Complete Item Guide + How to get Spirit Cannon!

Valcryst

Here we are, I managed to get every Lost Page, Accessory and Spell, except the one in Episode 6 because of the Bug, but including the *du du duuun* Spirit Cannon.

Here's the complete list, please note that names may be slight different since I'm playing in Italian.

I'll describe with Numbers the ones that count during stage total, and with the "Extra" label the others that you unlock when finish that episode or savin Minukelsus, etc.

EPISODE 1

1. LOST PAGE (Heinrich) - Break the little snow mountain in the second zombie area.

2. LOST PAGE (Undead) - Inside a crate near save point.

3. LOST PAGE (Witchcraft) - Inside another crate in the Straeggle area.

4. LOST PAGE (Undead 2) - After Gretchen summons the thorns go back when the save point was, a thorn ladder will be there, allowing you to reach a previously unaccessible section of a building. Break a crate there.

EPISODE 2

1. LOST PAGE (Straeggle) - During chase, on the left (you WILL see it, but be careful about the boss ram).

2. LOST PAGE (Sword Knight) - Inside a breakable item during the boss fight (right of the entrance).

3. LOST PAGE (Shield Knight) - Same area, another breakable item, but opposite corner.

Extra - SPELL (Colchis Trap) - Finish Episode

Extra - Berserk Mode - Finish Episode

Extra - Witch Embrace - Finish Episode

EPISODE 3

1. LOST PAGE (Gretchen) - Break stalagmites after you leave the first fight area.

2. LOST PAGE (Knights Contract) - Near water after the first fight with Magical Wolves.

3. LOST PAGE (Minukelsus) - Near the collapsed bridge, can't miss it.

4. LOST PAGE (Mutated Streaeggle) - It's inside a breakable tree, after you climb the fist set of thorns and have to fight 2 Knights.

5. ACCESSORY (Vitality Seal) - When you defeat the big tree monster, near the end of the episode, turn back and climb the thorns that will lead you to an upper platform.

Extra - SPELL (Enoch Hammer) - Save Minukelsus

EPISODE 4

1. LOST PAGE (Drendlord or whatever the big tree men are called) - After saving Gretchen go behind where she was and drop down, it's inside some breakable ice.

2. LOST PAGE (Hammer Knight) - You'll find it after fighting the 6 knights wave inside a cave.

3. LOST PAGE (Ice Phantom) - When you drop down near the Save Point there's another rock from where you can drop down, that will take you back to the very first area. You'll find this Lost Page only AFTER falling down, since it's inside the rocks.

4. ACCESSORY (Pact Seal) - After a long snake tunnel and fighting some knights (again) there's a cave that will lead you outside in an isolated area. The accessory is lying there (you know you missed it if you made it to the fight with 2 big tree men without it).

EPISODE 5

1. LOST PAGE (Dendrils, or whatever the tree men are called) - After the first snake, inside breakable trees on the right.

2. LOST PAGE (Magical Wolves) - After the second snake, inside breakable trees.

3. LOST PAGE (Ice Snake) - After the third snake.

4- LOST PAGE (Trude) - When fighting her, will appear between the 2 snakes.

Extra - SPELL (Schnitter Blade) - Finish Episode

Extra - WEAPON UPGRADE (Lv.2) - Finish Episode

EPISODE 6

1. LOST PAGE (Magmite) - Near the first water gate you raise.

2. LOST PAGE (Fire Phantom) - After defeating the first golem, in the sewers.

3. LOST PAGE (Magma Golem) - Far end of the sewers (final section, before approaching the tower, you know you'll be on the right path when you see the loading screen as you enter).

4. ACCESSORY (Magic Seal) - Other end of the sewers mentioned above, after the fight with 4 Fire Phantoms.

5. SPELL (Thannauser's Illusion) - Same area, climb the looong ladder to the isolated section of the city.

I can't reach this because of the infamous bug :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2fZhVAXYkI]YouTube - Knights Contract - Episode 6 Ladder Bug/Glitch[/ame]

Extra - SPELL (Mar's Lance) - Save Minukelsus

EPISODE 7

1. LOST PAGE (Inquisition) - Behind the Magma Golem in the very first area.

2. ACCESSORY (Life Seal) - On the raised platform...be ready to fight after you collect it...

3. LOST PAGE (Holda) - Located in one of the roof corners, during the first phase of the boss fight.

EPISODE 8

1. LOST PAGE (Faust) - On the right side of the bridge when fighting the FIRST generator.

EPISODE 9

1. LOST PAGE (Electric Phantom) - After the first fight with spiders, in one of the corners.

2. LOST PAGE (Arachnid) - Break the third big wine barrel.

3. LOST PAGE (Anima Mundi) - Unlock the first gate that leads back to the birst area, and after the thorns appear climb the wall there.

4. SPELL (Hildebrand Sword) - In the area where you have to save Minukelsus there's a narrow corridor in front of the stairs; reach the upper balcony and collect it.

5. LOST PAGE (The 7 Witches) - When you come back in the area to open the gate (after the sewers section) open the big doors in front of the stairs (near the narrow corridor of item 4) and break some items there.

Extra - ACCESSORY +1 (Witch's Testament) - Save Minukelsus.

EPISODE 10

1. LOST PAGE (Rapunzel) - Break the tree that is on the raised squared platform, after or during the fight with Trendula.

2. LOST PAGE (Trendula) - Near the first hole in the wall she makes with her punch.

3. LOST PAGE (Sword-wielding Silver Knight) - Break the last statue on the right in the corridor where you have to fight 3 Phantoms and various Knights.

4. ACCESSORY (Executioner Seal) - Beore leaving the tower, unmissable.

EPISODE 11

1. LOST PAGE (Golden Knight) - After defeating him.

2. LOST PAGE (Spider-Form Rapunzel) - During the fight with her.

Extra - WEAPON UPGRADE (Lv. 3) - Finish Episode

EPISODE 12

1. LOST PAGE (Dimensional Ghost) - Reach the top of the stairway when in the twisted castle instead of entering the corridor.

2. LOST PAGE (Black Plague) - After the "sewers" area there's a black gate, DON'T use it yet, proceed through the corridor and fight in the room ahead.

3. LOST PAGE (Paracelsus' Sword) - During the Golden Knight chase.

EPISODE 13

1. LOST PAGE (Shielded Silver Knight) - In the lower path at the beginng, which circles around and takes you back in the first area through the big doors.

2. ACCESSORY (Sage's Seal) - In the first twisted sewers, the very end.

3. ACCESSORY (Rage's Seal) - In the second twisted sewers, the very end.

4. SPELL (Elizabeth's Thorns) - On the snow cliff, the same as Item 5 of Episode 3).

EPISODE 14

1. LOST PAGE (Mace-wielding Silver Knight) - When you have to fight the Golden Knight in the "astral world".

2. LOST PAGE (Dimensional Guardian) - You'll get it automatically after rescuing Minukelsus.

3. LOST PAGE (Gretchen's Shade) - In the corner of the room where you fight her.

Extra - ACESSORY (Unity's Tome) - Finish Episode

EPISODE 15

1. ACCESSORY (Soul's Seal) - When you have to fight the 4 Phantoms in the "astral world". You should have every accessory at this point.

2. SPELL (Phantom Rain) - After riding the elevator in the twisted tower drop down in the stair section unaccessible from the base, and reach the top.

3. LOST PAGE (Heinrich's Shade) - In the corner of the room where you fight him.

EPISODE 16

1. LOST PAGE (Verderinde) - On the edge of the platform where you fight her.

EPISODE 17

1. LOST PAGE (Rock Entity) - Check the Map after reaching the Save Point, you'll notice a little area on the right; approach it and climb the thorns that will appear. Proceed outside and collect it.

EPISODE 18

1. LOST PAGE (Homunculus) - Lower section of the map, room on the left with Knights Statues.

2. LOST PAGE (Alchemic Cradle) - In the big room where you have to fight 4 Knights AND 1 Golden Knight; break the central armor on the left.

3. LOST PAGE (Rock Golem) - After the golem "chase" turn back and climb the thorns, it's in the upper area.

4. LOST PAGE (Soul Hunter) - In one of the very last rooms of the level, again with 6 statues; break the central-right one as you enter.

EPISODE 19

1. LOST PAGE (Giant Homunculus) - Just turn back as soon as the episode starts.

2. LOST PAGE (Mutated Faust) - During the second part of the boss fight.

EPISODE 20

1. LOST PAGE (Reincarnated Verderinde) - Same here, during the second part of the boss fight.

Extra - SPELL (Kaspar's Rifle) - Finish the Game (I got it on Squire)

Extra - COSTUMES (100 years ago Set) - Finish the Game (I got it on Squire)

Extra - SPELL (Spirit Cannon) - Beat the final boss with already at least S ranking in every episode. You must get S ranking in the last episode too, of course.

Note that you WON'T get it if you beat the final boss with even one A remaining and then you clear that stage with S.

If you do so you have to beat the last boss again after getting the last S!

It is possible to do it on Squire too :dance: :applause:

Hope this guide helped, have fun!

I was actually thinking of making a collectibles guide - I'm glad you beat me to it so that I don't have to do all that typing!

And I had a feeling that the Spirit Cannon would be unlocked by getting all S ranks on any difficulty. I've been doing that on Page, and I actually have S+ ranks on every level except for Episode 14, where there is an upward-sloping path you have to take (as Heinrich) and which gets bombed by lava-rocks - I cannot not get hit by one of those things and, thus, can only get an A on the level because I always have one death! Very frustrating...

As for the TC's weird ladder glitch...I'm going to make a suggestion which may seem obvious, but it also could be something so obvious that it is easily overlooked; also, I have no way of knowing whether or not it will actually have any effect...There are two areas above ground with two different sewer lids; the first one you have to stop the lava flowing and then go back and use that entrance to get into the sewer; the second one, however, you don't use that sewer entrance to get to the area where you are glitching (or, rather, you don't have to); so, have you removed the lid to that second sewer? If you don't remove it while you're there, you won't return to it later (like you do with the first sewer lid), because of the lower entrance to the same area. In the game there are certain things that act as activators for certain other things, and maybe you need to remove that second sewer lid in order to reach the area that you're glitching on (in other words, removing the 2nd lid might be the switch that allows you to access that area you can't reach). Like I said, I have no way of knowing whether this has any bearing on the situation, because I didn't suffer from that glitch, but it might be worth trying out, barring any rational explanation as to why that weird glitch would happen to you.

This has helped me an awful lot. Thank you very much for posting this Valcryst you are a gentleman, scholar and damn fine gamer. ;)

JvK B)

Thanks Jared ;)

I'm glad to contribute, since this forum is the best resource for trophies and game guides!

I was actually thinking of making a collectibles guide - I'm glad you beat me to it so that I don't have to do all that typing!

And I had a feeling that the Spirit Cannon would be unlocked by getting all S ranks on any difficulty. I've been doing that on Page, and I actually have S+ ranks on every level except for Episode 14, where there is an upward-sloping path you have to take (as Heinrich) and which gets bombed by lava-rocks - I cannot not get hit by one of those things and, thus, can only get an A on the level because I always have one death! Very frustrating...

As for the TC's weird ladder glitch...I'm going to make a suggestion which may seem obvious, but it also could be something so obvious that it is easily overlooked; also, I have no way of knowing whether or not it will actually have any effect...There are two areas above ground with two different sewer lids; the first one you have to stop the lava flowing and then go back and use that entrance to get into the sewer; the second one, however, you don't use that sewer entrance to get to the area where you are glitching (or, rather, you don't have to); so, have you removed the lid to that second sewer? If you don't remove it while you're there, you won't return to it later (like you do with the first sewer lid), because of the lower entrance to the same area. In the game there are certain things that act as activators for certain other things, and maybe you need to remove that second sewer lid in order to reach the area that you're glitching on (in other words, removing the 2nd lid might be the switch that allows you to access that area you can't reach). Like I said, I have no way of knowing whether this has any bearing on the situation, because I didn't suffer from that glitch, but it might be worth trying out, barring any rational explanation as to why that weird glitch would happen to you.

About Episode 14, I know that section is frustrating, but there's a trick; walk a bit on the narrow path until rocks start falling, then WAIT because a couple of them will fall near you (you should notice wich ones). Start running after they fall, and from half-way onward you should notice that rocks will "follow" you faster than you can run. Try to run BACK avoiding one of them, once they reach the top of the path they will start falling from the base again!

I was even hit by one of them near the top and I managed to survive!

As for the lids, that's an interesting theory! I really can't remember if I tried that since I tried EVERYTHING, from activating Berserk Form to use every spell...I even erased every game data when I was at Episode 13 (Hexen Knight!!) and started again...but I'll give it a try!

If it works you'll became my personal hero :D

About Episode 14, I know that section is frustrating, but there's a trick; walk a bit on the narrow path until rocks start falling, then WAIT because a couple of them will fall near you (you should notice wich ones). Start running after they fall, and from half-way onward you should notice that rocks will "follow" you faster than you can run. Try to run BACK avoiding one of them, once they reach the top of the path they will start falling from the base again!

I was even hit by one of them near the top and I managed to survive!

As for the lids, that's an interesting theory! I really can't remember if I tried that since I tried EVERYTHING, from activating Berserk Form to use every spell...I even erased every game data when I was at Episode 13 (Hexen Knight!!) and started again...but I'll give it a try!

If it works you'll became my personal hero :D

Thanks for the tips on ep. 14, I'll try them out. What makes it especially irritating is that I made it through that area with no deaths on Knight but can't do it on Page! And having no save point up until then means having to replay the first 8-10 minutes of the level each time you die. But, again, I'll try out what you've suggested.

As for the lid theory: I hope I didn't get your hopes up unrealistically; the reason I suggested it is that I had no problem getting to the area and revisiting it each time I've done that level (while farming souls), and I know for a fact that I've removed both sewer lids each time I've done the level despite not making use of the entrance beneath the second one. Anyways, for your sake, I hope that helps, because that is one weird glitch you've encountered.

There is no lid on that particular hole. That is the problem.

I'm not talking about the ladder up to the area with the collectible; I'm talking about the 2nd sewer lid that is above ground which you find after defeating a giant lava monster on your way to turning the last valve of the level.

So, just out of curiosity, I tried out the lid theory in reverse; in other words, I tried to glitch myself out of the glitchy area by not removing the second sewer lid, but it didn't work - I can get to the area in question without any problems every time I play the level. This truly is a weird glitch; I wonder how many other people are suffering from it...

Nice, now all I need is some tips on defeating Holda.... Bitch keeps knocking Gretchen off the building, or into the fire.:|...

The first Holda stage outside is pretty easy to stay safe during, as her attack patterns are always the same and easy to dodge; you should only have to worry about her final "slam" attack which has a wide radius.

On the platform, there are a couple of basic tips: if you attack her furiously and do a lot of damage quickly she'll get more and more fiery (in other words, her body will emit more fire); in order to "cool her down", use the trap spell - if you catch her with it, it will extinguish a lot of her flames, which is important because the more she burns the greater the radius of her lava-creating spear attack, so always try to cool her down if you get a lot of hits in; and as for that lava-creating attack: it almost always extends out from her in 4 points: straight ahead and back, right and left, so get away from her when she's going to use it and angle yourself in a way that you'll stand between the fissures she creates.

As for not getting knocked off the platform: as soon as Holda jumps off of the platform herself, pick up Gretchen (this is why it's important to not let Holda get too fiery and create a ton of lava), run as far back on the platform as you possibly can so that it will tilt up and you'll be able to get a full view of it; now wait for the first ray of light to appear and run forward to the other side of the platform, but keeping an eye out for the odd ray of light that might fall in your path. Running to the back of the platform will almost always make the bulk of the lava-rocks fall back there, but if you're slow when you move to the front a couple will fall in your path which you should be able to avoid if you're attentive.

I don't know what difficulty you're playing on or if you've beaten the game yet, but, eventually, any combination of Colchis' Trap 3/Maar's Lance 3 and Kaspar's Rifle will make short work of Holda and any boss up until the final two.

I managed to get the glitched collectibles on the 6th level.

i'm not sure if this will help but this is how i had my character/ game up to that point

no upgrades bought, no costume changes

was wearing a item for health

on easiest difficulty

i did use contnues on the level

i got to the level in one playthrough.

I am having a lot of trouble getting the last item on Episode 13 Elizebeth's Thorns. I get to the area and I fight a load of homonculus's but the level ends before I can look for the item. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Its okay I just found it. I was looking in the wrong area. It is in the area where you fight the lighting wraith things when you first arive in the frozen area.

JvK B)

Edited by Jared van Kell

great help mate thanks i have tip for harder modes if u have witches ultimate weapon and lv 3 javelin mells rose and trap u r unstoppable 1 hit from javelin and 1 hit from ultimate weapon and bosses r no more just leaves annoying button presses and that is with half recharge time and extra spell power accessories equipt hope this helps people abit i can not believe how easy it is now well worth getting s ranks before hexen AND HIGHER:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From what I've been told, you have to S rank on Squire difficulty or higher to get the cannon.

• 4 months later...

Videos for the collectibles:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8upRZazOyY]Knights Contract Collectibles Episodes 1 - 4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lk8n99wxY]Knights Contract Collectibles Episodes 5 - 10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1lGreVNNG8]Knights Contract Collectibles Episodes 11 - 15 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-U0D_NzG_Q]Knights Contract Collectibles Episodes 16 - 20 - YouTube[/ame]

Unlocking the Spirit Cannon and a comparison of its damage on the top 3 difficulties.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgh84fZuZnw]Knights Contract - The Witch's Ultimate Weapon Trophy / Spirit Cannon Difficulty Comparison - YouTube[/ame]