" As you know, we have developed many new features in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D with very fast movements. It was sort of what we were hoping for KINGDOM HEARTS III, and with that you could say Dream Drop Distance was a test for this game. The gameplay of KINGDOM HEARTS III will be an improved version of the KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. This is truly amazing and never seen in any existing action game." - Nomura in an interview with KHDestiny & KHisland

So, clearly KH3 will be vastly different from the other core titles, it's closest relative being DDD. Will Flowmotion return? Perhaps something better? What do you guys think will happen? Also, how do you feel about Flowmotion, specifically in the context of a PS4 game?

• 8 months later...

I liked Flowmotion, it could be tricky at times, but overall it was a clear example of the combat being the only thing that actually improved with each installment in the Kingdom Hearts series. Though I'm not liking that phrase KingClound "it's closest relative being DDD". I will eat my own shoe and jump off a bridge before I see those god-awful dream eaters make a comeback.

I haven't played DDD either but from what I understand its a new way to get around. Like you can jump and run across sides of buildings and stuff I think.

EDIT: Heres a video that explains it better:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pEJBrzjnE]Kingdom Hearts 3D: Flowmotion Guide - IGN_Strategize - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Eric-B14

^ What Eric said. It's basically moving really fast, darting around the battlefield like an 8 year old on pixie sticks. While it's tricky to get the hang of at first, on the whole I'd say it was the best thing to be introduced to KH combat. I'd love for it to make a reappearance.