No in-game save?

GreatHavok

I've played the first mission but somehow I think I'm mid through the mission and it's not saving my progress. I made a bit of research and found that visiting the arms dealer saves the game and it really does.

Now I went back on the game, and where's my save?

Does it mean I have to clear the whole mission from start to finish?

Where and when does the game make a save?

Can anyone clear this to me, as the trophy guide didn't gave a warning about this.

I've played the first mission but somehow I think I'm mid through the mission and it's not saving my progress. I made a bit of research and found that visiting the arms dealer saves the game and it really does.

Now I went back on the game, and where's my save?

Does it mean I have to clear the whole mission from start to finish?

Where and when does the game make a save?

Can anyone clear this to me, as the trophy guide didn't gave a warning about this.

The game only saves when you finish a level, or when you select save and quit. It should be noted that save and quit will save your progress in terms of kills and money, but would put you back to the start of the level if you exit the game and come back to it later.

The trophy guide mentions the arms dealer as it's a handy way of creating an artificial checkpoint, particularly if you're stuck on a certain section. As it's a checkpoint, if you die you'll respawn there but if you exit the game/turn off your Vita you'll need to start the level again.

I didn't read the whole guide to prevent spoilers.

But I do read the do's and don'ts that's normally mentioned at the start of the guide. I guess it was mentioned somewhere in the middle or wherever.

But the thing is, when I checked, the trophy guide never gave any warning about another trophy which is No Way Home. He did say something about "stuck" but never mentioned how to prevent this.

As I mentioned it here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-mercenary/238683-no-way-home-trophy-got-stuck.html

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the arms dealer as checkpoint kept me finishing this game.

contract 8 - killing all those mechs AND soldiers on hard was extremely difficult for me.

only with help by saving at the arms dealer i managed to finish the level.

i liked this game, but this was the moment it became worthless to me, i realized again how lame game developers are - the usual framerate fuckups when fighting big enemys, all gameflow destroyed by this technical lameness. and there are a lot of other titles fucked up :(

games running at constant fps is a must for me, everything else is unacceptable.

so for me this game turned from very good to only average rating.

Edited by HD73