Any Tips for the Final Boss

Miguel_Zorro

I tried rushing him and that failed miserably. What worked for me was using my shield and triangle. When I hit triangle I would mash it a couple times and spin away from wherever I was standing to avoid the lightning. When I finished with the little guys I would mash R1 and then rush him. Just mashed square, ran away, ran back, mashed square. Total hit and run. I took my time and picked up every heart I saw, killing the little guys helped. I got all the trophies yesterday afternoon on my third try of killing him (not counting the glitches). Super easy, just be patient.

• 1 month later...
I tried rushing him and that failed miserably. What worked for me was using my shield and triangle. When I hit triangle I would mash it a couple times and spin away from wherever I was standing to avoid the lightning. When I finished with the little guys I would mash R1 and then rush him. Just mashed square, ran away, ran back, mashed square. Total hit and run. I took my time and picked up every heart I saw, killing the little guys helped. I got all the trophies yesterday afternoon on my third try of killing him (not counting the glitches). Super easy, just be patient.

I don't know what you're talking about. Did we play the same game?

Pressing the triangle a "couple of times" does not spin you away from the lightening. There's such a long delay between triangle attacks that it just turns you into lightening bait. Also as soon as I get close enough to hit the boss he fires a shot which knocks me away. I'm pretty sure my shield does not block his wand attack.

No one has posted a video of a good technique to use against this guy.

• 2 months later...

My tip would be to play aggressively when the lightning goes out (obviously do your best to avoid the lightning to conserve health!). Once the boss appears, rush him with the R1 dash and mash attack with Square combo. If a lot of undead are around, use also the L1+Triangle spin attack for area-of-effect attack.

The more you attack/kill, the more hearts will drop, which will keep your health up.

I failed the boss 2 times because I started on low health due to the traps, but the first time I killed the boss, I got the time bonus as well.