I'll Just Say This.....

Kingdoms Of Amalur is a very good game the story may not be the best and those who ran final fantasy fans like me or the Tales series should give this a go. I'm.a die-hard FF7 fan closely followed by 8 and 10 but I first tried this game as a small test but at first I put myself off it for 2 months. But I finally gave it a go and I'll be honest it had me hooked within a few hours as stated the story isn't the best but you can get where it's going but it does lose you ajlittle but the combat and world it's self really is great I finished the game last night on hard and I recommend you doing the same as at the start it's very challenging but eases as you go along.

The game is worth playing and it's a shame the devs have closed down but they did a very good game I hope who ever buys the IP really gives it another chance and makes a 2nd game especially for next gen.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed the game, but I was also a bit disappointing in it at the same time. I was going in thinking it was going to be better than it was, but I still enjoyed playing it.

I would have liked for a sequel to see them improve on it, they really could have had a great game on their hands.

I enjoyed the game, but I was also a bit disappointing in it at the same time. I was going in thinking it was going to be better than it was, but I still enjoyed playing it.

I would have liked for a sequel to see them improve on it, they really could have had a great game on their hands.

Yup. For their first game, this was really well done. Too bad the studio has been closed down. But I believe the rights to Amalur were sold a while ago. Or at least, they did put it on the market. Reaaaally hoping for a second game.

Edited by Vuule

I loved this game to the point I got plat on it. I thought at one point I would die of boredom though while grinding to get every little things. But I still enjoyed doing it weirdly enough.

The gameplay is simple but well done for it's genre. It's not trying to be pretentious or anything. Sometimes the dialogue would make me laugh.

I got it at the same time as Skyrim and I was doing both games at the same time. KoA took the 'greyness' out of the way with it's colorful setting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a good game but it can become reptitive. Loot corpse, spawns 5 enemies - walk 100 feet, fight 3 enemies - walk another 50 feet, fight 4 enemies. I find myself running from point-to-point skipping a lot enemies to speed things up. Maybe it's cause I've played it before (Xbox) but I'm just avoiding as much crap as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I play almost all RPGs (and MMOs) and I give this game a solid 7.5-8. It's worth playing. The first 8 hours I HATED this game but I am glad I kept going. I am almost completely done with the western world and I could easily finish the game in a couple hours by just doing the main quest now and just respec to get the last couple trophies. Instead, the game is interesting enough I am doing every single side quest they offer (I'm on 137th quest right now) so there is a lot to do!