Gummi Ship Mission 3 Atlantica is so........

Does anyone has some tips for doing Gummi Ship Mission 3 of Atlantica?

Doing 260 score with not touching any items is so insane, but there's something that's so stupid.

Yeah...that bad Monstro always eats me when I almost done that score. :mad:

I did this mission more than 50 tries and there's only one try that I hit 250 score, so that's 99% I can pass this mission but...

The Monstro eat me, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :wall::2walls:

Are there something that I can do to not see that bad Monstro?

Or anything about how to do it easier, about gummi ship customize, weapons, etc.

I already read the gamefaqs guide but that's not help, also fing some vdo clips in youtube but no clip about this mission, too. :(

Edited by Kunachan

If you have Monstro on your Atlantica route it depends on luck, sorry. The characters tell you when he disappeared while flying through the route where he was the last time.

Mission 3 is hard, yes. It is one of the hardest missions but unlike Mission 2 you may shoot at everything. This means you can decide, what you shoot at and what not. You should know the route and fly in totally opposite corners, meaning if enemies are in an upper left spot try to fly in the lower right spot and of course use a small Gumi Ship (with the Arise/Full-Life Gumi). If you have many central targets don't shoot wildly. There may be many spots with Gumi Blocks that you can't avoid and maybe you fly even through them in case you are not in a corner at that moment. This means, to get many points using some Gumis which target many ships and obstacles but only when you can't get the dropped Gumi Blocks. You should rely on normal Thunder Gumi in many cases because you can choose a side to destroy them while those all-target Gumis destroy like everything and leave the Gumis behind in many places because so much was destroyed. I guess you know what I mean.

Edited by Cetra

Just complete that mission YAYYYYY. :dance:

I used to use Holy Gummi, so the ship is too fast to evade items.

But when I changed to Fire Gummi, I can done it in 4-5 tries.

That'sbecause of my stupid to not noticed about the ship's speed. :p

For anyone having problems with this mission I still write a good strategy, the one I use and which makes it easy except one thing you have to learn and master by yourself:

Then it is just about not being clumsy.

Make a ship which is small but in a sense of slim.

Equip it with wings, but with wings which go forward and backward and not left and right (so "IxI" and not "-x-").

Use two rows of Protes Gummi (two rows next to each other, making it four rows with the wings)

Between an Arise Gummi.

Behind it two Fire Gummi and behind the Cockpit but above the gear a Wall and Esuna Gummi.

Use two Thunder Gummi and two Ultima Gummi.

Shoot always from a save distance and never when something which can be destroyed is close to you, so in front of you and which means you cannot avoid getting the item it leaves behind. Heartless which fly directl at you or obstacles which you did not pay attention to are such things. When many things are near you should rather use the Thunder Gummi instead of the Ultima Gummi, because the Ultima Gummi might destroy something too close and you don't want the items.

Don't bother flying into obstacles or Heartless. If you avoid items this way it is worth it. Also sometimes don't shoot at Heartless when there are too many. This is often the case when yellow Heartless in the Meteor fields and the faster Heartless which fly pretty directly at you come in a great amount. However if there is a good time and free space, let's rock.

You may fly very close to the items and it does not matter but of course not too close.

When you reach the warp hole have about 100-120 Points.

When you drive to Atlantica have about 180-200 Points. Better fly in corners and edges often. Many targets need to be destroyed very central and when you reach the point you want to be in a corner normally.

Afterwards you can get some points but also stay not too central. Better miss some things like you should do in general.

When the last part begins (when the Death Gazes and the very central flying ships appear) get the rest of the points but also be sure not to fly to central. You could destroy some things there but you need to keep a safe distance.

Edited by Cetra

• 6 months later...

i just finished this yesterday in about 4 hours... (5 semi-successful attempts, 2 being destroyed after getting the target score and 3 being swallowed by monstro...) Good thing i was keeping myself occupied by watching something while trying and trying though... or else I would lose my sanity...

IMO coming from Deep Jungle is really the easiest route

• 5 months later...

Funny how everything from Atlantica is always either tedious, long, or boring, and it's no surprise that the missions are just as horrible.

Anyways, yes, the third mission especially is a pain, however, strangely, according to an odd discovery by someone, the less rings you fly by from deep jungle to Atlantica, you even the odds of Monstro not appearing.

And as strange as that sounds, it did work for me, so might want to try that if you can.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
wow i dont think i'lll like this gummie ship mission,maybe i'll save these for very very very last after i finish all the difficulties and side missions

Finish the mission after the fact, as those will take up most of your time if anything. They are not too bad, just annoyingly time consuming. :)

• 3 months later...
These trophies are a joke and totally ruined a great game..not wasting my time and stress on these things

I actually think the trophies aren't too bad. Especially when compared to games like Final Fantasy X...that is a game I won't be getting many trophies for. Maybe.

Taking on the bosses over leveled makes those trophies super easy, I beat Sephiroth at level 99. And the worst part of the gummi ship missions is Atlantica, of course! The End of World last mission gave me a little trouble but nothing compared to Atlantica mission 3.

For those struggling with mission 3 like I was, all I can say is follow the advice on ship building in this thread and the youtube guides here definitely helps as well. Don't give up!

• 4 months later...

So while I was zipping around getting bits and bobs for synthesis I had a quick glance at the Gummi missions. I saw the Traverse Town 3rd Mission and thought "wut? nowai D:"

Took about three attempts.

The rest of the Gummi missions were about the same, no more than 3-4 attempts.

Now this mission is all that is standing between me and the Plat. I've given it 2 attempts so far; the first time I accidentally shot a ship that came on screen from behind me, the second I moved too far while trying to aim.

I can tell this will not go as easy as the rest.....

I'm loathe to make my ship narrower than the double row of four weapons I have stuck on the front of it...

Would it be better if I used only lasers instead of a mix of lasers and cannons? And I assume Esuna - while providing more targets to shoot at - is otherwise a hindrance?

EDIT: Never mind! I got it :D see you all on the RE:CoM boards in the near future xD

Edited by Silin

• 7 months later...

I completed this mission with 261 points.

Since Monstro appeared between Agrabah and Atlantica, I started from Neverland going to Atlantica.

I used a fully armed gummi ship with Thunders and lasers. I was always on the brakes to proceed slow and to hit all enemies and avoid items.

This is the hardest gummi mission for me.