Rate the trophy difficulty  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.54

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't vote until I've completed the online, but so far it's looking like a 5. Veteran difficulty is a joke, and the majority of the Covert/Precision/Demolition contracts are simple (I did all these on Veteran as well). Minimum 4 playthroughs and 100 online matches, even then you'll likely need to grind a few thousand kills, but nothing that makes it particularly difficult in regards to skill.

I've got everything that is hard all that's left from me is online grinding so I feel I'm experienced enough to rate

Except you haven't - Dedicated To The Cause is the most difficult part, which you haven't done. I'm probably the only one on the forums who has actually done enough to warrant voting, but I'll still hold off until I'm done.

I won't vote until I've 100% from now on sorry boys

At least now you know :)

EDIT: Gave it a 6. Was originally thinking 5, but due to the sheer tedium required to grind out the extra several thousand kills, I bumped it up one. Quite a few people will probably give up on the kills, as chances are you'll need about 4,000 more once you've completed all SP and MP trophies.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Except you haven't - Dedicated To The Cause is the most difficult part, which you haven't done. I'm probably the only one on the forums who has actually done enough to warrant voting, but I'll still hold off until I'm done.

If he has done everything skill-based then that should be enough to warrant a rating unless he is legitimately doing the online grind (which he should be boosting instead) then I would agree with this.

Now when I've completed all the contracts (and only grinding is left) I'm giving it 5.

Almost all contracts were easy, only couple of them were painful - leaving the storage unnoticed (end of the 8th mission, probably I should have used spy armor :)) and final boss. If using armoury was as risky as hacking terminals (no pause and you can get killed) it could be 6-7/10.

Most of online trophies are luck based (like Spangled. I've got it by getting tranquilised by an enemy at the same time as I tranquilised him. We were both lying near and screaming for help :D. Probably it was gamer8956 - he got this trophy at the exact same time), the only skill based is getting 10 killstreak. But you don't need any extraordinary skills to do this...

And also all of them are boostable.

And grinding is grinding, it's doesn't affect difficulty. However I do need 5,7k more kills =/ And to grind 2 last DJ leves in DJ Max technika tune before it :D

Edited by vivan

EDIT: Gave it a 6. Was originally thinking 5, but due to the sheer tedium required to grind out the extra several thousand kills, I bumped it up one. Quite a few people will probably give up on the kills, as chances are you'll need about 4,000 more once you've completed all SP and MP trophies.

To get your last 4000 raven did u play sp or mp?

Is "Full Deck" easily gained through single player then? I was a little worried about that one when the trophy list was first teased.

Yes, It's quite easy to get. Timeconsuming like many other but you will get it while going for other trophies.You get a Valour card for completing a contract on Veteran, three for finding all intel in a mission. So completing all missions, finding intel will net you 36 cards right there. Then you can pickup cards in mp, but these can be cards you already have.

Oh bloody-hell.. :rolleyes:, looks like I'm tradin this 1 in then towards GTA. I was having fun as well! :(. Thx for the heads up.

I scored this a 5.

The sp trophies are all pretty straightforward and easily obtainable. Full deck and the ace ranking came naturally for me about 3/4 into the campaign. The precision and stealth contracts can be tricky, but aren't that much of a problem.

The mp trophies can cause some concern for some people. Namely the well rounded and killing machine, but this is also more skill and luck based.

Now the only factor that can up the score is the huge grind towards 10000 kills and possibly 100 mp games, but the later should be more of a commitment issue then a difficulty issue.

I'd say it's a 6. Regular campaign is a 4, contracts are a 5 and the online is a 6.

The incredible grind (I have 30mp games and 5000 kills left) is just stupid. A rather good game but will probably be one of the most boring grinds for platinum.

And the online trophies. Survive a tranquilize? It's purely luck if you do it. I got it even though I got killed so it glitched in a good way for me. Only time in 70 games I have seen it been used though.

Pretty good game, rather easy but boring platinum.

This is me right now. The difference is that I only had 3k kills after completing all of the single player contracts and will probably have around 1.2k after 100 mp games. That's a whopping 5.8k kills to grind.

I'd really like to plat this game as I really enjoyed it, but after timing a couple of runs, it will take about 11 hours of just grinding the same mission over and over. I'm pretty sure by that point I'd want nothing more to do with the game.

It's not hard at all, but with the tedium involved its gotta be a 6/6.5.

This is me right now. The difference is that I only had 3k kills after completing all of the single player contracts and will probably have around 1.2k after 100 mp games. That's a whopping 5.8k kills to grind.

I'd really like to plat this game as I really enjoyed it, but after timing a couple of runs, it will take about 11 hours of just grinding the same mission over and over. I'm pretty sure by that point I'd want nothing more to do with the game.

It's not hard at all, but with the tedium involved its gotta be a 6/6.5.

I had about your numbers when I finished all contracts and 100mp games. I grind the package for about 500 kills and then do something else for awhile. It's crazy that one trophy will take as much time as the rest of the game!