what's to add in Amalur2

For example, for a RPG, I find the stat sheet to be on the light side. Especially when trying to track progression for some of the collection trophies, it would be nice to have all related stats.

Why in hell would I care about how many chickens I slayed and not know how many speeches I won...

Your turn.

Not to sound complacent, but as far as gameplay goes, I'd like more of the same... The only thing I want is more slots for abilities, because 4 isn't enough for me. I was a Shadowcaster and that's easily 8 abilities.

When it comes to the game itself, I'd like a more driving story. The world itself is very fleshed out, but the story was a tad boring for what I expected. There's so much they could do!

1) More Ability Slots. 4 Isn't Enough.

2) More Inventory Space.

3) A better character stat interface, for example, if your mana is normal at 100, and you wear a piece of armor that increases/buffs it by +5 it'd be good if you could see that on a little stat screen like you can with DA: O for example. so you mana stat would say 100+5 in green.

It's hard to keep track of which peices of armor are buffing your character best sometimes by just looking in the inventory bit.

4) The ability to jump.

5) Online auction houses in the cities to upload any items you wish to sell/trade with other real players. This would be good because people can see the stuff you have created/blacksmithed.

6) Different armor styles, alot of the peices of armor/clothing have different names but when you wear them they look the same as each other, they should all look unique/different.

7) More races to create a character as, i.e. Gnomes. more character customization options.

This my fav game of all time but the above are just a few i'd like.

Also wish this was an MMO.

I would also like more ability slots, and there should be a way to switch weapons on the fly (using up and down on the d-pad would work)

Or like in Two Worlds 2, you can map completely different character set-ups using L,R and U on the d-pad. I had one as a strength character, another was wearing light armor and used a bow for stealth, and the 3rd one I had set up was more "mage-ish" than anything.

It was nice being able to do that and not have to pause the game, sort through the armor and weapons, then change each one individually, Press Up and BAM I got my stealth character, hit left and BOOF, I got my strength character..

I really don't see the need for a jump button, alot of great games use scripted jumps and worked very well.

And of course , a more fleshed out Stat page.

(Sound effects courtesy of Adam West...) :D

Less restriction in movement. This includes the ability to jump, mounts, or otherwise different mobility options rather than walk/jog/sprint.

More in-depth stats. This is relatively unanimous, but bears being said again. I am a stat tracker, and enjoy learning all kinds of various tid-bits. Think of battlelog.net for referencing.

More engaging story. Skyrim was able to hold my attention in dungeons without even tying a quest to it. It was all in the design, background story (through a scripted event or journal), or build-up of curiosity. I feel more compelled in Amalur to dungeon dive only for the sake of a true 100% completion.

Party expansion. Give me the ability to hire underlings to come with me.

But most of all, keep everything else in place. The balance of the game's engine, the combat fluidity and all other mechanics - keep it all precisely the same. Upgrade the character models a bit maybe, but do not disturb this games workability. Skyrim would've crashed hundreds of times, but Amalur has never failed me.

I fully agree with the ability slots extended to 8. Playing a mage as well, and if I use my fire, ice (although I don't like this one too much) and electricity powers, that's 3 to 4 solts already. Add the protection sphere, the healing spell and that's already too much. And how stupid that you cannot use a spell from the menu (like the healing one)??

But I disagree on the 'more inventory space' idea. That's the principle of a rpg, loot and sell, loot and sell, and sometimes get so happy because you just found a backpack to extend your capacity!! :)

Jump isn't so much needed as well. The dash works fine.

I do love one of the ideas there, be able to change the equipment on the fly to have a thief setup, mage setup, etc. Sounds sweet!

Depending on whether there is an Amalur 2 or an online mmo version of it here are my suggestions below.

1- Better story. I read how R.A. Salvatore supposedly wrote thousands of years worth of story. Didn't see it honestly. Think he just put his name on the game more than anything.

2- More ability slots.

3- I'm fine with having an inventory cap but adding storage chests that aren't shared would be great. Like the ones in Skyrim for example. If you put an item away in a storage chest at one house, you would have to go to that same one house to retrieve that particular item. Which isn't a problem since you can map travel to the location in seconds.

4- Reworking the salvage system in order to improve your chances of salvaging specific upgrade components tied to how many points you have invested in the blacksmithing skill. For example: chance to salvage a flawless component = 85% with 8 points invested in blacksmithing etc. Much better than having to reload a save over and over just to try your luck getting that one flawless regenerative? lining (+2 health regen per sec) upgrade you really want but instead get weak rivets (+5 health) every time.

5- Armor and weapon customization. Aside from being able to name the items you craft, add ores/dyes to change up the colors of them as well so they stand out from everything else you pick up.

6- Reworked loot system so that equal or higher level enemies drop items that scale to your level instead of being low level and useless like the majority of the unique (purple) items. I felt it was boring how you killed an epic boss like the Balor and got no loot from it.

7- Reworked chest system where you get at least a random master potion instead of a single eel petal or star thistle and minor health potion from a very hard level dispel barrier or locked chest. Otherwise there really is no incentive to opening them. Yes I am aware that the contents are random that doesn't mean they can't be improved.

8- End game dungeons with very rare unique items that drop from boss level enemies. There really isn't anything to do after beating the main story apart from fetch quests. The evil chickens in that hidden room in Primordia were amusing but the developers could have done more with it.

9- More in depth stats. How many successful persuasions, how many enemies of each type were killed that weren't chickens. Good to know for when you're hunting trophies.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by nycking