Is the story that bad?

MMDE

Ey

I recently purchased this game, but put it on hold, as I got some other games to complete as well, but now I'm about to play this game...

Is the story that bad?

Should I skip everything I can to avoid it?

Is there nothing compelling about it?

Anyone who can compare it to something else, so I kind of can get the feeling of how bad it is?

Any good examples on why everyone say the story is so bad?

My conclusion after beating the game is that the game doesn't even try to have a serious story whatsoever. Once you realize this, and how silly it really is, then it's quite entertaining and fun. The story itself isn't really that bad either, just executed in a way that makes it all so obvious that they are not at all trying to tell a serious story.

Edited by MMDE

The story isn't really bad. It's just not going to wow you. The story scenes are skipable. The voice acting for the most part is good even if the main character is whiny.

If you want a wow factor JRPG on PS3 for story, get something like Ar tonelico III, or even something like the Atelier series especially Totori.

hehe, you still lurk this forum? =o

and you already told me that earlier! ;o

I'm thinking I might enjoy this game a little bit! :)

And I'm tempted at buying Trinity : Souls of Zill O'll once it's price drops a little! ;)

Edited by MMDE

hehe, you still lurk this forum? =o

and you already told me that earlier! ;o

I'm thinking I might enjoy this game a little bit! :)

And I'm tempted at buying Trinity : Souls of Zill O'll once it's price drops a little! ;)

I pretty much visit any JRPG or visual novel thread except for Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Chronicles since I don't really like those games.

I think Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll recently had a price drop unless you're waiting for it to be even cheaper.

I pretty much visit any JRPG or visual novel thread except for Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Chronicles since I don't really like those games.

I think Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll recently had a price drop unless you're waiting for it to be even cheaper.

Well it costs £17.85 where I can get it, which it has for quite some months now... Kinda want it to drop more down to like under 15! :p

FFXIII wasn't terrible, it just wasn't anything of what I loved with the old games.

Also, I just tried the Last Rebellion game, just did the first two opponents... damn that battle lasted long, thought it would take forever, couldn't tell if they got weaker. Almost up at 500 bonus! xD

Edited by MMDE

Well it costs £17.85 where I can get it, which it has for quite some months now... Kinda want it to drop more down to like under 15! :p

FFXIII wasn't terrible, it just wasn't anything of what I loved with the old games.

Also, I just tried the Last Rebellion game, just did the first two opponents... damn that battle lasted long, thought it would take forever, couldn't tell if they got weaker. Almost up at 500 bonus! xD

The beginning battles take awhile since you're low on your stats. Once you gain lots of high bonuses from enemies, your stats go way up and then you become almost like a god.

trinity soul o lol is 1 of the best rpgs i played

ontopic: this game is easy if u follow the guide. quick and easy plat

for the story i actually enjoyed it. i was expecting it was gonna be bad but i really liked it more then the bad reviews sayed

trinity soul o lol is 1 of the best rpgs i played

ontopic: this game is easy if u follow the guide. quick and easy plat

for the story i actually enjoyed it. i was expecting it was gonna be bad but i really liked it more then the bad reviews sayed

offtopic (lol): how long did it take to platinum trinity soul? I don't have the time to play games as much as I used to anymore. (university) There isn't much info about the game here on PS3T....

The beginning battles take awhile since you're low on your stats. Once you gain lots of high bonuses from enemies, your stats go way up and then you become almost like a god.

I will be looking forward to become god!

I think the enemy data is vital to not get bored to death in this game!

Edited by MMDE

I can already tell why people think the story is so horrible! lol

Not exactly the best opening I've ever seen.

I've started to get the hang of power leveling. It should be done against many strong opponents, and then I just drag out the match against one last enemy till I get 999 bonus. :p Leveled up 3 levels after one battle! haha

Anyways, I got so bored of the game already that I had to take a break! ;\

The fact that I should sell it soon, to not lose a lot of money will keep me pushing on for the platinum very soon! :p

I already have doubts about following the story, but I'm afraid I'm going to get confused if I don't.

Edited by MMDE

offtopic (lol): how long did it take to platinum trinity soul? I don't have the time to play games as much as I used to anymore. (university) There isn't much info about the game here on PS3T....

I will be looking forward to become god!

I think the enemy data is vital to not get bored to death in this game!

i think it take around 40 to 50 hours to plat trinity soul o lol. just do al quest with cutscenes and max al ur skills and u will plat it. for level 99 fight dragonriff in area with the exp item u get from defeating a boss in 50 floor dungeon. i cleared the dungeon at level 60 by running through al levels. the only hard part was the last boss in dungeon because he does heavy damage. but as long if u have 5 heal items (5 is max) and 5 revive u should make it. if u really want its easier get to level 99 first.

ps: oh yeah equip the exp item on the ally the ps3 controls. he wont lose health. i fight until i saw the triangle. and before i pressed l1 and r1 i changed to my charakter who was wearing it. u should earn a level in max 2 dragonrif defeated. (mostly 1 dragon riffs let u level up also when ur 70). it took me very long to reach level 60 but once i cleared the dungeon (level 65 i was) it took me only 5 hours to reach 99. and between 65 and 99 is bigger then 1 to 65

also fight with dagda.

ps: dont worry about missing a trophy but only 1 thing is missable (possible u get it on later stage of the game i not sure). if u fight to reigh in the arena dont lose. if u lose reload

ontopic: anyway yeah the story isnt that great but i loved it more then the bad reviews said. but its not the best story out there in rpgs. (its very weak story but i found it better then they sayed)

edit in comparing with trinity soul o lol this game is pure garbage

Edited by Hogger

lol, the story is still kind of silly.

At least now I beat the first boss that gives you a trophy! :)

EDIT: I liked killing the boss btw! This game isn't that bad, just can be a bit bothering and boring. I was on level 11 when I fought it though, and it went down easily.

Edited by MMDE

I wonder if there's something wrong with my taste or people just like to exaggerate. Cause this game wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would turn out. The fact that I've read so many bad comments about it always withheld me from buying the game but since I saw my cousin bought it, I loaned it from him as the rpg fan that I am.

And can't say I regret loaning it at all. I actually enjoyed the game, I do agree with Shuffe when he says it ain't nothing special. But still, nowhere close to something that gave me a headache or where after 1 hour I wanted to put the game of. And the dialogue being so cheesy at times actually made me laugh, just like Nine's arrogance. Is it me or is Nine a tsundere? What I've enjoyed even the most was the battle system, figuring out the patterns from the mobs.

I wonder if there's something wrong with my taste or people just like to exaggerate. Cause this game wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would turn out. The fact that I've read so many bad comments about it always withheld me from buying the game but since I saw my cousin bought it, I loaned it from him as the rpg fan that I am.

And can't say I regret loaning it at all. I actually enjoyed the game, I do agree with Shuffe when he says it ain't nothing special. But still, nowhere close to something that gave me a headache or where after 1 hour I wanted to put the game of. And the dialogue being so cheesy at times actually made me laugh, just like Nine's arrogance. Is it me or is Nine a tsundere? What I've enjoyed even the most was the battle system, figuring out the patterns from the mobs.

Yeah, I like the game a bit more now! lol

The story is very silly....

EDIT:

If anyone wonders, I'm on level 23. I went up 6 levels in 2 battles against normal enemies! xD

And the story is still very silly!

2nd EDIT:

I got platinum now, and the story was quite silly. It wasn't that bad once you realize it's supposed to be that way. This game was very easy and short too.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

I just started this today, and I'm actually really enjoying it a lot.

Accidentally stumbled across this bit of info though... If you get a 30 hit combo with no interuptions, say 15 hits with each character you automatically get the 999 bonus. I done it once on a group of 3 of the white ghost things in the first area out of your home. Now everything's giving me 1 to 5 exp it seems.

Besides the fact that I have to push X to advance the dialog every two seconds I haven't found anything I really dislike about the game. I think people usually take on an opinion based on reviews or something and even if they could like a game they have already decided that they aren't going to like it much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The story is pretty interesting honestly, but the execution is terrible. I'm enjoying the game enough, as I find the battle system to be a little bit fun and sort of like the character design, but the real problem lies in it's terrible never ending dialogue that is all made to take so long that it is padding the game. No one ever just says yes, they put in a forced verbal conflict with every situation and it makes nothing better.

Still, it's an easy platinum and I'm really enjoying it, whenever characters shut their traps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched the first couple of cutscenes, and that was enough for me. The opening cutscene (post-prologue boss fight) is absolutely ridiculous. Your brother turns on you, kills your father, zombifies him, makes him kill you, then kills the father again, and then a girl comes along and makes you join souls with her so you can continue to live. If you can get through that sentence without laughing, I suppose you'll like the story. Although how you'll like the main character just grunting "Ungh..." to getting STABBED THROUGH THE GUT, I don't know.

I watched the first couple of cutscenes, and that was enough for me. The opening cutscene (post-prologue boss fight) is absolutely ridiculous. Your brother turns on you, kills your father, zombifies him, makes him kill you, then kills the father again, and then a girl comes along and makes you join souls with her so you can continue to live. If you can get through that sentence without laughing, I suppose you'll like the story. Although how you'll like the main character just grunting "Ungh..." to getting STABBED THROUGH THE GUT, I don't know.

You are not supposed to take the story seriously...

As you yourself said, it's ridiculous, and that's the point.

The main character has this "cool" image, being a rebellion, he pretends he doesn't care about anything or anyone.

Still it's all just for the laughs, have you ever experienced a similar opening before? =P

Edited by MMDE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've enjoyed it. Seriously, no joke. After seeing really bad/boring stories in RPGs like Amalur Reckoning, the last TriAce games, or most of the average shooters (tps or fps), I liked both the story and the characters. The story is quite understandable with a few turning points. The protagonists are a cliche, but not so repulsive as in SO4 or so bland/boring as the Reckoning characters.