaqs. Someone said that they platted it in 14hours of gameplay, speculation much?

That last line seems quite interesting. Do let us know if that is true :D

Yes, I had about 20 hours on my last save when I got the platinum trophy. All of the trophies pop directly after killing certain enemies. It was kind of refreshing to not have silly collection trophies even though I expected them. I was sure that there would be a trophy for getting a complete bestiary at 100%, but there wasn't. I did enjoy the story and the battle mechanics. There are also a few NIS surprises!

2(B)

7(S)

9(G)

1(P)

Yes, I had about 20 hours on my last save when I got the platinum trophy. All of the trophies pop directly after killing certain enemies. It was kind of refreshing to not have silly collection trophies even though I expected them. I was sure that there would be a trophy for getting a complete bestiary at 100%, but there wasn't. I did enjoy the story and the battle mechanics. There are also a few NIS surprises!

2(B)

7(S)

9(G)

1(P)

I've been playing for a couple hours and, although it's not the greatest game ever, it's not awful. Yes, the graphics are subpar, but the battle system is interesting.

Can someone please post the trophies?

that game not for everybody i know 'sadly' here in canada that game wont have much value and i can understand its came right in midle of star ocean and ff13, about the graphic i think they are ok for NIS there is nothing bad in there the hand made picture of character are really cool and any fans will know that when you play a NIS game you dont play for the graphic... but i have to admit i just started it im still at the begening when you can play with both character now but im little disappointed to heard its only about 20H when everything they made its mostly a good 40-50h of story and 100h+ if you dig into all oh well... i like it cause im a hardcore fan of NIS but that game are not for every one look carefully before buying or just rent it since its only 20h :D

i can understand its came right in midle of star ocean and ff13

I picked it over FFXIII...I got it and TLH, but it seems to be selling at EB in Canada away. Can't say I understand why it was released sandwiched between two of the bigger named RPGs though.

Thats even better. So no collectibles,no missables i can just play without guide,get trophies for story mode,then kill optional bosses and voila platinum?

And how would You rate the game? Bad - Mediocre - Its ok - Pretty good ?

No collectibles, no missables, you can play without a guide, platting this is easy.

Storyline is kinda cliche, I find that the battle system is kinda innovative. Illustrations are nice too.

So out of a 10, I'll give it a 7.5 for my own preference, but this game have no replayability so I sold it away before the price drops further :p

• 4 weeks later...
Okay here's my update...I'm like 5 hours in, and I think the average time needed to complete this game is about 20+ hours. I'll try to create a guide, if possible >.<

But I can't upload my trophy pictures because the US playstation website seems not to support Last Rebellion T_T

a guide would be nice, not always sure where to go next.

I have been thinking about picking this game up very soon. I finished ffxiii, and when ROF is done, I'll probably get this one.

I was very suprised to find that the game could be platinumed in so few hours. That is so NOT nis. I wonder what hapened? Usually, you will have to dedicate your life to a nis game, and this one seems like you can fly through it.:think:

My playtime on platinum was 9 hours 31 minutes.

The game is dull and in no way any higher than a 5. There's no production value whatsoever, so the entire thing feels like a lazy addition to the genre in hopes of collecting some money from NIS fans. Luckily, it didn't do this either.

The encounters are incredibly boring, not to mention annoying. I've gotten myself locked in a status effect multiple times, and the game just doesn't handle it well. Every single element of this game just feels dated, tried before and cheap.

The graphics are downright terrible, and I don't normally mind this but the production values are just so low that it really feels as if nobody at the office had the slightest bit of passion making this, so it's hard for me to appreciate. Needless to say; I don't.

Rental, but nothing more. $20 would be a decent price for this game, or $15 as a PSN title. That's truly where I would draw the line.

But hey, I played this all the way through until I got the platinum. I can't play FF13 for more than an hour before I get extremely bored, so maybe it's just me.

Weirdly I don't find the game boring. I've played about 10 hours now, and maybe halfway through. I'm taking it slowly by reading the dialogue, some of which is funny - most of which is dire.

The only annoying aspect of the game for me are the weak enemies that keep re-spawning. I can pwn them easily by Sealing them on the first round, but it's so tedious. The boss fights are pretty tough though, and the dialogue is far more polished.

But hey, this is my first RPG. It might be "old looking" compared to other RPGs (I wouldn't know, having never played one before); but if it takes me 20 hours to plat this, then I think that's a nice & gentle introduction to the RPG genre. I think if I had to do something ridiculous like 1000 hours, it would put me off RPGs for life. It's not so much that RPGs are tedious for their length; more that the length of the game means my other games aren't being touched.

If this is your first RPG then this is your metaphorical piece of spam as an ex-vegetarian. You've been a vegetarian all your life and are now finally eating your first piece of meat. The spam tastes good, and you love it. Then you eat perfectly grilled steak. Spam tastes like shit now.

I've been eating steak for a while, so I don't appreciate the spam anymore as much as I used to.

Well, you're assuming I'll be able to find a perfectly grilled steak now :D

I guess if this game is truly the worst that RPGs have to offer, then I have a lot of fun ahead of me. I can only feel sorry for those who started with World of Warcraft, and must now think that no other game on the planet can even compare.

Well, you're assuming I'll be able to find a perfectly grilled steak now :D

I guess if this game is truly the worst that RPGs have to offer, then I have a lot of fun ahead of me. I can only feel sorry for those who started with World of Warcraft, and must now think that no other game on the planet can even compare.

lol no kidding. I actually didnt find this game too boring either it was pretty short though only taking 10 hours to beat but it really wasnt as bad as what some people were saying.

• 3 months later...