Lucky Japanese

Jonex

got no clue what it is, but I love adventure games and I love anime, so it would be an awesome game! sure hope somebody will be nice enough to make a guide so we can play it:D

Visual novels always go under the Adventure genre. I would love to make a guide for it, but my copy doesn't arrive until The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya limited edition comes out and i'm sure some forum members on here would of already platted it by then.

Edited by Shuffle

That's almost exactly how I think about whether or not to buy these games, with the exception that they're usually quite expensive, being imports and all :/

The game is a pretty simple plat! 13 hours or so to complete , so shouldn't be concern if wanting to keep or sell . Most likely going to sell my copy after completion .

Like Keima Katsuragi (from The World God only Knows) once said, the bevy of dating sim games usually signal the end of a console's lifespan. I hope that is not true at all.

Considering how many dating sim visual novels as well as dating sim RPGs that are on game consoles and handhelds, I don't think there's any need to worry about that.

That's almost exactly how I think about whether or not to buy these games, with the exception that they're usually quite expensive, being imports and all :/

I'm sure i've explained this on this site before, but it's not the importing that makes these Japanese games expensive. They're just expensive because the yen is really weak in Japan right now, and so products have become really expensive over there. Importing sites just use whatever the exchange rate in your country is, with comparing it to the Japanese exchange rate, but also add in a few dollars extra so that the importing site can get at least some profit.

I'm sure i've explained this on this site before, but it's not the importing that makes these Japanese games expensive. They're just expensive because the yen is really weak in Japan right now, and so products have become really expensive over there. Importing sites just use whatever the exchange rate in your country is, with comparing it to the Japanese exchange rate, but also add in a few dollars extra so that the importing site can get at least some profit.

Thanks for this, but I do realise that lol :rolleyes:

Like Keima Katsuragi (from The World God only Knows) once said, the bevy of dating sim games usually signal the end of a console's lifespan. I hope that is not true at all.

Thankfully there's only two at this point, at least with trophies... L@ve Once: Mermaid's Tears and White Album ~綴られる冬の思い出~.

After not one, but *two* unfortunate delays in shipping, I'll finally have this (and Catherine) on Wednesday... Maybe I should write a Trophy Guide? :p

Thankfully there's only two at this point, at least with trophies... L@ve Once: Mermaid's Tears and White Album ~綴られる冬の思い出~.

After not one, but *two* unfortunate delays in shipping, I'll finally have this (and Catherine) on Wednesday... Maybe I should write a Trophy Guide? :p

You defo should!

Well , the trophies consist of good / bad endings of each character , 100% CG photos , All routes , & All scenarios. so , shouldn't be difficult w/ route guide to chose .

I really wish we could get games like this translated for Western markets. I'd love to play games like this but importing is the only option, and I can't read Japanese so I'd need to use a guide, which completely defeats the purpose :(

I wish a company would grow a pair and bring over this game to North America. I think it would actually sell since there's no games at all like this over here.

• 3 months later...
I really wish we could get games like this translated for Western markets. I'd love to play games like this but importing is the only option, and I can't read Japanese so I'd need to use a guide, which completely defeats the purpose :(

I wish a company would grow a pair and bring over this game to North America. I think it would actually sell since there's no games at all like this over here.

When something as western marketable as Heavy Rain can't break 2 million without tons of marketing and backing by Sony, a niche Japanese game that'd not get anywhere near as much marketing has no chance of making profits, I'd think maybe an anime with a fairly sizeable fanbase in the West like Haruhi would manage to generate some kind of profit but I doubt we'll get her VN PS3 game here so something unknown like this would have no chance.

I'd be more than happy if we got a translated script for these games so people like me who like to know what's going on would be able to import and refer to the script online.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 1 year later...