Potentially Glitched Lost Page, Episode 11

Xan

Greetings all,

I've run into a snag in collecting one of the Lost Pages, as one appears to have glitched its' way out of the game for me. It's the one that should be in the area where you fight Rapunzel during Chapter 11. I've never seen it appear from what I recall during my first run, and I'm pretty sure I got the other one during Chapter 11 after defeating the first Gold Wight (because I have the page for the Gold Wight in the Grimoire but not the one just after Rapunzel's first entry, which I assume is her spider form).

I'd like the simple solution to be I'm just not seeing it. That's doubtful, sadly, as I've combed the battle arena again and again with nothing appearing on the ground that looks like a Lost Page at any part in the fight, even after purposely failing the QTE in an attempt to re-spawn the item.

Still, if anyone could give a more detailed description of where that Lost Page is in the boss fight, I'd really appreciate it. Or perhaps someone ran into the same problem and found out how to make the Lost Page re-spawn? Anything would be helpful, as this is my last item needed for the Information Junkie trophy and the Platinum by proxy, and I'd really love to avoid another playthrough, especially after the fairly-brutal Witchslayer run.

Ah-ha! Success!

I guess you have to either wait long enough or allow her to go through enough spider/magic phases to get the Lost Page to spawn.

Here's how my fight when down for others having the problem; I got her to less than half health, she summoned some spiders with the reverse-control magic in play, I dealt with them, then she came back to fight normally for a bit (page hadn't spawned by this point). I got her to less than one full bar of health left, then she climbed on the wall, and I got caught in the "lift Heinrich up by hair and make you press a button rapidly to get out of it" trap, but I think that's what spawned the Lost Page for me.

She did use more reverse-control magic right after, and that's when I actually saw and picked up the Page, but I have a feeling that trap may have contributed as well. Also, mine wasn't in the same place in the video BreadSkin posted, it was closer to the wall on the other side of the room, where Gretchen hops up during the QTE, so I guess the spawn location is randomized.

Thanks again for the help, BreadSkin, and the maker of that video if you happen to see this; you've saved me another playthrough of the (still fun) game. Best of luck to others with that "problem" and I hope this helps.

• 4 months later...