Why is there so much hate for this game?

srspsn

Okay, admittedly the game isn't visually fantastic, the gameplay isn't great and the story is non existant but I don't understand why people are so quick to critise it. If you follow the brilliantly descripted walkthrough & use the monster strategy guide it's as easy as pie to Platinum. I got the Platinum within 12 hours gameplay and could of gone quicker if I got my act together. But I just don't see why people dislike it so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Haters gonna hate, so ignore them and enjoy this game. In my opinion, the game is good but it's too short and easy.

It's not even that. There's just more wrong/off with this game then there's right.

One glaring situation is how status effects work upon you. It seems like 90% of the time it just inhibits you which makes it extremely annoying (Gravity, paralyze, stun to name a few). The best part, is that they stack.

The 2nd aspect, is that the design of the challenge gets thrown out the window when you encounter in battles, when you find out the pattern to critically affect them, it's just essentially resorted to Calling it and rinse and repeat more or less. Granted other RPGs have that type of "weakness" system as well, but the feeling of the fights feel just dead.

Also the keys....who thought that it was a good idea to force that mechanic on every single chest, and 5 of them each when the enemies drop odd numbered amounts of them.

There's other aspects I can touch on (dungeon design, story, etc) but I would be typing up paragraphs. Overall it doesn't feel well designed among a lot of things.

Edited by Kagosin