Getting the Power Stone (SniperWild)

WolfDevin

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this? I know what the SniperWilds are and where they are located. However, I can't seem to kill it without it spotting me. I have stopra unlocked but I am so far in the game (past hollow bastion) that the effects of stop are reduced. I can't freeze it long enough to even get close to attack it. So, I was hoping someone may have a tip to get by these. I am in pursuit of the Power Stone so I can finish off my synth lists so I can begin work on the ultima weapon. Thanks in advance!

Yeah those SniperWilds are a tricky bunch.

I assume you have abilities like "Lucky Strike" and "Encounter Up" equipped, right?

Here's some tips I can give you:

- Un-equip any extra "Combo Plus" abilities. You should leave only one equipped. This is so that you can do your finishers more quickly.

- Put the Stop & Thunder spell on shortcut, Stop to make things easier and Thunder to damage/distract one from calling others in case it spots you.

Get behind the one SniperWild and attack it. Cast Stop immediately if you're feeling cautious. After you kill that one, 2 more will spawn. Cast stop and try to do a quick combo on each one.

Repeat this for the next wave, the 3rd SW might not be in range of the Stop spell so be wary of its line-of-sight as you wail on the other two, then proceed to attack it.

I assume you have abilities like "Lucky Strike" and "Encounter Up" equipped, right?

- Un-equip any extra "Combo Plus" abilities. You should leave only one equipped. This is so that you can do your finishers more quickly.

- Put the Stop & Thunder spell on shortcut, Stop to make things easier and Thunder to damage/distract one from calling others in case it spots you.

Get behind the one SniperWild and attack it. Cast Stop immediately if you're feeling cautious. After you kill that one, 2 more will spawn. Cast stop and try to do a quick combo on each one.

Repeat this for the next wave, the 3rd SW might not be in range of the Stop spell so be wary of its line-of-sight as you wail on the other two, then proceed to attack it.

Hey, Thanks for the tip! This is the second time I have heard about the ability: "Encounter-up". What approximate level does this unlock at because I am just shy of the ending and level 61?

I am looking for this because I have heard that the bizzare room is the only room where Gigas shadows will spawn, but everytime I go there they do not spawn.

I encountered a Black Ballade in Deep Jungle and they move so fast its so hard to determine which is the right one to hit after they all switch around.

Yeah, they seem to go even faster around the 3rd or 4th guess.

I just spam the pause button and track it.

How long would you say it took total to get all synthesis materials?

Made an account specifically for this particular, god awful creation.

After an hour of beating my head against the wall. Finally said to hell with it, and went completely berserk on them. Believe it or not it worked.

First guy I went after I cast stop, killed it. Two more popped up, immediately cast stop again, destroyed it then immediately jumped to the other one (was not effected by stop). When they scatter, it's almost as if they drop aggro so to speak, because no alarms went off. If you're lucky, they will slip on their own banana peel (when this happened my wife gave me an odd look when I yelled "YOU'RE MINE" at the top of my lungs).

Simply put, used stop only when I couldn't catch up to the thing. Beat the crap out of the others and didn't stop until they quit spawning. Got 3 power stones.

just the power stones? probably 15 min at the most

Nah, I mean EVERYTHING.

I synthesized like 15 things last night and it took about 5 hours to find the materials I needed. Some, like Power Shards just would not drop! I don't have lucky strike on Sora though since I don't get it until lvl 90 :(

I need 6 more things synth'd to have 30 done, and access to the final 3 weapons.

Oh everything? I don't know, probably a couple days. I didn't really track the time until I got to the last 3 synthesized weapons. Getting the materials for Ultima Weapon took probably a couple hours. I needed to synthesize a couple Dark Matters but to make that even more time consuming, I needed to synthesize Mythrils which took like another hour or so.

Have you gone to last save point in End of the World? If not, there's a green room with a heartless emblem on the wall that sheds the more heartless you defeat. I hear if you summon Bambi there and defeat lots of enemies you will get mythril materials easily. But back out of the room every time there is one piece of the emblem on the wall. If you don't you won't get the opportunity for Mythril drops here again.

Edited by Zigzag

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine came up with a brilliant tactic - but you do need the high jump. And patience. And lots of MP/ethers ;)

When you know a sniperwild is there, go and jump onto the awning above the shop on the right, just before the passage to 3rd district. From there, jump on to the roof. Might take a couple of attempts but Sora should be able to reach the ledge then jump up. Make sure Donald and Goofy follow you, or they might be spotted. Now, get on to the edge of the roof (or just behind it), and wait for the suckers to come into range, and Thunder/a/ga away. They can't see you all the way up there...! Even better, after the 6th Sniperwild, the munny/items drop right next to you so you don't even need to jump down to collect

Thanks for the roof trick. It works wonderfully, albeit it's an expensive endeavor to get Power Stones. (I use about 3 ethers per Sniper Wild). Although, one correction. It is possible for them to see you on a very rare occasion (even though Goofy & Donald were also on the roof with me). Next time though, I'd probably try getting the Power Stones before I hit Hollow Bastion, just because the enemies are weaker.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am by far having the most difficult time with this...i cant beat this....! Sniperwilds are just too difficult...:(

Best tip i can give you is, dont jump right at them.

Once you see one in the 2nd district, wait until it turns its back to you, then run at it and kill it. Right away, get outta there, cuz 2 more will spawn.

Wait until they separate, then jump on one with Stop spell and kill it. Same for the other one and get out again. it'll be 3 this time, rinse and repeat.

You should get a Power stone after the 3rd wave (which happened for me a lot)

• 2 months later...

They are a tricky bunch, but with enough patience and skill, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I do recommend to en-equip any extra combo abilities, as well to have super glide, as that makes it easier to escape or catch up to any sniperwilds that may be far or close at the same time.

As an added bonus, any magic besides thunder and especially stop won't do much, so time your attacks, and you should be getting the power stones by your 3-8 kill like me.

Hope it helps.