Knytt Underground (PS3 & Vita)

PS3 or Vita?

dmsdq

What system are you (mostly) using for Knytt?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What system are you (mostly) using for Knytt?

• PS3
    • Vita

Just curious what you guys are playing Knytt on.

Personally, this works much better as a Vita game since much of the detail is smaller. Having it in my hands as opposed to across the room helps me work through it. Plus it just feels like a Vita game, I guess. But that's just me. What are you using and why? ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using a Vita now and that was my vote...but I have one hang up about the controls of the game that may push me on to the PS3. The touch screens are assigned the same task as the L and R buttons so touching the front screen triggers a power up or magnet in ball form and the back screen turns Mi in and out of a ball. For most of the game this is manageable, but for Falu Kohe its become a bit frustrating and forces me to hold the Vita in an awkward way that cramps up my hands. If I can get through the 15 challenges without throwing my Vita, then I will continue, otherwise I may move to the PS3 to finish it off.

I agree with the OP though. This game really does feel like its better fit for the Vita, especially with the exploration and long patches of work without a trophy. It is better as a hand held game that can be played in spurts or for hours. The moments of beautiful floral scenery pops on the OLED better than it probably would on my 720p HD TV

• 3 weeks later...
Using a Vita now and that was my vote...but I have one hang up about the controls of the game that may push me on to the PS3. The touch screens are assigned the same task as the L and R buttons so touching the front screen triggers a power up or magnet in ball form and the back screen turns Mi in and out of a ball. For most of the game this is manageable, but for Falu Kohe its become a bit frustrating and forces me to hold the Vita in an awkward way that cramps up my hands. If I can get through the 15 challenges without throwing my Vita, then I will continue, otherwise I may move to the PS3 to finish it off.

This is exactly my position. I was loving my Vita until this challenge. I am getting more and more frustrated with how tiny hands you must have to completely avoid touching the backscreen, and also very annoyed that there is no system (or game) setting to disable the ****ing thing.

I am buying grips but I think I'll finish Jejobo Redy and the rest of the challenges and game on the PS3.

• 1 month later...