Ward Chest Locations - (Dispelling)

Finding chests with Wards on them can be frustrating at times, because they are far less common than standard locked chests. The trophy Open Sesame requires you to Dispel 50 wards, and if you failed a lot of wards early on in the game, being able to locate additional ones is crucial.

In order to make things easier on everyone I will be compiling a list of Ward Chests.

If you are curious about how many Wards you have dispelled, open your menu and go to Status -> Stats, then scroll down to the Exploration category and look at your Wards Dispelled total.

Location (Area) - Number of chests

• Mull Rane (Forsaken Plane) - 6 chests, requires Detect Hidden Doors.
  • Caer Tosai (Kandarin) - 1 chest
  • Tirin's Sancturay; in the town of Tirin's Rest (Galador) - 2 chests
  • Ballads Oratory; just outside the entrance next to the merchant Rey Keldeen (Ettinmire) - 1 chest
  • Castle Gastyr; just outside the entrance to the left, when facing the door (Caeled Coast) - 1 chest
  • Castle Ansilla; at the very end of the dungeon/end of the "The Lost Squad" quest (Caeled Coast) - 1 chest

This list is currently a work in progress. I will be adding more as I find them. Feel free to add ones you know of as well.

Edited by F8L Fool

Both available guides so far have not listed the trophy as missable, but wouldn't it be missable if I'm just really bad at the dispelling mini game? :p I can't dispel anything above Average and have failed a few of them, only successfully dispelled 13 so far, how many are there in total?

I was on the lookout for chests I could dispel (very easy to average) but you don't need to!

In Adessa there is a gnome called Daedinnear who can be found in the Adessa Laboratories. He will give you a quest called "Lab Assistant" you will be able to dispel more then 20 chests with this quest! It's a Task so you can do it over and over again and every dispel counts. This way I was able to go from 28 chests dispelled to 50 chests in less than half an hour!

He asks you to dispel 3 chests every round, they can be found upstairs, when completed you can do it again. But here's the best part not only do you get gold even when you didn't dispel 1 chest, but you also get multiple rounds of the same level. It goes like this:

1st round: 3 chests: Very Easy

2th round: 3 chests: Very Easy

3th round: 3 chests: Very Easy

4th round: 3 chests: Easy

5th round: 3 chests: Easy

6th round: 3 chests: Easy

7th round: 3 chests: Average

8th round: 3 chests: Average

9th round: 3 chests: Average

Edited by MrSoKoLoV

^ I didn't know that, thanks for posting. I'll keep an eye on this task. :)

Also I hope auto-dispel in counted for the trophy, because that's what I do all the time (I'm having difficulties with those chests).

EDIT : Looks like it's counted, as I've read in the guides.

Edited by Alex Fly

I was on the lookout for chests I could dispel (very easy to average) but you don't need to!

In Adessa there is a gnome called Daedinnear who can be found in the Adessa Laboratories. He will give you a quest called "Lab Assistant" you will be able to dispel more then 20 chests with this quest! It's a Task so you can do it over and over again and every dispel counts. This way I was able to go from 28 chests dispelled to 50 chests in less than half an hour!

He asks you to dispel 3 chests every round, they can be found upstairs, when completed you can do it again. But here's the best part not only do you get gold even when you didn't dispel 1 chest, but you also get multiple rounds of the same level. It goes like this:

^This. It was posted in a different thread also. Tried it and recorded it. Still need to edit the video. Before you do this quest, you're better of going to a fate weaver so you can get lv10 dispelling if you don't have it already.

EDIT: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYv_KZexP-c]Kingdoms of Amalur - Easy Dispels/'Open Sesame' Trophy/Achievement. - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT2: Btw, forgot. I read on the official forums that chests don't reset! :( This means the dispel trophy can be missed, if you're really going to fail them all.

Edited by Vuule

Both available guides so far have not listed the trophy as missable, but wouldn't it be missable if I'm just really bad at the dispelling mini game? :p I can't dispel anything above Average and have failed a few of them, only successfully dispelled 13 so far, how many are there in total?

I have level 2 Dispelling and I've failed at a LOT of wards, but I just got this trophy last night. There doesn't seem to be any lack of warded chests, and I think some of them even respawn (in the Delving Hall in Ysa, at least).

I have level 2 Dispelling and I've failed at a LOT of wards, but I just got this trophy last night. There doesn't seem to be any lack of warded chests, and I think some of them even respawn (in the Delving Hall in Ysa, at least).

I noticed the ones in the delving hall as well. However, I think it is a one time respawn. If you dispell them when you first come in, they will be re-warded after the initiation trial.

This will pretty much lock it up for me as I'm already around 36 after just the first region. Thanks.

So far I have 30 dispelled. And I can barely get the average ones also.(less than 50% of them that I have tried).

I'm still in the first region and have NOT done the Adessa mission that has like 9 chests. I Know I have passed and left alone more than 20 Hard- Very Hard chests.

I can't remember where I found them, most of them have been in some caves and the rest I found just wandering around. Once you have Detect Hidden maxed out it starts showing ALL chests in the surrounding are, only bad thing is there is no way to tell normal chests from dispelled chests.

I'm such a Horder/Salvager that by the time I get done looting most of the chests left on the map. they will be the Ward chests. :D

EDIT: Just got the trophy using the quest in Adessa. only took about 10 min. (I was already at 30)

Edited by PrimalCarnage