XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > K (PS3) > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #121 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Yes, that's correct, but where does the linked guide disagree with that statement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked guide
Do not enter High Fulgen or any other zone in Alabastra until you hit level 40. All of the zones in Alabastra can be level-locked to 40 and provide end-game replayability challege and farming if you wait until 40 to step foot in Alabastra for the first time.
Level 40 is highly unnecessary. I believe that Primordia is the highest level dungeon that you can manipulate monster level on by entering at a specific level. And the highest these monsters could possibly become is level 39 or lower (tested myself, they are definitely between 35 and 39). So the max level required to wait is ~35, since monsters will stop progressing after that.

Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode | OMG HD Zombies!
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
DKsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKsDragon View Post
Level 40 is highly unnecessary.
According to the guide, all outdoor areas in Alabastra have a lock range of 22-40.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #123 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Level 40 is highly unnecessary. I believe that Primordia is the highest level dungeon that you can manipulate monster level on by entering at a specific level. And the highest these monsters could possibly become is level 39 or lower (tested myself, they are definitely between 35 and 39). So the max level required to wait is ~35, since monsters will stop progressing after that.
Yes, but you get better XP form those enemies at a higher level.

At 35, monsters lock at level35. So, when you get to Level36, monsters are still 35. You get lesser XP from monsters one level below you than ones same level as you. Though you still see them as Yellow. A monster 2 levels below you is yellow as is one same level as you. But they give different XPs.

*** Blank friend requests will be deleted ***
the_requiem's Borderlands 2 Community Service thread [currently not available, not playing BL2 anymore]
the_requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #124 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_requiem View Post
Yes, but you get better XP form those enemies at a higher level.

At 35, monsters lock at level35. So, when you get to Level36, monsters are still 35. You get lesser XP from monsters one level below you than ones same level as you. Though you still see them as Yellow. A monster 2 levels below you is yellow as is one same level as you. But they give different XPs.
So in other words, if I want to make it to level 40 don't go to the final region until I'm nearly level 40 anyway. What's the point in that?
GodkingLeonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #125 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
According to the guide, all outdoor areas in Alabastra have a lock range of 22-40.
You could be right, they may continue to progress, but do it at a reduced pace or something, I just know that between my level 31 and 35, the enemies in the 'highest level dungeon' did NOT get 4 levels stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodkingLeonidas View Post
So in other words, if I want to make it to level 40 don't go to the final region until I'm nearly level 40 anyway. What's the point in that?
This is pretty much what I feel. Personally, I stopped grinding the second I hit level 36, popped the game out, and walked away, since it was the last trophy I needed. I can *maybe* see the point of not entering the dungeon till ~35 if you want to grind to level 40..... but waiting till level 40? That is just in the vague hope that some DLC will advance the level cap, but not release additional content. Blatantly dumb imo. So even if you REALLY want to hit 40, you STILL have no reason to wait to enter the dungeon till after you are 39, the worst it can be is a 1:1 ratio at that point (meaning the monsters would be 39 as well), and give optimum experience.

Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodkingLeonidas View Post
By the time I got to Alabastra I was level 38. I hit level 40 before the final battle, which you have to complete for said dungeon to be entered. At the pace you're going, completing all side quests and such, you should be fine.

Quote:
This is pretty much what I feel. Personally, I stopped grinding the second I hit level 36, popped the game out, and walked away, since it was the last trophy I needed. I can *maybe* see the point of not entering the dungeon till ~35 if you want to grind to level 40..... but waiting till level 40? That is just in the vague hope that some DLC will advance the level cap, but not release additional content. Blatantly dumb imo. So even if you REALLY want to hit 40, you STILL have no reason to wait to enter the dungeon till after you are 39, the worst it can be is a 1:1 ratio at that point (meaning the monsters would be 39 as well), and give optimum experience.
You're putting way too much thought into this...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiligkekse View Post
You're putting way too much thought into this...
I do so others don't have to

Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #128 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
By the time I got to Alabastra I was level 38. I hit level 40 before the final battle, which you have to complete for said dungeon to be entered. At the pace you're going, completing all side quests and such, you should be fine.
That is my hope, that by doing ALL the available quests, which I planned on doing anyway, I won't have any trouble reaching the level cap before I have to venture to the final region. Fingers crossed.
GodkingLeonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
I do so others don't have to
It just reminds me of "number crunching" in WoW. I never understood it. Too much work for a video game. Video games are supposed to be about having fun not about math. Unless it's a video game that teaches you math...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
It just reminds me of "number crunching" in WoW. I never understood it. Too much work for a video game. Video games are supposed to be about having fun not about math. Unless it's a video game that teaches you math...
I've always done that sort of thing. I will always calculate how much longer it will take me to achieve X, especially when I am grinding. Then again, I also made a list of every game I had with platinum remaining times, and have a list of every movie I've seen since last February (25th to be exact), I'm that kinda person xP