Speedster Trophy (my personal thoughts and recommendations)

Jyrakos

I've talked to quite a few people who seem to be having trouble with the Speedster trophy, and I thought I'd give my little bit of advice (and my experience on it).

{THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION I HAVE TO GIVE!}

First and foremost, there is some confusion about what stops the clock and what doesn't. Let me clear this up, NOTHING stops the clock. Opening the menu, pausing during battle, watching a cutscene, pausing during a cutscene...NONE of this stops the clock. I have done a lot of testing to make sure, and the clock continues to run during all of these. By skipping all cutscenes, you can cut down on a lot of your time.

Also, it's very easy to do this along with no continues and never changing armor on Beginner. Just choose to start your adventure at Dawn, and you don't have anything to worry about. You don't even have to fight any random battles, just run past em and only fight those required to move on. I did this, and I'm level 46 at the World Terminus save point.

Also, you can skip 2 worlds entirely. You can skip Olympus Coliseum and either Atlantica or Halloween Town (I chose to skip Atlantica). However, note in the World Terminus that you can only skip the battle arenas based on worlds you've beaten, so you'll have to fight those. Given the choice between a 5 minute battle or a 30 minute world, I'd definitely take the Terminus battle.

And for reference, here's the times I recorded for anyone interested in checking themselves against mine (to see how you're doing as you go).

[spoiler=Speedster]

Destiny Islands clear - 0:20

Traverse Town first visit clear - 0:40

Wonderland sealed - 1:07

Deep Jungle sealed - 1:38

Traverse Town second visit sealed - 1:58

Agrabah sealed - 2:28

Monstro clear - 2:40

Halloweentown sealed - 3:05

Neverland sealed - 3:29

Hollow Bastion first visit clear - 4:11

Hollow Bastion second visit sealed - 4:37

End of the World - World Terminus - 5:01

So yes, 15 hours is incredibly doable. Just don't wait around and/or sit with the game paused.

UPDATE FOR PS4 VERSION: Everything is still the same as PS3, but there is one new trick. You can press the PS button to suspend the game (or put the PS4 in rest mode) and it does NOT continue the clock. This is great for taking a pause if needed.

Edited by Jyrakos
PS4 Version Update

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tips!

I personally watched all cut scenes and beat it on Proud in 13ish hours. -My first playthrough- Just dodge roll and dodge roll and dodge roll and dodge roll.

If something is giving you too much trouble just consider reloading your save instead of continuing -This should only apply to proud mode though.. and really only later in the game, "EOTW heartless wave".

EDIT:

EOTW tips below

[spoiler=ID]You only have to fight TWO of the light pillar type battles! -When you revist worlds, this will save you quite a bit of time! Just keep going straight, passing them all until you can't anymore, then dive into that one, fight and move on.

Edited by xTheBravex

I've almost finished my 100% run on normal and will be doing this with unchanging armour on beginner next so thanks for these extra tips! Perfect timing and they will definitely come in handy!

I'm not too worried about getting this but I'm surprised that the clock doesn't stop during cutscenes as the trophy guide says:

Cutscenes don't add to your time but if you want to get this playthrough over with you have the option to press start and skip it.

Also about skipping arenas on the world terminus... Is it really possible to skip any? In my old ps2 game saves I would always do pretty much everything there was to do (including clearing all the worlds) but I remember accidentally missing an arena, not being sure which one it was and having to do them all again. I'll probably just do them all to be safe but which ones are you saying i could skip assuming I skip the coliseum, Atlantica and the second half of Monstro?

Edited by Vyletta

Yeah, you'll notice that the pillar of flame in the center is a different color depending on certain circumstances. It will be pink if you've already cleared that world. It will be blue if you haven't cleared that world. And it will be green for 100 Acre Wood (the no enemies, save point one). Also, if the pillar of flame is blue, you'll notice the little shiny blue lights (the ones that take you to the next platform) are simply not there.

And on the note of cutscenes, I decided to test it a bunch to make sure (since the guide said it was ok). But sadly they definitely do count for your time.

I didn't notice an increase of time when I did it on the JP version, not sure if this was changed or if I just too fast (I skipped most cutscenes but the ones I didn't I checked and it didn't look like it affected me)

In anycase I changed the information in the guide for safety

As far as everything else is concerned, you can go through every single world if you want and fight every battle during that last portion of the game and still come out with hours of time to spare (especially on beginner). There really isn't any need for concern...

Edited by Setsuna

I didn't notice an increase of time when I did it on the JP version, not sure if this was changed or if I just too fast (I skipped most cutscenes but the ones I didn't I checked and it didn't look like it affected me)

In anycase I changed the information in the guide for safety

As far as everything else is concerned, you can go through every single world if you want and fight every battle during that last portion of the game and still come out with hours of time to spare (especially on beginner). There really isn't any need for concern...

Indeed, I'm not sure why everyone is freaked out by this trophy... Like I said, I did it, first playthrough, on proud, and watched all cutscenes, and had an hour and 30 to spare -Dicked around too long in Agrabah as well, also Lock Shock and Barrel were assholes for whatever reason, cost me about 30 minutes.-

If you can't finish this game while skipping worlds and playing on beginner in under 15 hours.... That's just sad frankly :/

Indeed, I'm not sure why everyone is freaked out by this trophy... Like I said, I did it, first playthrough, on proud, and watched all cutscenes, and had an hour and 30 to spare -Dicked around too long in Agrabah as well, also Lock Shock and Barrel were assholes for whatever reason, cost me about 30 minutes.-

If you can't finish this game while skipping worlds and playing on beginner in under 15 hours.... That's just sad frankly :/

No need to be condescending. I haven't done it yet and though I know I'll have no trouble with it, it helps to have a plan of attack. Same with any trophy that requires a bit of effort.

No need to be condescending. I haven't done it yet and though I know I'll have no trouble with it, it helps to have a plan of attack. Same with any trophy that requires a bit of effort.

Plan of attack: Don't fall asleep with the game on ? That's pretty much it lol Have a walkthrough up and boss battle videos ready if necessary.

Didn't mean to be, I'm not one to throw stones over the Internet. I'm just saying that this trophy is no where near as difficult as people are planning it out to be.

Also, it's very easy to do this along with no continues and never changing armor on Beginner. Just choose to start your adventure at Dawn, and you don't have anything to worry about. You don't even have to fight any random battles, just run past em and only fight those required to move on. I did this, and I'm level 46 at the World Terminus save point.

Just to have an idea, what did you choose and discard in the beggining? (Sword/Shield/Staff)

I do believe this is going to be easy and fast since I'm doing my first playthrough on proud and only had trouble with anti-sora and ursula, but my only problem will be, since we can't change equipment (I'm going to use this for Unchanging Armor), the low AP I'll have, and which abilities I should give priority, both mine and Donald/Goofy's.

I chose sword and gave up shield. It doesn't matter too much though. But the slight added strength makes up for not changing gear, and I like getting Scan at 9 instead of 15 or 21.

You're right about that, also I heard they also give some items like AP Up or something in the begining, did you spend them all on Sora?

Apparently if you leave your game on for over 99:59, the clock resets to 00:00, and by that point you should already be at the final boss and beat him really quickly which should net you the trophy.

So if you have a lot of time tallied in your game, you can just leave the game on and reset the clock to make this trophy easier to get.

source: Massive Speedstar Trophy Glitch!!!! - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs To all those struggling to get the Speedster Trophy in Final Mix..... - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Apparently if you leave your game on for over 99:59, the clock resets to 00:00, and by that point you should already be at the final boss and beat him really quickly which should net you the trophy.

So if you have a lot of time tallied in your game, you can just leave the game on and reset the clock to make this trophy easier to get.

source: Massive Speedstar Trophy Glitch!!!! - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs To all those struggling to get the Speedster Trophy in Final Mix..... - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Well, THAT was unexpected. I didn't expect the clock reset to alter the trophy.

Here are my times, while also doing Unchanging Armor and Undefeated:

Destiny Islands Clear: 0:22

Traverse Town first visit clear: 0:35

Wonderland Sealed: 0:55

Deep Jungle Sealed: 1:15

Traverse town Sealed: 01:29

Agrabah Sealed: 01:56

Monstro Cleared: 02:09

Halloween Town Sealed: 02:35

Neverland: 02:54

Hollow Bastion first visit clear: 03:41

Hollow Bastion Sealed: 04:10

world terminus 04:39

Final Rest: 05:24

Though I probably finished the game with aroud 7 hours and something, as I had a lot of trouble with the first Ansem battle and the first part of the World of Chaos.

Anyway, with the skip cutscenes option this is pretty doable on any difficulty. Only did it in Begginer because of the other 2 trophies.

I was pretty excited that the clock reset once I hit over 99 hours and I was able to claim my speedster trophy since I was probably 108 hours into it when I finally went to Ansem, which I did on purpose. It's good that I don't have to go through it more times than I care to. I'm not really aiming for 100%; I doubt I'll go for the undefeated and unchanging armor trophies.

AHK! you bastard! haha, I was recording my times as well to make this exact thread. This is what I did.

Times are when first entering the menu from entering the world excluding awakening and destiny islands.

Awakening 00:10

Destiny Islands(After Collecting everything) 00:21

Traverse Town(first visit) 00:26

Olympus Coliseum 00:41

Deep Jungle 00:56

Traverse Town(pit stop) 01:24

Alice in wonderland 01:30

Traverse Town(2nd visit) 01:42

Agrabah 02:06

Monstro 02:40

Halloween Town 02:53

Neverland 03:27

Hollow Bastion 03:55

Traverse Town(Final visit) 04:40

Hollow Bastion(Final visit) 05:02

End of the World 05:30

At this point the heart door was frustrating me due to me picking the sword and not the shield(no leaf bracer) so I leveled up to level 60 at the olympus colisium. Did all the matches to get Graviga then grinding on ice titan followed. I went back and finish the game for a 12 hour playthrough. From the end of the world to end game you should expect to spend another hour for a 6:30 playthrough.

As long as you don't have to pause too long, and save frequently to allow yourself to reload where applicable, you should be fine. Doing the trophy 100% optimally will get you to the final save point in about 5 hours. I was really lax about doing things in mine and did a lot of extra battles, grabbed chests I didn't need and paused a few times for 15+ minutes because of my son and still got there in about 8 hours.

• 3 weeks later...