Rate the trophy difficulty...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...

didnt platinum this yet or vote, but its a 9 for frustration level and about a 5 for actual difficulty. you must S rank all levels to get a weapon thats required for a trophy as well. but really its the QTEs that suck. u have a billionth of a second it seems to enter it and if u fail u got beat the boss again.

Edited by yowzagabowza

I haven't voted yet because I'm currently on ep. 18 of Hexen Knight difficulty and have totally run out of steam - I ran into a bit of a snafu getting the Witch's Ultimate Weapon, so my Hexen Knight playthrough is actually my fourth and I've grown aggressively bored with the game, so I need to take a bit of a break. Anyways, I saw this

i voted 10 for this i have been stuck on fausts qte on witch slayer for 10 ours what a joke:mad::mad

and was kind of floored.

10 hours!?! I have to say, I find this almost impossible to believe. I didn't notice any difference between the QTEs from Knight to Hexen Knight, and, actually, I haven't failed a single QTE on Hexen Knight so far. How much of a difference can there really be between Hexen Knight and Witch Slayer? Like I said, I didn't notice a difference between Knight and Hexen Knight, so I can't imagine the jump from Hexen Knight to Witch Slayer is that severe.

Anyways, having basically finished Hexen Knight and only having Witch Slayer to complete, I'm currently leaning towards a 3 or 4 in difficulty - the hardest thing in the game is doing your first playthrough on Knight without any or many upgrades; 18 episodes of Hexen Knight have taken me maybe 3 hours to play (if that, even) so, again, I can't really imagine Witch Slayer being that much worse. Add to that the ease of finding most collectibles, the totally destructive power of the Spirit Cannon...yeah, right now, for me, this is a 3 or 4...Guess I'll wait for Witch Slayer QTEs before casting my vote, though.

• 4 weeks later...

i was stuck on faust for a long ass time too. hes got the most qte to enter, and if u fail one, u die and have to start over. not half-way over like the rest of the bosses, all the way over. plus ur attacks do little damage, if any. i cant see how u havent failed ANY qte yet, hexen difficulty had very short imput windows too. im just glad i got the stupid plat and can finally play something else.

i cant see how u havent failed ANY qte yet, hexen difficulty had very short imput windows too.

In all honesty, and despite what a lot of people are saying, I haven't had any issues with mashing the button inputs prior to them appearing on-screen and having the game read them - even the R1 input can be mashed; the only input that has to be timed (for me, at any rate) are the left-stick inputs. Although, I should say that "mashed" isn't really an accurate way to describe what I've been doing: it's more like a rapid, shallow, long-fingernail'd tapping:p.

And, yes, it's lame having to do the Faust fight multiple times if you fail (I have a QTE glitch making that necessary), but I have no problem with taking him down in about 3 minutes on Hexen Knight; in fact, with all spells upgraded, 3 minutes is about the longest boss fight I've had on Hexen Knight - regular enemies (annoyingly) take way longer than any of the bosses...

• 1 month later...

After 4 playthroughs and a handful of glitches - one of which necessitated 3 more playthroughs; yeah, that's right, count 'em: 7 playthroughs - I have finally platinum'd this game. And after seven playthroughs, QTE hell (err, actually, not really - see below), and cheap death after cheap death, I'm voting the difficulty as...a 4.

I guess I have a blessed index finger or something, but even on Witch Slayer I didn't have the problems everyone else seems to have had with the QTEs: for some reason - and despite never having had a problem with her before - I had to do the Trendula QTE about 10 times on Witch Slayer (all in one life, though), but I didn't have to do any of the other ones (including Faust's second form) more than 2 or 3 times. Maybe the universe was karmically balancing out the frustration the game had previously piled onto me by bequeathing unto me the most efficacious and razor-sharp sense of anticpation ever possessed by an attempter of the dreaded seven-input-quick-time-event. Mmm, or something like that. Or whatever. Anyways, I just never really had a problem with them.

And, apart from the two chapters where you're stuck shepherding that little bastard Minukelsus to untimely death after untimely death (28 retries on one of his levels - Minuuuukelsuuuus!!!), there wasn't a thing on Witch Slayer that seemed any harder than Hexen Knight. I was actually going to vote the game a 3, but it gets an extra point just for the sheer amount of grief it's caused me.

Ah, thank goodness it's finally over; now if they only make a sequel!(:sick:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I haven't voted yet because I'm currently on ep. 18 of Hexen Knight difficulty and have totally run out of steam - I ran into a bit of a snafu getting the Witch's Ultimate Weapon, so my Hexen Knight playthrough is actually my fourth and I've grown aggressively bored with the game, so I need to take a bit of a break. Anyways, I saw this

and was kind of floored.

10 hours!?! I have to say, I find this almost impossible to believe. I didn't notice any difference between the QTEs from Knight to Hexen Knight, and, actually, I haven't failed a single QTE on Hexen Knight so far. How much of a difference can there really be between Hexen Knight and Witch Slayer? Like I said, I didn't notice a difference between Knight and Hexen Knight, so I can't imagine the jump from Hexen Knight to Witch Slayer is that severe.

Anyways, having basically finished Hexen Knight and only having Witch Slayer to complete, I'm currently leaning towards a 3 or 4 in difficulty - the hardest thing in the game is doing your first playthrough on Knight without any or many upgrades; 18 episodes of Hexen Knight have taken me maybe 3 hours to play (if that, even) so, again, I can't really imagine Witch Slayer being that much worse. Add to that the ease of finding most collectibles, the totally destructive power of the Spirit Cannon...yeah, right now, for me, this is a 3 or 4...Guess I'll wait for Witch Slayer QTEs before casting my vote, though.

All u wrote is a big fat lie, 1. u did all QTEs on HK without failin is a lie ,2. doing 18 lvls in 3 hours is the most ridiculous lie i ve ever heard and everybody who played this game knows that due to the fact it is IMPOSSIBLE to play every level in 10 min (18x10min =180 min = 3 hours),3. if u didnt mention the difference btw HK and WS QTEs u didnt play the game!! Word

out of sheer morbid curiosity i timed the qte event on witchslayer holda i used a digital stopwatch and when the prompt appeared i hit the stopwatch stoping when it the event ended

i clocked it at .15 seconds for a window to press the button, basically if the prompt widow shows up youve failed. you need to press the qtes as the tell starts

Derp.

Deeeerrrrpppp.

Deeeeeerrrrrrpppppp.

Awwww, did baby have a derp? There, there, little one, there, there - everything will be okay, I promise. You just need a little nap, I'm sure.

O, o - but before your nap you should probably learn a thing or two to avoid being such a messy little derpopotamus in the future...

In the first place, if I didn't play the game then why am I credited in the trophy guide for a tip on getting S-ranks in all levels (by the guide creator who is on my friends list - no less - and would, therefore, know whether or not I've actually played the game)?

mmm, derp

Further: with the spirit cannon unlocked and therefore no need to S-rank any more levels, all spells upgraded to maximum, absolutely no collectibles left to find, and the fact that almost every level has several areas and fights that can be skipped altogether, uh, yeah, about 10 minutes per level is right on target. Or it would be, if not for the boss fights: with every spell max'd out, pretty much all the bosses can be taken down in about 2-5 minutes, not counting whatever issues you have with QTEs - and, uh, yeah, I had no problems with the QTEs. Quite apart from bosses and QTEs, though: if you had the spirit cannon, all spells max'd out, and no collectibles to find...umm, what exactly were you doing that would make any of the levels take that long? There are exactly four time-consuming levels in the game: when Heinrich is separated from and must reach Gretchen, the two Minukelsus levels, and the trap-heavy level just prior to the final Faust fight. And by time-consuming I mean in the 15-20 minute range. If finishing the game that quickly is IMPOSSIBLE for you then maybe you're just, ummm, I don't know, not very good at it?

mmm, deeeerrrrpppp

Quite apart from all of that: yeah, of all the games in these forums that I decided to go into the difficulty polls and mess around with, it was this one: the mega-selling, critically-acclaimed, technically polished global blockbuster that is Knights Contract. Yeah. Right. Because I'm trying to prove my supercrazyawesomeness to the likes of you. Yeah. Right.

mmm, deeeeeerrrrrrpppppp

hwo r u callin tw12 r u sayin at teh rorrim or sumthin cuz u---**coughcough** O my, excuse me - for a minute there I seem to have been afflicted with some kind of When in Rome-style internet stupidity virus: I came that close to writing an entire post in a reciprocal tongue...Thank goodness I came to my senses. Especially when I realized that half the time I can't even understand what posts written in this peculiar language mean; like this little fragment of a sentence, for example:

and say hello to my 7 pms i got ,

I have to admit that I was weirdly mesmerized by these words for a couple of minutes as I tried to figure out what "7 pms" referred to and why someone would get it and why I would say "hello" to it...Like, what do these words mean? Al Pacino gets pre-menstrual at 7 o'clock? Good lord, that sounds ominous! But what does it mean? And why should I care? Does it mean...O, o, wait, I see: you got seven private messages telling you what a nasty, vile creature I am and wishing you well on your righteous crusade against internet trolling. Right? Right? Jackass. And seven? Really? That's it? I must say that I'm a bit disappointed at that news: I have twice that amount of hate mail waiting for me every time I sign in here - I must have gone easy on you; or maybe I'm losing my edge...Or maybe your weirdly 80s-inflected sub-literate temper tantrums don't strike all that sympathetic a pose to anyone other than members of your own ilk.

And speaking of people of "your ilk": can anyone explain to me why people like this not only seem to be attracted to me like moths to a flame, but also why it is that their basic patterns are so tediously the same: they always - and I mean always - cast the first stone, they never - and I mean never - have the intellectual resources to back up the casting of stones, and for some reason they are always utterly and totally amazed when the stone gets tossed back at them and catches them upside the head. Yeah, like I'm just going to let someone throw something at me and not do anything about it...Jackass.

This is a painfully tedious process to have to go through, and it's becoming increasingly tiresome every time it happens, so let's just cut to the chase: this is a difficulty poll; if you found the game in question to be extraordinarily difficult (which you obviously did), then vote accordingly; if you found the game to be quite easy (as I did), then likewise vote accordingly; and in the meanwhile: if you're going to call someone a liar, then you better have a bit more going for your case than a surfeit of stupidity and and excess of narcissism or you're going to get treated like the moron you so clearly appear to be: the fact that you're not clever enough or capable enough to figure out how to easily and efficiently beat a game after multiple playthroughs doesn't prove that everybody else is as dense and incompetent as you are; your basic lack of...well, everything...proves nothing other than your own ineptitude and inaptitude - and no one is particularly interested in hearing about either of those things.

let me change that this game has jumped to 12/10 on the difficulty scale all because of Faust 2nd Form QTE, Granted the minigames in 3D Dot and Bionic Commando Commando Mode are still harder but this is INSANE you have no time to press the button at all. it appears you fail. you memorize the buttons and they change WHEN they appear. Example the R1 one second it is appear just after Faust does the trident slam the next it appears during the slam.

• 3 weeks later...

7 - All due mainly to the unforgiving QTE's on HN and WS. There were a few frustrating moments outside of this but nothing that cant be handled with some patience. I would have rated this game much higher had I not had a computer and youtube handy - before I started using that method on the QTE's I was failing horribly, after that I was rarely missing. I am glad to have **loading** this one **loading** behind me.

i would give it 6,mostly due to the unforgiving QTEs,stupid gretchen ai and instant game over when kicked off a platform (bosses love that)

the 2nd and 3rd playthroughs are also a pain,it's sooo boring and he runs so slow

my completion times were

11h after normal,got s rank on first try on every stage

17,5 hours after hexen

24,5 hours after witchslayer and grinding

but that's nowhere near the real time it takes you because of the constant loading,cutscene skipping and homebutton quitting...expect 35-40hours minimum

i'm glad i'm done with this game

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a known hack for this game or something? Some people have platinumed this game in under 3 hours and gotten all the difficulty trophies in what appears to be one playthrough (unlocked within minutes of each other). Either there's a really quick way to plat this game or these people have somehow hacked a game and don't release how to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gave it a 5 because many trophies are not so much hard as they are time consuming and boring. Indeed the QTE's on higher difficulties are beyond aggravating at times, but if you average the entire trophy set, many are quite easy to grab starting off. Hence why I gave it a 5.